“Brilliant family holiday”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Guernsey
“Brilliant family holiday”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a fortnight returning 26th October. We had a ground floor family room with a garden view, (world side) very peaceful. I would say that these rooms need updating a little. Also more storage space for clothes is required. My 5 year old daughter loved The Crocodile Kids Club, especially Sarah! I've never known such a brilliant kids club. My daughter would go 10-12 3-5 and 6:30-8:15 she loved it so much. We always watched the International kids disco held at the Ampitheatre at 8:30-9:15, Aunty Sandra is a ball of energy which the kids love. My daughter is already saving her pennies to return next year so thanks to all at Croco Kids Club, Aunty Sandra, Sarah, Ozzy and Ruby.

The Aquapark is brilliant fun. We mostly bathed around Treasure Island so that when my youngest daughter wasn't at kids club she could enjoy this kids area. There are so many different areas to bathe. Beware the water is cold...icy cold.....especially the lazy river (we called it the "idle river") if the water had not been so cold I do believe my daughter would not have spent so much time in kids club! Please note that to ride most slides at the park you need to be over 120cm in height, and some 140cm. The new ride which is open from 1pm - 5pm also has a weight restriction. It takes 2 riders at one time with a weight of between 120-180kg. Be prepared to wait a while inline for this ride, but it's worth it! Also beware to lift you bottom as high as you can on this ride, I learned the hard way and scratched my bum on what felt like a cheese grater! Your all inclusive does not run in the park, if you need to eat or drink you will be asked to produce your room key and it will go on your end account. We never ate or drank in there as The Flamingo pool bar and snack bar is only a few feet away from the park. You can come and go from the park as much as you like. Do not try to take food or drink into the park, you will be searched. The water park opens to hotel guests at 10:30am, and to the public from 11am. There is a 7D cinema at the aqua park (which lasts 6 minutes long) we didn't use it but heard good reviews. The lifeguards are not only friendly and hard working but easy on the eye too!

There are 2 indoor pools at the hotel, 1 world side 1 club side. We used the one at world side. My 5 year old loved it as the water was warmer.
Regarding outdoor pools.....you are spoiled for choice. We never used the Atlantis (adult only pool) but it looked lovely and very peaceful. All the pools are kept spotlessly clean and look very inviting, despite the temperature! When it is so hot outside it's very refreshing to jump in. We stayed mostly at the Flamingo Pool, also a quiet one (end of season in October remember) it had many benefits......close to the aqua park entrance, close to Croco Kids a Club, it has a pool bar and a snack bar and toilets. Perfect for us. Some of the other pools like the Fontana Pool and Caribbean Pool were busier with music and pool games. Towards the beach is a pool for toddlers with slides, this again was a busier area.

Food is in abundance at the hotel, always available in huge amounts. We mostly ate at the Oasis Buffet Restaurant (world side) The buffet restaurant on club side is called The Tropicana. I advise using Oasis, it's slightly larger and walkways wider. These areas obviously get very busy, chaotic too. Yes you will queue for certain dishes like pancakes and omelettes at breakfast but it's worth the wait. All food is displayed beautifully, all fresh and tasty. Breakfast is 7-10:30 lunch is 12:30-2:30 and dinner 7-9:30. Your all inclusive ice cream is only available from Oasis and Tropicana restaurants, from 12:30-2:30, anywhere else in the complex is chargeable. There are themed nights in the buffet restaurants, including Turkish, Mexican and International. I didn't like Turkish or Mexican but International was brilliant, amazing roast beef and lamb! Desserts are plenty. My advice is to get your cold desserts along with your starter and main so as not to queue for 10 minutes! Remember to take a walk outdoors at the buffet restaurants as food is also being cooked out there too. The buffet areas are run like a well oiled machine, the waiting staff are amazing and the cleaners are always there. My daughter who is very fussy managed to survive on pizza, spaghetti bolognese, chips, chicken pasta and bread every day.

We used the Pearl snack Bar open from 12:30pm on a few occasions, it was nice to sit outdoors and eat. I really enjoyed the noodles. My eldest daughter (14) loved the hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs and kebabs. The Flamingo snack bar opens at 12:30 and has the same dishes daily, pizza, pasta, spaghetti bolognese, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, Turkish pancakes and salad bar.....you can also pour your own soft drinks here.
You are entitled to 1 a la carte meal per holiday. We used the Chinese, I didn't really enjoy it, it was very bland. Wish we had used the Italian instead.

A visit to watch the sun set at the beach is a must. It's really beautiful. You can even ask one of the photographers from the shop inside the hotel to do a sunset photo shoot. The beach bar is great too, shame there were no bar snacks though. The beach itself is lovely, the tide stays the same and the water temp was like a Luke warm bath. We used the Jet Ski's at €40 for 15 minutes and The Great Big Mable ride at €10 per person for 15 minutes. You can also use the banana boat and do parasailing at a price. The pedalos are free and included in your all inclusive. There are plenty sun beds to choose from and hammocks too.

