“Amazing”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Well what can I say this place is amazing!! I got married here on the 19th of July this year.. Anyone that knows me knows I'm extremely fussy and hard to please. I have travelled all over the world and had reservations about getting married in turkey, but with 30 relatives many with young children I needed somewhere where the kids would be entertained and not a long flight. We stayed for two weeks in the newer side of the hotel. It was spotless , cleaned every day, every time you looked round someone was cleaning. even the pools, a child had an accident and they shut the pool for the rest of the day whilst it was cleaned properly!!! As for the wedding we got married at the end if the pier I couldn't have wished for a better location, it was decorated beautifully right from the club cart at the beginning right down to the bed at the end of the night!! The organisation of the whole thing was second to none a big thank you to all the staff that participated right from kathy the deputy manager to the guy that drove the club cart!! You have given us memories that we will never forget! Will be definatly returning again

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Tracybrown197
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Lee & Tracy,
Thank you so much for posting this amazing review! We are so happy that you chose the Aqua Fantasy for your wedding and that we were able to give you these memories.
Thank you for mentioning how special our staff made you feel, we all look forward to seeing you next year and making you feel special once again.
Kathy Nys

Write a ReviewReviews (2,439)

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I was travelling on this holiday with my husband, my parents and my 5 year old autistic son. We arrived very late into the hotel after a very long 2 and 1/2 hour transfer but were pleasantly surprised how quickly and efficiently we were checked in and directed to our rooms, our luggage followed within 5 minutes.

When starting to unpack I was very disappointed at how little storage there was for 3 people to put their clothes. We had approx 10 hangers and some shelving 1 of them taken up with the safe and another with spare bedding, there were some bedside units but without drawers so half of our clothes stayed packed.....

The reviews are true in the fact that this is a very busy hotel and the main restaurant is always busy for all meals, we found an early breakfast, lunch and dinner are recommended to get fresh hot food and a table indoors. The food was very varied and I am particularly picky with my food but always managed to find something!! They even did shepherds pie a few times with veg and Yorkshire puddings, it was a nice touch. There are a lot of ignorant foreigners who don't like the idea of queuing and will happily push to the front of any queue, don't be frightened to get them told!!

The aqua park was fab albeit we only went a few times and mainly stuck to the kids area and the wave pool but my son loved it. My husband ventured into the slides a few times and was disappointed on a few rides as you needed 2 people, not my idea of fun!! There was a lot of kids being refused into the rides too as you had to be a certain height and weight and the lifeguards were very strict!

The pools in the hotel were great, again very busy but get up early enough you could generally get a bed somewhere, we stuck to the same place near the children's slides, it was far enough away to not be too bothered by the loud entertainment but if you like that sort if thing there was loads going on.

You do get free towels and these can be changed daily if you wish and free ice cream is served once a day between 12.30 - 2.30!

One thing to watch out for, your room card acts as a credit card for any extras you wish to buy ie. bowling, ice cream, spa, additional a la carte restaurants and wifi. When you order anything you have to give your surname and sign for it, keep your receipts, I did have a Turkish bath and a few wifi days but when we came to check out my bill was approx 400 lire more than it should have been, the duty manager had to sift through all of his receipts to check my signature to make sure it wasn't ours!!! Somehow our card had been mixed up with someone else's, but our transfer bus was held up for 1/2 an hour while they did that, we got no apology for wasting our time!!!

Other than that we had a fabulous holiday and would definitely consider going back, we've actually priced for next year.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank KevandLinz

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your informative comments and appreciate all feedback. Thank you for highlighting the restaurants and the Aquapark. And yes, we do have our rules and regulations. We want to keep everybody safe.
I do apologize for any misunderstanding during your check-out.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our room was at the back of the hotel, round the back of the hotel is a stream that in
the high temperature stinks of sewage. We could not leave a window open at all during our stay as the stench was unbearable.
That said - the room itself was nice, clean and comfortable.

The main pool area was Greg, large, clean pool, always able
to get a sun lounger. Water sports were pricey. The beach is
ok and has it's own pier which is lovely at night.

