“Beware this Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
West Yorkshire
“Beware this Hotel”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Until the Monday of our holiday (we got there on the Friday), all was great, but after that it went dowhill very quickly. The leftover food was re-gurgitated throughout the day (mushrooms not eaten in the morning and chicken not eaten at lunch for example, were made into chicken and mushroom pie for the evening meal). We learnt fast to get to lunch as soon as we could, otherwise we would watch the staff re-frying chicken to keep it warm. The whole family became ill. The kids were first; we watched children (not just ours - I would say between 50-60 children - I am NOT kidding), round the pools literally drop throughout the week, then the adults started. The pools were closed after a week. An Aqua Park with closed pools?!

We spent 5k on this family holiday to go 'all inclusive' so we would have very little extra to spend. We had to eat at the canteen restaurant because the other restaurants were all 'extra.' There were a LOT of extras!!! Some examples:- had to pay for 'free' kids club activities. Minibar 'free' contents minimal - crammed with sweets n choccies - which weren't free, and the children of course wanted. There were two litre bottles of water in the fridge - one was free, one wasn't! Not all the Aqua Park Rides (when it was open) were free. The ice cream was only free for one hour per day.

On the flight home everyone was so relieved to be away from that place... I would not send my dog there!!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Honest_Bob09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
coventry
Reviewed September 12, 2009

we had a totally awesome holiday at aqua fantasy, and felt that a week wasn't long enough to see and do everything that was on offer, we arrived at the hotel about 4:30pm and were able to grab a snack in the pearl bar before dinner. Our welcome meeting wasn't until the next day, so it was my good luck to grab naomi from the croco kids club, who filled me in on the club. I can't praise croco enough, Its a totally awesome kids club, and on the last day my lad was crying because he didn't want to leave, i especially liked the mini disco, which to be totally honest was more like a show for the little people, the banter between sandra and naomi while on stage is hilarious, and sandra the flying robot had me in stiches :O). Not many people will know this but the club accepts kids toys such as lilo's and balls and water blasters, these are recycled to help local childrens charities, i was impressed with this, and donated the above mentioned items at the end of our holiday. Got to mention donna, miss you loads chick. There are two turkish members of staff, beyonce and eteem, my lad improved his football skills loads while on holiday, and beyonce's enthusiastic " you want" high five at the start of mini disco everynight sets the scene. The mini disco CD is priced at 30 Ytl, and in my opinion is well worth the money, my lad hasn't stopped playing it since we got home. I have to mention the NAZAR guys too, as they help out in the kids club with the scandinavian languages, they also have some nazar dances at the mini disco which are pretty catchy, i've seen reviews about the mini disco before but its totally changed since the new boss moved into town, a change from previous years is that the kids are on floor and not on the stage. As for aqua fantasy itself, its big but once you've gotten lost a few times you'll soon find your way around, our room was awesome situated over the adults only pool, and at night all you can hear is the pool and the grasshoppers. The food was great, although we struggled at breakfast time until i found the porridge. My little lad didn't like the food but even there your catered for, the mini buffet situated in the oasis resteraunt from 6.30pm serves pizza and spaghetti and stuff, presided over by the staff from croco and a beautiful turkish girl with a lovely smile, its plain to see she loves the kids she's always smiling, and although her english isn't so good, she will try to make conversation, we loved her. The staff are efficent and busy, usually if you smile and say hello, they will smile and say hello back, a couple of times i tried to ask a question and they didn't quite understand, and i've had members of staff call about three other members of staff to try a deal with my problem. I don't know what else to say, i have no complaints really just a fab time had by us both and love to sandra, donna and naomi

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank skintstudentCoventry
stoke
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Hotel: Very large, low-rise, palm tree-garden type, many pools and sporting facilities, spa, stables, bowling alley etc.

Room: Furnished much like any 4* family hotel room in UK but children's' sleeping area partitioned-off with shutters.

Style: Families with children. Full program of activities during the day, lively entertainment in the evening.

Location: Several miles from town in bay between tree-lined mountains and exclusive beach. Isolated and self-contained; if you want a town / nightlife this is not the place for you. However very convenient for Ephesus & Adaland.

Staff: Very friendly and helpful, hard-working. Fluent in English.

Food: Abundant and fresh and with a diverse choice designed for pan-European appeal. Queuing at the buffet? No, we found we could just go up and get what ever you wanted. Different theme each night. In addition, short-order cooks prepare freshly at the counter - but even this was only brief waiting. Tables always available. If you want a formal sit down dinner at one of the 5 international al a carte restaurants, it's an extra £8 a head, but we were happy with the two buffet restaurants. My young daughter is a very fussy eater but we had no problems feeding her.

Drink: Easy to get a drink in the afternoon/ early evening at any of 11 bars. Ask for reki on ice they'll give you loads. Aqua Fantasy is a family-orientated hotel, the terms of their AI doesn't make it easy for Brits to sink gallons of beer into the early hours whilst their kids run wild - and I don't blame them.