The staff we met were ever so friendly and spoke good English. Emirhan the young barman/waiter was amazing. He made us some fantastic Malibu cocktails. He worked everywhere from the Irish bar downstairs to the buffet restaurants! It was his last day at the hotel during our stay. We never met our maid. She changed towels, made beds, and emptied bins daily. We might have had our bedding changed once in 2 weeks and she certainly didn't actually clean or Hoover daily. Going back to our room, we had problems with the sliding doors, both had to be repaired and the balcony door needed screwing back in. We also had a flood in our bathroom which was reported. The bath tub had a small crack in but after 4 baths there was a big flood on the floor. We were told we could move rooms but we were only a few days away from leaving so declined and had showers instead. You receive a 1.5 ltr bottle of water daily. The mini bar is stocked well but we never found a price list so I can't tell you how much items were. Each person is given a towel card upon arrival, you exchange these for beach towels either down in the spa by the indoor pool or by the hut by the beach. There is a kids park on site that we never used, also a tennis/basket ball court. There are cash machines at the very entrance to the resort. By the cash machines is a taxi rank, we never used taxis as the local Dolmus bus is cheaper. The Dolmus stop is on the road at the entrance to the resort. We took the Dolmus into Kusadasi town for a mooch. I believe we paid €2 each way. We also went to the local Kusadsi Market held on a Wednesday. Lots and lots of "genuine fakes" we took a trip up the hill to Adaland. Due to it being end of season the water park was closed but the Dolphinarium was open. We paid €20 each to watch the dolphin show which lasts 1 hour, it's ok. We also paid €85 each to swim with the dolphins for 20 minutes after the show. You could buy a disk of all photos taken during the swim for €80! We just bought 1 picture each at €5. We had to walk back to the resort afterwards (if you choose to swim with dolphins there is no shuttle bus available) it was a short walk so we didn't mind. The Thompson reps were always very welcoming and available for you at certain times of the day at the hotel reception area. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, the floors are constantly being cleaned. The grounds are beautiful. We didn't use the games room, bowling alley or Diso Blue so I can't comment. We also didn't use the spa facilities.

There's not a lot else I can say......if you have managed to read this far well done!

I loved our holiday and would definitely return. The only downsides are that the lighting in the rooms are very dim, and the maid didn't clean to my standards!

Thank You Aquafantasy, look forward to returning in the near future :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 0rainbowangel0
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guests,
We want to thank you for taking your time to write such a detailed review. We are happy to hear you had an excellent time and enjoyed all facilities, including the Aqua Park.
Thank you for noticing everything we are doing to satisfy all guests. Our kitchen team works really hard to make sure our food is for everyone’s taste and we receive lots of fabulous feedback from our many guests. Also our Housekeeping team are doing their best to keep the Hotel area clean.
I apologize for any inconvenience you must have had concerning your room. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, so we can keep up our high standards in future.
Aqua Fantasy follows and exceeds the ISO rules and regulations (ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 22000-2005) throughout the hotel complex. I want to thank you again for noticing everything we are doing to keep everybody safe.
Our entertainment team also thanks you for your nice comments.
Also i want to thank you for highlighting our layout and the location of the Hotel, which is a huge plus for our guests being close to Ephesus and Kusadasi.

We do look forward to welcoming you back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Kathy Nys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Truro, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have just arrived back after 2 weeks at aqua fantasy. We have 2 children aged 6 and 10 and both of them had the most amazing time.
We stayed in a standard room and I have to admit that we found it a bit cramped. It could have done with a bit more drawer space for clothing. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was nice and powerful, we had clean towels everyday as well as a complimentary 1.5 litre bottle of water each day. The room was kept very clean although there was quite a bit of black mould on the tiles around the bath which could do with being seen to.
The food was great, enough choice to keep everybody happy. We didn't have chips once, not even from the snack bar. The amount of people that had plates piled high with the damn things was amazing, we don't pay all that money to eat chips every mealtime. There is always pasta, rice, vegetables and many meat dishes available each day. The theme nights were good (especially the Turkish and Mexican nights). We ate the Chinese al a carte one night and it was lovely, very tasty and filling.
Pool wise, there were so many to choose from and there were always plenty of sunbeds available. You can do as much or as little as you want around the pool, again, something for everyone. The water park was amazing, my son was too scared to go on any water slides at all last year at another hotel but this year there was no stopping him, we all had a go on almost everything. Although the all inclusive doesn't extend into the water park there is a bar and snack bar 60 seconds away from the entrance on hotel grounds that you can use. Between 5 and 6 some of the snack bars offer freshly cooked waffles, they are to die for, we had them most days (they are very hard to resist!)
The room key you are given also acts as an in hotel credit card. You can use this to pay for the bowling, pool tables, ice creams and any other extras you want to purchase (apart from the independent shops). You can then pay it off as you go or pay it in one go upon departure. We only used it for a game of bowling which was 48 lira for 4 of us (around £16). Whilst talking about money I would recommend taking Turkish lira and some British pounds with you. We took euros and everything worked out more expensive using that. Even in the local markets it's cheaper to pay in lira or pounds than euros. The hotel have a currency exchange facility, you will need some lira if you plan on catching the bus into town.
The kids club staff were fantastic, my son especially loved aunty Sandra! They offer 2 sessions a day (excluding Mondays) as well as a film club each evening where the kids to go to dinner together and watch a film. On Wednesdays they hold a 5 hour long sessions so you can take advantage of going to the market in kusadasi child free! The kids discos were good fun and the entertainment most nights was great.
I would certainly return to this hotel again, we all had a great 2 weeks. It's very good value for money, the staff were all very friendly and work very hard. The grounds and public areas were spotlessly clean and the food and drink choices are excellent. You simply can't go wrong!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mariecb76
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your detailed holiday experience following your recent stay at Aqua Fantasy. It is a huge plus for our future guests following us on Tripadvisor to read such a detailed Hotel description, i couldn’t have written it better myself. It gave myself and my team enormous pleasure to read how much you liked our Food, our pools and our entertainment team and not to forget our Aqua Park.
It is nice to hear you had an excellent holiday and you are happy with the service we have provided.
Thank you for highlighting our layout and the location of the Hotel, which is a huge plus for our guests being close to Kuşadası.
I appreciate you have pointed some issues out to us, we will take these in consideration.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.

