“great place and great entertainment. ..”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“great place and great entertainment. ..”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ok this was our 1st time to this hotel we went with family that had been before. And my 1st impression of the hotel were very clean and tidy, we were there for 2weeks stay and must say the staff at the hotel are very friendly although the receptionists not to knowledgeable but guests relations helped out, the food was very good and the à la carte was very good, the entertainment team were very good and a big thanks to jack sparrow, gemma, james, simon, sausage and jerry for all the fun and games, also the water sports on the beach where very good and enjoyed getting dragged behind the boat even tho some times im sure they were trying there best to make us fall off, lol. The water park was good but like most people say the queues for some of the rides were very long would be nice if all the rides opened at 9,
while there also went to the markets in the towns and did try the planet yucca again could not fault the sevice recived from them free transport to them and then back even alowed to go shopping.
but overall very good holiday.

1 Thank Allan M
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your stay. . I am also happy to read that the efforts of our staff in every department were highly appreciated.
Thank you once again and we hope to meet you again next year!
Kathy Nys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Landskrona
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was our second visit to Aquafantasy, first visit in June last year. I think that the fact that we return directly is a good a sign as any.... My husband, nephew aged 13 and me spent two weeks here in the World part of the hotel, larger family room with dividing doors. Due to a strike at Copenhagen airport we were 3-4 hours late and arrived at 5 AM in the morning, but the check in was very quick and efficient. Hotel staff helped us carry luggage to room directly! Perfect! As we where here last year, we knew a little which part of the hotel we wanted to stay at and had contacted the front desk about it. They very efficiently obliged and we had an even nicer location of our room than last year.

This is a perfect hotel for families with children all ages. They arrange a lot of activities for all ages. The animation team is great and hard working! My nephew took part, daily, in the Chill out club under the supervision of NAZAR our Nordic travel agent. He loved it, so much that we hardly saw him!

I have a long review from last year, nothing have changed from that with the satisfaction I have with the hotel, but there are a few changes. The newspaper doesn't come anymore. It is broadcasted on the TV, which would work fine if it wasn't for two things; a/ Sometimes the tv-set doesn't work very well and b/ They don't change the programme until about 11 AM. That means that the mornings activities are yesterdays. For me wanting to take part in the yoga that was a bit confusing the first few days. So a suggestion for improvement would be to have two newsletters or update the newsletter earlier in the day.

Another change was the evening shows. Last year the shows were grander, this year they had changed the format. No more circuses or shaolin munks. It was mostly animation team (luckily the FANTASTIC fire show and its fire works was on the programme) internal shows. My nephew loved it - we not as much. The children's shows are great and Auntie Sandra still does an amazing job. How she can remember all those names, I cannot understand! But there were smaller entertainment, like the very good guy with his guitar and oldies night in the Beach Bar.

The pools are still fantastic, we actually didn't make it to the water park this year, due to the fact that Nazar went there with the kids. So, much more time spend at the adults pool! This is perfect: A quiet pool, no one under 18 allowed, even though a few got through the net, no music, a nice bar and plenty of sunchairs and parasols. Good size pool too, it was!

Always very clean and neat; Toilets cleaned around pools and in the public areas. Drinks cleared away around the pool almost hourly. Plenty of sun chairs. Of course, many are taken early, but if you get there before 9 AM you will find good sets. You do not have to jump out of bed at the break of down to get a place by the pool :-)

Also, the food is good here. Always things to choose from. Even though it isn't French cuisine, the food is generally plentiful and well presented. What would be nice for the kids were if they could have ice cream as a dessert option in the evenings.

Would I go with a family again? Definitely! Would I go with my husband again? Maybe. This hotel has so much to offer that a couple can enjoy this place too. Especially with the adults pool on the map you can get the peace and quiet you won't have around some of the other pools.

