I feel that this complex is more suited to younger guests or families with children, and would definitely recommend it to them. For those people looking for a quiet getaway, I would suggest you look elsewhere.
The hotel and grounds are modern, clean and tidy and there are plenty of pools (22) to choose from. The aqua Fantasy water park is good, lots of slides, lazy river, wave pool, all the sort of things you would expect from a waterpark and there is an entrance to the waterpark from the hotel side. The complex itself is located in a valley with hills and one side leading straight onto the beach, not built up and very scenic but not close to anything, nearest shops are some 4 -5 miles away. However there are several attractions outside the complex within driving distance which are worth a visit, Ephesus ruins, turkish nights in Kusadasi and cotton terraces, to name a few. The evening activities in the complex were good and quite entertaining, visited 3 of the 5 in house restaurants (Chinese, Italian and turkish, for which there is a 20 lira per person charge) food was good and lots of it, but the most enjoyable thing about paying the extra and not choosing the all inclusive restaurants is that you avoid what can be best described as the 'cattle market'. The two main all inclusive restaurants which themselves are very well presented with a very good variety and quality of food are complete chaos, with people walking in all directions, and kids running around and fingering the food that is on offer. The evenings seem to be worse that the morning and lunchtimes for chaos. Also visited Planet Yucca at the entrance to the hotel and this was also good but a little more expensive as it is not connected with the hotel. I chose this time of the year to go on my holiday because I thought all the children would be back at school, however this was not the case, and there were many children at the resort of all ages. This caused some problems for me with kids running riot down the corridors late at night and banging on peoples room doors. The hotel also sells laser pens to kids at the evening shows and this can be very annoying, during the shows and also afterwards as they shine the lasers around at night and these can sometimes catch your eyes.
They do have an adult only pool which they police with a secuourity guard, and this does provide some peace and quiet for those looking to get away from the chaos.
My initial impression of the hotel staff was that they were very busy and uninterested, but if you took the time to talk to them they were very polite and helpful, you have to remember that they work extremely long hours often seven days a week for very little pay and have to put up with lots of unpolite and very demanding holidaymakers.
Personally, I would not consider going here again because I like a holiday where there is very little chaos and the environment for me to unwind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk