“Aqua Fantasy hotel & waterpark”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I feel that this complex is more suited to younger guests or families with children, and would definitely recommend it to them. For those people looking for a quiet getaway, I would suggest you look elsewhere.
The hotel and grounds are modern, clean and tidy and there are plenty of pools (22) to choose from. The aqua Fantasy water park is good, lots of slides, lazy river, wave pool, all the sort of things you would expect from a waterpark and there is an entrance to the waterpark from the hotel side. The complex itself is located in a valley with hills and one side leading straight onto the beach, not built up and very scenic but not close to anything, nearest shops are some 4 -5 miles away. However there are several attractions outside the complex within driving distance which are worth a visit, Ephesus ruins, turkish nights in Kusadasi and cotton terraces, to name a few. The evening activities in the complex were good and quite entertaining, visited 3 of the 5 in house restaurants (Chinese, Italian and turkish, for which there is a 20 lira per person charge) food was good and lots of it, but the most enjoyable thing about paying the extra and not choosing the all inclusive restaurants is that you avoid what can be best described as the 'cattle market'. The two main all inclusive restaurants which themselves are very well presented with a very good variety and quality of food are complete chaos, with people walking in all directions, and kids running around and fingering the food that is on offer. The evenings seem to be worse that the morning and lunchtimes for chaos. Also visited Planet Yucca at the entrance to the hotel and this was also good but a little more expensive as it is not connected with the hotel. I chose this time of the year to go on my holiday because I thought all the children would be back at school, however this was not the case, and there were many children at the resort of all ages. This caused some problems for me with kids running riot down the corridors late at night and banging on peoples room doors. The hotel also sells laser pens to kids at the evening shows and this can be very annoying, during the shows and also afterwards as they shine the lasers around at night and these can sometimes catch your eyes.
They do have an adult only pool which they police with a secuourity guard, and this does provide some peace and quiet for those looking to get away from the chaos.
My initial impression of the hotel staff was that they were very busy and uninterested, but if you took the time to talk to them they were very polite and helpful, you have to remember that they work extremely long hours often seven days a week for very little pay and have to put up with lots of unpolite and very demanding holidaymakers.
Personally, I would not consider going here again because I like a holiday where there is very little chaos and the environment for me to unwind.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jas068
Write a ReviewReviews (2,441)

Reviewed October 4, 2008

First choice - Last choice, never again!
Our flight was delayed leaving Gatwick and the plane was awful! It was tatty and old and we were all spilt up, we have a 3 year son who was sitting by himself!! We paid to have the in flight meals and when they never gave us them we were told that they didnt have any left.

Arriving at the hotel with about 5 other coach loads of people, check in was quite bad. We were issued with a 'splash card' credit card, for all the other extras that we were to incure. They tell you to leave your bags and they will be brought to your room, for a tip of course. They will eventually arrive about and hour later, which is not good when it is 2 in the morning.

We had a family room, which was ok, clean (apart from the carpet)and a good size. After a long trip we was very thirsty and there was a bottle of water on the side with glasses. We along with most people in the hotel thought that this was complimentary, as you cannot drink the the tap water. Dont be fooled this is part of the mini bar and you will be charged. The mini bar is expensive, 2pounds for a can of coke, 3 pounds for a beer, and 7.50 for a vodka, 2 pounds for crisps! The shops at the hotel are equally expensive. There are no shops outside the complex unless you go into town which is 20lira by taxi or 3.5lire by bus, each way.

There are only two resturants on the complex, which is ridiculass, very hard to get a table. It was like a cattle market trying to get the food, which was terrible and cold. Other nationalities do not know what a queue is! The staff are rude and ignorant, i think they pefer the Germans. Our first day we went for late breakfast as we didnt get to sleep till late. The late breakfast ends at 11, my 3 year old was still eating and they chucked us out of the resturant. Fresh orange juice is also extra at £1.50. We was not allowed to take any food or drink out of the resturant so my 3 year old didnt have much breakfast. If you do manage to smuggle out food be warned that if they find a plate in your room they will charge you £10 and a cup £5.

The all inclusive is a joke, the food finishes at 9.30 and you have to wait untill 12oclock for the soup kitchin like we were homeless. Soup was like water and you couldnt even get a drink of water with it. I asked them to fill my sons cup up for bedtime as he has a drink to sleep but they want 3pounds to do so.

The entertainment is rubbish, Turkish people must be easily pleased. At the kids disco they play the same 5 songs everynight. You have to use the splash card for ice cream 2pound each, waffles and candy floss. We brought an ice cream for our son and they didnt push the icecream in the cone properly and it fell on the floor. They charged us again for another one. The all inclusive finishes at 11.30, and everyone goes to the bar to get as many drinks in as possible. one night we had a couple of drinks left and the entertainment finished in that bar so we went to move to another bar they would not let us take our drinks with us, they just chucked them away. We went to the disco and they want 4.50for a small glass of cocktail, 3 pounds for a beer,7 for vodka. We just left and went to bed.

The snack bars in the day have they same food everyday. There are lots of flies landing on the food, it is not covered over and they do not have any fly zappers anywhere. The bars smell disgusting and the fruit juice is mixed with large water bottles which we think was tap water. My little boy had an orange juice and it smelt of poo.

The resort is plagued with wasps and massive big wasps and mosquitoes. I had extra strong insect repelliant with me and was still being attacked.

The pools were nice and there was plenty of sun beds. The water was freezing (sea is warmer) around the pools is quite dangerous (no lifeguards) as it is very slippery and had to be constantly watching my son. Do not leave toys or lilos etc when you move from your sunbed as people knick them. The water park ,i feel is dangerous. The lifeguards do not watch what is happening in the pools, they are too busy talking to each other. You get searched before you go in and i saw them take baby food off of some one. You have to use your splash card for the lockers and any food and drink in there. I do have my concerns about the cleanliness of the pool water, both me and my boy have ear infections.

There is no holiday spirit in this hotel, they closed bars early, and just felt like that they wanted to get you out so they could finish. It was all about what they could charge you extra for and how to get money out of you. 90% of the people there wanted to go home, and everyone was ill.

We was taken to the airport only to find out there was a 4hour delay. People were being sick and people running to the toilet. We was given a burger king at 2 in the morning when all the kids were asleep and most people had alreay brought meals which were £10 for a woopper meal, it cost us 10pounds for 3 drinks.

this was the first holiday i have booked with first choice and it will be the last. I cannot understand why first choice recommend this hotel when so many people complained. I am amazed at the good reviews on here regarding this hotel, it is definatly not a four star! it is like a 2 star in benidorm. I expect there will be many other negative reviews following mine on here.

I wouldnt go back to turkey, people are so unfriendly and rude. They drag you into their shop to buy rubbish that you can get cheaper in the uk then tell you to get out their shop followed by abuse.

There are better all inclusive packages out there in better locations, think twice before you book this one.

1  Thank emgems2012
Reviewed September 30, 2008

upon arrival we were given our wristbands and room cards and that was it,, no directions of how to get there or no one to point us which way to go, after hanging around for 10 mins trying to get someones attention we were finally poited in the right direction.
Suitcases arrived soon after and the person who brought them hung around for a tip, when you have had no sleep for 24 hours the last thing you want to be doing is looking around your bag for a tip, you just want sleep!!!
I wont drone on in this review just point out some factors..............
Hotel mini bar and shops very expensive, aqua park expensive (£4.50 for a can of coke!) yes you can walk back to the hotel but when your kids are pestering you constantly for a drink sometimes its easier to give in, i only made this mistake once!
We also got the sickness bug, we were a party of 6 and everyone of us got it in the whole 15 days of holiday my entire family spent only 4 days out the room!!!!
I was unfortunate enough to have to visit the doctor after slipping in the bathroom, he was very unhelpful and was more interested in my insurance than helping me.
Al a carte steak house restaurant one word of advice DONT BOTHER we had a meal here and our steaks got sent bk 3 times because they were dripping with blood, the waiter was very rude and we all got our starters main and deserts about 20 minutes apart from each other.
reception staff quite ignorant............ lobby bar generally tended to ignore the kids when they went for a drink.
Pools very cold...... beach was lovely the sea was very warm.
shows at night not worth going to as they were rubbish.
This is the most expenisve all inclusive holiday i have ever been on..... i have been to turkey many many times before and this is the first time i have experienced rudeness from the turks.
There were a lot of familys who had visited this hotel before and said this was the first year that it wasnt very good and that they wouldnt go bk again.
on the last day in the lobby bar an idiot caused a fight in front of a room full of kids(nice) all because a family man had asked him to not swear in front of the kids......this was fuelled by too much alcohol a total moron.
If you have already booked this hotel make the most of it......if your thinking of booking it look elsewhere!!!!!

1  Thank genem
Reviewed September 30, 2008

IF ONLY I HAD LISTEND
well what can i say i visited this site so many times to see the reviews on this hotel and there were some bad and good.i went to this hotel with my 4 children and partner for a week.the hotel had a sweage stream running through wich you could smell all day long so we all got into one room on the opposite side of the hall way.even though we had paid for the 2 rooms when asked if we could change rooms they wanted £187 to do so.the maids work hard to keep the place clean i dont have no complaints on them.
THE POOLS were frezing and you could not swim in them unless you knew you could swim in the artic.the children always wanted to use the indoor pool.which we did on many occasions.
THE FOOD was the same every day even if you went to the diffrent resturant it was just laid out diffrent after the 3rd day you got sick of it and my daughter got food poising it was the PASTA as she was the only who ate it and so she was sick for 2 days.
THE DRINKS well what can i say the drinks were all waterd down from the orange jucie to even the beer the alcohol was all waterd down to so we didnt even bother drinking it
THE SO CALLED ALL INCLUSIVE.IT IS NOT you only get 1 ice cream a day and that is for kids.after 11pm you pay for your drinks if you want to drink water you have to pay for that to.they do have a mini bar in your room wich should come as all inclusive price but no you have to pay £3 for a small choclate and £4 for a can of drink.
THE SHOPS they were only based in the hotel and were a rip of £2.50 a bag of crisp £2 FOR A lolly and if you wanted to buy a lilo you were going to pay £30-40.this was the only shop there appart from the haribo shop £18 for a small pick and mix bag.
THE RESORT once you are there that is it unless you want to travel on a bus or taxi or pay stuppid prices with you travel agent to watch paint dry.
THE WATER PARK was ok not as big as picture but you will get your bags serched when you go ther for any drink or snacks in your bag and god forbid if you have a hotel towel just because i also have white towels they thought they were theres.not.
THE STAFF work bloody hard from waiter to bar man to enternment host but a few just wanted to see what they could get out of you
all i can say about this DUMP is it is not a all inclusive hotel by far and the children will be bored with in 4 days.if you are thinking of going DONT re book some where else.i wont be going back and complaints forms have gone to first choice.