Room Tip: Get a room on 2nd or 3rd floor to get more privacy!
2 Thank NillaJ
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a fabulous review about your recent stay here at Aqua Fantasy. I’m thrilled to read that you enjoyed our layout and ambience and happy to read that the efforts of our staff were highly appreciated.
I appreciate you have pointed some issues out to us, we will take these in consideration.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.
Alkmaar, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We spent 10 days at the Aquafantasy hotel and I want to write a honest review about my experience in this hotel.
I travelled with my husband, my mother and 3 kids, 14 years, 12 years and 19 months.
I want to keep it as short as possible so I will write a list of the positive and negative aspects,starting with the positive ones:

the garden in beautiful
the weather was perfect
there is plenty to do for the kids
all the swimming pools have a safety gate for small kids
there are enough slides and games to do for kids of any age
there are always free beds by the swimming pool
the animation team is present but not pushy
the entertainment in the evening is good
there is enough choice of food at the buffet
there is a kid buffet
the miniclub looks fantastic and the girls working there do an excellent job , we did not use it but I observed them because I was often with my toddler in the swimming pool near the club
the place is so big that it never feels crowded.

Negative aspects:
Even if they are always busy cleaning the floor and the garden and the place looks clean the machines for the coffee or the drinks were dirty, they were not well taken care of.
the quality of the food is very average. Not a 5 star.
the restaurant opens at 12.30 which was a problem with a toddler awake since 6 and in need of a nap.
the airco system works in a horrible way and you can either freeze or cook in the rooms that were really really hot.
we were in the room 1254 and we were close to evertyhing but we were kept awake till 2.00 in the morning from the loud music on the beach. if we closed the window and we started the terrible airco, the room was a freezer. we all came back with a cold.
even if we were our from 8 to 12 in the morning the room was never done when we came back and the roommaid was always coming by around the nap time so we had to ask her to come back later. two days the room was not done at all.
the foldable bed broke and when we asked for a new one (and got it) it broke again, our son had to sleep with the mattrass on the floor.
last but not least, but not Hotel's responsability, the flight was 2 hours late on the way to Turkey AND on the way home, we were NOT happy with Arke service.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep don't take a room in the builing with 1254 because you will be kept awake b...
1 Thank Silvana_I_12_12
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read you had a fab holiday and have enjoyed the pools, the entertainment, our food and our grounds.
I am sorry to read of some issues you had in your room. For your information and for our future guests, we have a Guest relation department at your service for anything you need. All of our staff work extremely hard to make sure all our guests are having a great time.
uk
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant place for a family holiday. We have 2 girls, aged 9 and 3 and this resort suited us perfectly.

Room: we had a family suite in the club (older) side where the accomodation is arranged in multiple buildings. It was PERFECT for us. 2 completely separate bedrooms, bathroom and 3 balconies on the ground floor. A lot of space for the price and we were really happy. This room 1606 was also perfectly placed near a pool but quiet and couldn't have been better location wise. Mini-bar prices ok and bottle of water every day. Kettle, tea, hair dryer all there.

Pools: we loved the quieter pool with swim up bar next to the flamingo restaurant. Kids so happy there and right next to the hotel entrance to the water park, so can nip in and out for rides if you want to stay in the hotel.
There was a great pool with slides for the kids in the hotel as well with v helpful lifeguards to help out little one on and off so I could just stay at the bottom!
Towels for pool as beach can be got from spa or towel reception near beach bar. Don't lose them or they will charge you. Can swap for clean ones as often as you like.

Beach: great beach. Raked every morning and really clean. Shallow for a long way out so perfect for kids. Pedalo and canoe for free, rest of water sports chargeable but prices ok. Comfy sunbeds on beach too and beach bar great. The sand really does look like it has gold in it and in the water was described as the "goldschlager" effect by hubbie and it's true. Really pretty. Is however a bugger to get off, highly recommend the dry off and use talc trick.

Food and drink:

As mentioned previously, the all inclusive policy doesn't include everything. For us, this wasn't a problem and we were happy to pay for the odd ice cream etc. Prices not bad. The local brand drinks ok too and plenty of free soft options. Our eldest only really likes fresh juice (yup, spoiled) which was extra in the mornings at breakfast so an occ treat. She did however love the yoghurt and water drinks that looks like milk in the dispensers, so prob worth a try.

We ate mostly in the tropicana restaurant. It seemed bigger than the oasis one and really nice outdoor space. The food surprised me as didn't have high hopes reading some of the reviews but for most meals there were some really lovely options. The whole grilled BBQ fish and rotisserie chickens being my favourite. The Turkish food was lovely too. Worth scouting around all the areas as some of it is easily missed.