The water park is brilliant and as you have unlimited access with your all inclusive stay here it really makes up for some of the other failings of the hotel.

Those failings primarily being:
1. Food is a bit repetitive
2. It wasn't made clear to us that we had to book our 1 free a la carte option at the start of the holiday and they were not accommodating at all in trying to get us our a la carte option... Which is very poor customer service to be honest.
3. I did get sickness and diarrheah during my stay, it only lasted 24 hours but made me not trust any of the buffet sea food options. For the rest of the holiday i stuck with chips, cheese and bread, I am a man who likes food of all types so it was a bit of a spirit dampener for me.

All in all I would have been delighted with the hotel had it been billed as 3 or 4* and I paid £400 rather than £750 for 7 nights. But at £750 I expected the hotel and all inclusive deal to pack as much of a punch as the aquafantasy water park.

I did enjoy my stay but it wasn't perfect.

Key point is to do something about that stream at the back stinking of sewage in hot weather. It really is unbearable.

My advise to anyone going is that if you can get a cheap late deal here then it is worth it but their are better options out there for the standard price. Bare in mind the main attraction 'aqua fantasy' is open to the public and you can have a day out here anyway.

Thanks

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank SeanSp

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your informative comments and appreciate all feedback. We are happy to read you have enjoyed the Hotel grounds and the Aqua park.
I am sorry to hear you felt poorly for a while.
I appreciate you have pointed some issues out to us, we will take these in consideration.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.
We all thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back in future.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just returned from our 2nd visit to Aquafantasy, and we had an amazing time. The hotel was immaculate - it is constantly cleaned all day long (but the staff are almost seem invisible), the rooms are comfortable and clean (not massive but ok), and the restaurants have a reasonable amount of variety. Being a repeat visitor we got an extra free visit to one of the additional a la carte restaurants - we used the Chinese (which is always busy) and Italian - Turkish and seafood also available. We need to make a special mention for the entertainment team who really made the holiday for us - Killer Darts professional Jack, water polo man James, and teen club leader Tarzan (who the kids thought was fab). Loads of pools, including a lovely quiet adults only pool, which we stole a few hours beside whilst kids went off with friends, and of course it's right on a private beach where you can do various water sports and see loads of fish. Also the massive watermark is immense and all included so the kids could go as many times as they wanted. Hotel felt very safe, so much so that we felt the kids were fine to wander around with friends on an evening without us. It's a short and cheap bus ride into Kusadasi where you go to the Wednesday market to buy your genuine fakes of all the current favorite clothing ranges e.g Hollister, Superdry which as the Turks say are "cheaper than shoplifting"!! (haggling is fun and expected). Would definitely recommend this place to any family

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank WhettonFamily

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for these beautiful, warm words. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and we are glad to know that we were able to fulfill all your expectations.
Thank you for highlighting some of our animation team, very much appreciated.
We also want to thank you for noticing everything we are doing to keep our guests safe.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We travelled to Aqua fantasy in May 2014 as a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 small children aged 5 and 3) and honestly had the most fantastic time.

The hotel is made up of 2 main buildings (World and Club) the world side is newer in décor with the club rooms being more traditional. We stayed at the World side, our room wasn't huge, probably comparable to a family 'premier travel inn' room, we had sliding doors which separated the childrens sleeping are from our own which was helpful. There was a good amount of storage space, 2 televisions, a very comfortable king size bed, a sofa bed and a single bed. The bathroom was compact but nicely decorated and in good condition.

The hotel gardens were beautiful and well maintained with a team of gardeners on site most of the time we were there. Its hard to describe the layout of the resort as it was pretty huge, made up of about 5 or 6 pools (not counting the waterpark) each with its own sun-lounger area surrounded by gardens. Some of the garden areas had hammocks strung up in the trees. The pools were lovely (slightly chilly but it was May). Our children loved the pool with the 3 little water slides in the best, it was only tummy deep on my 3 year old so warmed up nicely in the sun!

The beach was always pretty empty when we were there but again it was clean and well maintained with a good number of sunloungers. The sand was amazing and turned you gold and glittery which was surreal. There were some guys offering watersports like banana boating, parasailing and jet skiing which you had to pay for but you could take the pedalos out for free.

There were 2 main buffett restaurants (Called something like Oasis and Tropicano) one at each of the main hotel buildings, they had indoor and outdoor seating. We ate at the Club side every meal except the first as we really preferred it, although it was the same food at both sides the layout of the club side was much nicer and the children enjoyed sitting next to the little pond area
watching the turtles. #

The food was absolutely wonderful and really exceeded our expectations, every night there was different things on offer, there must have been a choice of over 50 things every evening, I think the appetisers and desserts were my favourite parts. The breakfast was lovely again with loads of choice. For lunch we tended to eat at one of the snack bars, mainly Flamingo which is near the beach at the far right of the resort as you face the sea. They served freshly made pizzas which were so tasty (and I don't even really like pizza!) burgers, hot dogs, pasta Bolognese and fresh Turkish kebabs - One point about the kebabs is the when they slice the chicken it looks as though it is raw which really put some people off, what they didn't realise is that the meat they slice falls onto a hot plate where it rotates further to cook fully before they serve it up in freshly cooked pitta bread with salad and sauces of your choice. They were the nicest things I have ever eaten!! The snack bar at the Club side also serves the above but instead of kebabs they have rotisserie (sp) chicken. Mid afternoon the snack bars serve fresh waffles with chocolate sauce.

We didn't get involved with the kids club as our youngest was too young but there seemed to be a lot on offer. Similarly the evening entertainment started a bit late (9pm) for our kids to stay up for much of it but it looked pretty varied.

The drinks are local brands but were all a good quality.

The ONLY downside for us was a large extended family group that stayed at the same time that we were there who caused problems for lots of the guests. They were constantly hammered and disruptive, as they came to sit by the pool everyone else moved!! They stumbled back to their rooms at 3/4am with their young kids in tow and woke everyone up. Hopefully they were just an exception to the rule as everyone else seemed lovely. Just think with all inc you run that risk of people coming purely to drink their own body weight in alcohol.

That said however we will definitely return and have recommended this place to lots of friends!

Room Tip: Think they are all nice to be honest. Just ask for one with sliding door if you have children.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Laura H

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a detailed review. The way you have described everything means a lot to us and to our future guests.
We are very happy with the comments about our restaurant. We have a huge kitchen team doing their best to cater for all nationalities. We do get a lot of great feedback from many of our guests.
I am sorry to here about the inconveniences you must have had concerning that family group. Some people just don’t care.

In the name of the Aqua Fantasy Team i want to thank you again! We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

There was 11 of us on a family holiday aged 4-74! There was plenty to do, the food is amazing & so much choice, even the fussiest of kids found something they liked. Beds were soooo comfy. They keep the place spotlessly clean. Although sunbeds get reserved quickly we still managed to find spaces. Selection of pools is great, beach is lovely especially with the beach bar there. Pedalo's & kayaks are free & life jackets are provided, all other water sports eg jet ski you have to pay for. Book your place in an a la carte restaurant early as they get busy quickly. Waterpark is great just avoid at wk ends as it gets really busy. Drs on site were great too, had to use them twice. Planet Yucca restaurant was a good evening out & we did the family cruise day trip. Definitely recommend this place & I have no doubt we will be returning.

Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank wrightlinz

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire Aqua Fantasy Team thank you very much for these wonderful compliments and your recommandation. We are very pleased that we could meet all your expectations and we are delighted with your comments!
Please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday!.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel runs an aquapark which is free for hotel residents. The aquapark has quite a bit attractions but the attractive ones has very long ques (40-45 minutes).
Food is not satisfactory. The secondary restaurant has too many flies which makes you crazy. We had family room which was large enough.
Benelux visitors were dominant during our visit.
My daughter love the aquapark.
Overall money for performance was okay for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RecepBaybar

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write something on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed the Hotel overall.
We all thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back in future.
Kathy Nys

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Richmond Ephesus Resort
Rebetika Hotel
Rebetika Hotel
#11 of 32 in Selcuk

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!