2  Thank honestEssex
Reviewed September 22, 2008

I always use this site to get info on places we go on holiday, so i thought i would write a review on our family holiday to Aqua Fantasy in Turkey.
Good points:-
The hotel looked lovely, and the Aqua park was fantastic fun. The staff were helpful, and the entertainment team were very good and funny (especially Borat :0) LOL!
They all work very hard especially the cleaners who were always smiling and our room was cleaned everyday with clean towels. One day there was even flowers on our bed...very pretty.
Bad points:-
There was we think a sickness and diohrrea bug going around when we were there which once you got it it was with you for the rest of the holiday on and off. We have been back now a week and we are only starting to feel better. My parner was violenlty sick and his son would not eat anything the second week, I would manage to eat a few chips one day then nothing the next and it was like this all the way through the second week. (we have never been ill on holiday before) this is the first holiday my partner and i have lost weight???
The food was not very good, and we had had enough by the second day.
Shops in hotel very expensive (£4 for a tube of pringles) also mini bar expensive...tip take a few bottles of water out the mini bar and fill them up in the reasturant for the rest of the holiday.
Night time entertainment not very good .
Rooms ok normal for holiday accomodation, apart from our room smelt damp and musky room 2336.
As a comment made before adults were sick in the pool and the pool was closed all afternoon to be cleaned. If adults want to act like that then maybe they should go to a adult only hotel not where ther are kids about also they nearly started fighting due to too much alcohol....how sad!!
Breakfast you have to pay for proper freshly squeezed orange juice which is a joke if you dont you are stuck with watered down squash. And breakfast staff were misurable!
cocktails are a bit hit and miss too.
Apart from all that it was a guaranteed hot sunny holiday and the sea is warmer then the pools. Probably would not go back and we would not recomend this hotel to friends and family we would rather pay a bit more to have nicer food and a choice of other resturants which you dont have to pay extra for.

Reviewed September 22, 2008

We usually go to Mexico to proper all inclusive resorts, which this is not, there are lots of extras that you have to pay for.
Mini bar - complete rip off
AI stops at 11pm - £4 for a beer after 11pm, yes you can get a few in if you start to queue at 10.15.
Ice cream - kids get it for an hour, but its basic stuff, they sell really nice ice cream but it costs.. we saw so many parents being nagged by their kids.
The holiday didn't start well, we had a kid that screamed non stop for 3 and a half hours only stopping as the plane came to land. She continued to scream for the rest of the week, we'd hear a scream turn around and sure enough it was her. Luckily we could escape to the adults only pool!
I wouldn't swim in the main pool as on day 2 a drunk was sick in it, day 4 a kid defecated in it and day 5 another drunk was sick in it.. they closed to pool 3 times to clean it but there was no way I'd risk picking up a bug from it.
The adults pool was nice but there were a family from 'Eastenders' on the ground floor and we had the delights of "I'll [--] kill him the [--]" at the top of their voices, security went over but it continued over the next few days, chav-tastic. We made sure we got there early so that we could sit the opposite end of the pool.
The entertainment was poor, bingo a rip off, we did like Darren's singing and the karaoke but it started just before you had to pay for your drinks. The kids karaoke started at 9.45!?
Things that we thought were ok, bedroom clean enough, grounds pretty, food average (soup was good) the barmen in the lobby bar were nice, the night barman was our pal and supplied us with ice. We met some nice people/ families, most used to seek sanctuary at the adults pool..
It was a break from work, we got a tan but my husband also got something else and has been sick for 5 days now, 2 before we left and the 3 days we've been back.
We'll be going back to Mexico next time.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alli_Gooch
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My holiday to aqua fantasy was brillant espacilly the animation team.The best animaters are Sema,Jack,Jingle,Borate,Toggi and Mizzi. you learn great dances and you have so much fun. I wish that i could of stayed but i carnt.

SEMA AND THE REST OF THE ANIMATION TEAM ARE BRILLEANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPEACILY SEMA, JACK, TOGGI,JINGLE,BORRAT AND MOZZI.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#29 of 156 in Kusadasi
Richmond Ephesus Resort

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!