We ate in the chinese as our a la carte meal and that was prob my least favourite. Food not great TBH. A bit "1980's sharwoods out of a packet" but the staff were lovely and nice to have table service rather than having to get up.
Prob would have been v disappointed if had paid €25 each for it as extra.

Spa: I treated myself to a very luxurious 2 hour package in the spa and loved every second. The exfoliation treatment was the best I have ever had anywhere in the world and the massage was brilliant. The spa itself is gorgeous and the staff lovely. Not too badly priced. Paper knickers provided!
My eldest and I had the hammam treatment together. That was great too.

Money:

We took Turkish lire, they also accept euros and prices quoted in both. Got caught out by the luggage trolleys at bodrum airport needing TL coins so if you have any, take them.

The hotel room key card doubles as a payment card. There is a limit of 500 TL on it. We didn't read the literature from first choice which clearly states this, so was entirely out fault when we got Into the waterpark and were unable to buy anything. They wouldn't accept cash (not sure why and never became clear). So if you book big things on card, worth paying that off at reception soon after to ensure no probs like that.

Waterpark: basically on site. Entrance for hotel guests near flamingo restaurant. My girls loved it, the kids pool with pirate ship was awesome and the big rides fab. Worth nipping in at 1030 when it opens to hotel guests only for half an hour to go on the big rides before the queues start. Wave pool great too. Waves starting sounded by a loud foghorn noise!
Can easily nip back for an all inclusive lunch at the snack bar under the flamingo restaurant if you don't want to pay in the park.

Gadgets:

We had Vodafone euro traveller on our phones so could use our own data etc freely for £2 per day as if in the UK. 3G reception everywhere. Free wifi only in the hotspot above tropicana restaurant. Used €2 per day wifi once. Log in with room no and passport number.

Health:

It took me 14 years to return to turkey after getting very ill and requiring iv fluids last time I was here (writing this on bus back) and so very glad I tried again. This hotel was really great. The staff were friendly and helpful and none of us got ill. Being doctors we had brought every medicine that we could possibly need and needed NONE of it. Yippppeeeee. There is a doctor on site though which was reassuring after my last Turkish adventure. The restaurant was really clean, hand gel everywhere and you could see that the welfare of guests was important.

I would book here to go again tomorrow and indeed may come back with friends next year. We all loved it, were never bored, the kids had a blast. We didn't use the kids clubs but the nightly kids disco went down well.

If you want a family friendly, very comfortable with moments of luxury (the spa) holiday that isn't too far from the UK with gorgeous weather, this would suit you down to the ground.

Stayed July 2014
9 Thank drstef
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a detailed review. As i just mentioned in my previous answer. It is so precious to us to know, how much our hard work and the efforts of our staff are appreciated by so many guests.
Thank you for describing all facilities so clearly, i couldn’t have done it beter myself.
Your lovely comments about our food, our team and service gives us motivation for the future and the entire team looks forward to your return visit.

I want to personally thank you and in the name of our staff and management for your nice comments. We look forward to seeing you back next year.
Please let our guest relations team know about your future holiday arrangements

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hello everyone,

This is the first review I've ever written (yep, the wrapper is now off!) so if it's a bit clumsy, (and wordy) I'll apologise in advance.

We stayed at the Aqua Fantasy Hotel & Spa resort from 30 June for two weeks and I have to say we had the greatest family holiday we've every had. (The reason I was compelled to write this review).

I really can't praise this resort too highly.

We've never stayed anywhere abroad that's been so clean - I read one review where the person was complaining that there are too many cleaners....er.... what!?!?
The cleaners do an incredible job, their hard work allowed our children to pretty much run around for two weeks without the need for shoes (which our 5 year old girl loved!) and not only that, they keep creepie crawlies away because there's nothing to attract them... too many cleaners my eye! I really don't understand the mentality of some reviewers.
Next there'll be complaints about too much beer available on the all inclusive package!

I have to admit, with all-inclusive, you often run the gauntlet a bit with quality versus availability but again Aqua Fantasy delivered with a staggering amount of fresh food every day - fresh kebabs and noodles every lunchtime were a huge hit, fresh omelettes / pancakes / crepes every morning and any number of pastries, with fresh meat / fish / pasta every night... I could go on!
This is one place where you definitely won't go hungry - the kitchen / catering staff do an incredible job.

Ice cream is only available as part of the all-inclusive package for 2 hours a day and while I originally thought we would miss this compared to previous years in Spain etc, we found that the ice-cream was of infinitely better quality from other resorts (not the potted, half melted, mush you often get but real Carte D'or ice-cream...yummy) and because you can pretty much eat from the moment you get up to the time you go to sleep, we really didn't miss the normal deluge of ice-cream that comes with being on an all-inclusive holiday!
The reduced availability meant it actually became a treat to look forward to (as it would be at home) which I found I preferred and I have to say, neither of our kids (8 and 5) complained - they genuinely didn't miss it and grew to look forward to the treat.

The rooms in the hotel were nothing short of excellent (we had a standard family room) which was faultless - the air-con was an absolute godsend and again it was FREE - I had expected and was completely prepared to pay for this luxury. A nice touch was a 2L bottle of water every day in the room - very handy for night-time etc.
There was a mini-bar in the room and although we didn't raid it, the prices were no more expensive than the bar would have been, had we had to pay.

Our room had two flat screen HD TV's in it (one in each bedroom, which is standard for the hotel) and many of the channels provide English as an option (with some fiddling and a little guess-work!) - I got to watch Turbo one evening... (clearly it's the simple things...!)

The Aquapark is awesome!!! Some of the people on Trip-Advisor go on about it being small with huge queues - but compared to what?!?! In the two weeks we were there, the queues sometimes looked long but they are all fast moving and not only that - where do you ever go nowadays where you don't have to queue? This isn't the 1950's.

We booked our holiday through First Choice and found them to be excellent. Admittedly we didn't have any major issues but the one we did have was sorted immediately and with no fuss whatsoever. There was a mix-up with the transfers where we paid for a taxi (2 hours from Bodrum each way!) and when we got there, there was no transfer booked at all - either to the hotel or back to the airport at the end of the holiday. Danielle (the rep at the airport) had us in a taxi within 5 minutes of being presented with the problem and likewise, Pippa at the resort had a taxi waiting to take us back to the airport at the end of the holiday. (Unfortunately, this arrived on the right day - a week later would have been ideal!).

The childrens' entertainment was excellent throughout the holiday with three separate kids clubs (morning, afternoon and evening) and then the entertainment / animation / mini-disco at night.
Our kids only went to the Kids Club a couple of days because there was so much other stuff to do in the complex.
The notable highlight of the entertainment was the 'Smurfs' family animation show - it was outstanding and thoroughly enjoyed by the whole audience. The entertainment team work incredibly hard and how they remember all the kids names is just witchcraft as far as I'm concerned!

First choice offer a selection of excursions leaving directly from the hotel and we went on the Family Cruise - this was incredibly enjoyable and was a really relaxed day - it served as a great change of scenery for us all. On this cruise, both our son and daughter fell in love with Shannon the First Choice rep who went on the cruise with us! They are hoping she is there when they go back next year!!

One thing we did like was that there was a 'swap-box' in the First Choice office - which allowed people to leave and make use of all kinds of weird and wonderful stuff. A simple thing, but a really good idea.

I could go on, but if I write much more, I'll probably get a nose bleed!
This hotel and resort is as the title of this review suggests, worth every single penny you will spend on it and the testament to that is the number of people who go back to it more than once.

We will certainly be back and I for one can't wait.

15 Thank cjddadx2
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for such a detailed review. You have written a fantastic one for your first time? I cannot thank you enough for praising our Hotel the way you have.
Your experience and the way you discribed everything from the Hotel is a huge plus for all our future guests who are following us here on tripadvisor.
We are so happy that all our efforts are appreciated by our guests. This gives us great motivation for the future.
In the name of the Aqua Fantasy Team i want to thank you again! We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Gorgan, Iran
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Me and my friend and our families were in aquafantasy for one week. that was our 3rd time in that hotel and again everything were great and lovely. Our children were very happy there and aquapark was amazing. Food was OK but a little repetitive. One of the waiters , named" Murat Bacinoglu" I think, is a very kind and polite person. That was a good vacation and we will come back again next years.