Evening entertainment: At the amphitheatre near the beach. Well rehearsed and enthusiastic shows.

Illness? We ate a very wide range from the buffet; we stocked up our room/airport supplies from the free water/squash at the coolers. We spent a great deal of time in all the pools. None of us had any health issues. I've been on holidays before where I've got ill (or one of the children) - it happens. I don't think you can blame the hotel.

Sun-beds: For each of the pools we arrived at different times in the day and we always found a couple of sun-beds together.

All-Inclusive: In the brochures you can find more expensive AI holidays that offer more comprehensive terms, but Aqua Fantasy was more than adequate. The only thing I paid for was a pony ride for my daughter (the ponies are lead across a brook onto an adjacent beach away from the bathers and cleaned up after). Ice-creams only provided at 1-2pm (sometimes 12.30 to 2.30pm) but there was so much food available all day that my kids were entirely happy with this. I agree that it's possible to spend a lot of money at AF, but it's not compulsory!

Aqua Park: A bonus; we didn't need it as there are so many other swimming options. Accessed through a gate near one of the main pools. All-inclusive doesn't apply here but you've only to walk back through the gate if you want a drink at the pool-bar

Excursions:
On the map it looks as if you can walk to Adaland. You can't! It's near the top of an adjacent mountain. We booked Dolphin-Park at Adaland through 1st Choice Rep. An excellent Turkish guide arrives at reception and finds his coach party and looks after you. The 'Swim with Dolphins' program is first-class. Free-buses run back to the hotel.

1 Thank StaffsTerrier
midlands
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Just arrived back (8th sept 09)........what can i say except fantastic!!!
We were a family of 4....2 adults....2 children 10, 13 yrs.
We only booked a week before coming out......and after booking i started to read the reviews and started to get a bit worried.....with people saying they, or there children were ill......all i can say is it must have been sun stroke....as it was very hot out there mid 30's, i was very happy with my room...very clean...clean towels when needed....clean bedding once a week, or when requested.....shampo's, condition's, shower gel's, coffee making facilitys.....the one thing i will say....there's a mini bar in your room....we didnt use it (had it locked) as it was exspensive.
The food........i normaly lose weight when on all inclusive as i dont like trhe food.....not this time!!! we ate what ever the cheif was cooking in front of us....the fish....carnt discibe except yum.....they did chicken kab's (not like what you get here..all fresh chickern)....sunday roast's you name it it was there!!
Aqua park my husband and myeslf only did it once, but the kids did it a few times with friends they meet out there.
The night time entertainment was okay....great for kids! but if you didnt fancy that there were plenty of places for you to go and have quite drink some where else....as there were about 3 different bar's.
We didnt go out of the hotel as we only had a week, but did here that the markets were good.
All in all a fab time and looking to go back with the family and mother and father next August for two weeks!!

ireland
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Myself, husband and kids aged11years and 8 went to aquapark resort on the 23aug and back this morn 6th sept had a great time and would go and tell people to go there great for kids. we couldn't get them out of the pool . the waterpark on your door step brill you can go back and forward as offen as you like. weather brill very hot. the hotel staff very friendly they couldn't do enough for you. the oasis rest very good staff you can't meet a nicer bunch of people. when people write reviews and don't know what the hell they are talking about. i can't fine any faults with the hotel or the staff. i could be here all day doing the great stuff about the place. you have to go and find out what i'm talking about. we will be booking again next year.

northumberland
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I travelled to this hotel with me family consisting of husband, 9 year old and 12 year old. I had many concerns after having read some of the reviews on this site. All I can say is that most of them are true but its up to you about whether or not you let little niggles spoil your holiday or not. The hotel I think is good value for money. I have been all inclusive to Mexico last year and have to say that this hotel didnt match that standard. Watch out for the beach!! They allow horse riding on the beach each day so as a result there is horse muck on the beach and most likely floating about in the water. It put me off for sure. Also, the shops in the hotel are very expensive. £2 for a newspaper. crisps etc very expensive. Water park is good although there is only so many times you can go down a slide!!. Wouldnt go back but had a good time.

1 Thank northumberlandmarg
tehran
Reviewed September 2, 2009

when you arrive early at hotel, you must wait untill 2:00 pm to go to your room.the reception staff are not fluent in English that is why they take attitude with you when ever they don't quite understand your request .We requested a sea view room and instead they gave us a room very close to the road with no view at all. We had to listen to cars and buses' noises in the middle of night.I requested to speak to manager at reception and I've been told there is no manager at the moment.I didn't like the staff behavour. at the meal time they were all angry, tired and in a big rush. they make lots of noise with dishes at the time of table cleaning. they are very amature in the field of customer service. they have a long way to go and learn the type of service a customer expect in a five star hotel. Wish them luck

1 Thank kian8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Paloma Pasha Resort
#1 of 11 in Ozdere
Richmond Ephesus Resort
Labranda Ephesus Princess

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!