Room Tip: Rooms at main building and VIP suites
2 Thank Saman G
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for your short and motivating moment. It is so nice to hear you had a great holiday. For our guests following us on tripadvisor, don’t forget that we offer Prestige cards for our return visitors.

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Well we arrived back in the uk last night at 7pm and this afternoon we have been in and rebooked for next year. This will be our third visit to Aqua Fantasy and we cannot wait.
3 years ago we visited for 11 nights and this time we went for 14 as we loved it so much and we were not disappointed.
We flew into bodrum as couldn't get decent flights to Izmir and although the transfer was long it wasn't yo bad and we did have a comfort stop on the way at beautiful Batha Lake. We had previously emailed the hotel asking for a room on the second floor on World side over looking one of the pools but when we got there we had been put in one of the rooms overlooking the "stream" at the back and for those who have never stayed here befor... It stinks. We went straight back to reception and they moved us no quibble to another room overlooking the pond by the Irish bar and this was lovely.
As before the hotel and grounds were spotless and the staff were lovely we made good friends with our maid and she would make boats on the children's beds from their sheets for them and put my youngest sons teddy to bed for him.
We spent most of our time by the Fontana pool as we made friends with a group of others and our children were more than happy splashing about. They went to kids club a few times and my eldest who is 12 became a regular at football training with Messi. We would break up the day by going over to the water park for a couple of hours, or to the beach for the pedalos.
We went into kusadasi by dolmas on the Wednesday to the market, however this was a lot smaller than the last time we went, but we got some great bargains and came back with 9 football strips from all over the world for 235 TL (about £65).
We did a couple of excursions, one one the lazy day cruise (£87 for the 4 of us) this was a full day out all inclusive food and drink with 3 stops for swimming and jumping off the boat. We loved this although the water slide built onto the boat gave me a slight case of whiplash it was so fierce lol. The other trip we did was to the dolphin show and this was wonderful. I got to stroke a sealion :) I would have liked to swim with the dolphins but at 300TL it wasn't something I'd budgeted for but will definitely do next year.
We went to Planet yukka this time and that was well worth it as they also take you to and from kusadasi which is normally 35TL each way and you are able to go mooching around the shops afterwards too. The food was lovely.
You get a visit to one of the ala carte restaurants per visit and we went to the steakhouse as couldn't get into the Chinese but I'm so glad that we did as the food was fantastic and the small amount we had to pay was well worth it. Cesim was our waiter and he really interacted with our boys. It was a lovely evening.
Onto the entertainment.... It is what you make it. Some people don't take to Simon Sez but we loved him and some of the things he and the entertainment team did were hilarious. They work such long hours and are always smiling. We loved Jack Sparrow and were regulars at Krazy darts and the other poolside games that were held. They would start at 9:30 ish and would still be going at 11pm or later. The evening entertainment was family orientated and something's were not to our taste, but that was not an issue as there were loads of other options, however some of the shows and games were fantastic, especially the Michael Jackson tribute. The food was lovely, to be honest at the end of 2 weeks I was fed up of eating lol.
If I had to make any negative comments, it would be about the rudeness of some of the guests especially from other countries and didn't think twice about barging in front of you in queues or pushing past the children and also in the busier periods it is sometimes hard to get a sunbed. The first week we were there there were no problems, but into the second week there was an influx of guests and beds were being reserved really early.
Anyway these are very minor issues and we loved our holiday so much we've booked to go again.
Ps just a small tip, you don't need to fill your suitcases with towels as there is a towel service provided, so save your space in your luggage for you shopping bargains

Room Tip: World side is newer... don't over look the stream or have a room above the lobby bar as it can b...
7 Thank Kerry S
D ear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and your recommandation. We are very happy to hear you had a fantastic holiday!
We are happy to hear you liked the restaurants, the steak House and layout.
I am happy you mentioned our location being close to Kusadasi and that you went on some of the excursions. There is a lot to see around the Hotel.
Thank you for highlighting our entertainment. It means a lot to all of them.
We can’t wait to welcome you back next year!
Kathy Nys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Paloma Pasha Resort
#1 of 11 in Ozdere
Richmond Ephesus Resort
Labranda Ephesus Princess

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!