We do look forward to welcoming you back, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed from the 28th of September till the 4th of October and we're sad to be leaving such a wonderful hotel with the nicest staff we've ever met and can't wait to go back there in august the food was amazing especially the kebabs and waffles the beach party was the highlight if my trip although the raki didn't agree with me ! The aqua park was great for my kids aged 4 and 12 especially the lazy river all in all it was a fantastic holiday and can't wait to see everybody next year

Room Tip: We stayed on the world right by the pool was fantastic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michellewillow1310
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the Aqua Fantasy Team i want to thank you for your beautiful words. I am happy to hear that you liked our activities, Aqua Park, Food and drinks, except maybe for the raki.
We look forward to your next visit. Please let our guest relations team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed from the 19th September to 4th October and were talking about coming back on the transfer home. The staff are all very friendly and make a real effort to make you feel welcome. The entertainment team were fab as well. The shows were brilliant, always something different every night which the kids loved.
The food was amazing and the weight gain we've all come home with is testament to the standard of meals that you can have. yes you may have to queue for a few minutes for some popular things like omelettes, but so what, you don't have a bus to catch!
The pools are really well thought out with very shallow for babies through to mid pools for older toddlers. We were never bored! The aqua park was amazing with something for everyone, we were there nearly everyday, my youngest son loved the pirate ship and the splash pool area is a fab place for small children.
The lifeguards there are 100% and we are very thankful to the lifeguard that helped me when my eldest son was complaining of a sore ear, he looked him over and advised we see a doctor, which we did, at the hotel. The hotel doctor arranged for my son to be taken to hospital where he spent the night and had a small operation. All the staff that helped us I give my heartfelt thanks to.
The hotel staff work tirelessly to make sure that you have a great holiday. The bad reviews you see on here are the type of people that complain because it rains!!
If you have a family that like water you will not regret coming here!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Helen R
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice words. We are also happy to read you enjoyed our food, our pools, as well as the service.
Our entire staff works very hard to please all ages. It is nice to see that their work is recognized by our guests and this will give them motivation for the future.
Let us know if you have any requests on your next stay: kathynys@aquafantasy.com
Benfleet
Reviewed October 23, 2013

this hotel is fantastic staff are helpful and friendly and cleanest I have ever seen and the food is superb for all tastes first time ever not had any stomach problems and the aqua park is superb for all

Room Tip: ground floor opposite ponies is nice view and handy for main building
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank leadernine1
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your short and motivating comment, I am very happy to read you had a wonderful stay and you enjoyed the aqua Park. Let our Guest Relation department know about your holiday plans: kathynys@aquafantasy.com
Merthyr tydfil
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our first time at this hotel, family of four with a five year old and a 22 month old, and what a fab holiday we had!
The room was very modern and clean and had excellent maid service.
The food halls are very clean, waiting staff are friendly and work very hard.
The choice of food was excellent and the desserts were amazing!!
The entertainment team were faultless and worked really hard.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone with a family!!
We plan to return at some point!!!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Rachwill416
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire Aqua Fantasy Team thank you very much for these wonderful compliments. We are very pleased with your comments and your recommendation.
We are also happy to read you enjoyed our food, the room, as well as the entertainment.

ENGLAND UK
Reviewed October 22, 2013

we stayed in room 2735
we had a most wonderful holiday again . this was our fourth time we have visited the hotel .
its the best holiday hotel we have been to and we have travelled a lot . the staff are so friendly and helpful and hotel is so clean . the food is amazing . also well done aqua fantasy for another fantastic holiday looking forward to seeing you all next year also a special thanks to ali

1 Thank Margaret G
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire team here at Aqua Fantasy let us say a big thank you for such a fabulous review. Comments like yours give us all great motivation. We are all delighted to read that you had “the best holiday” at Aqua Fantasy.
A special thanks from Ali!

We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Kathy Nys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Paloma Pasha Resort
#1 of 11 in Ozdere
Richmond Ephesus Resort
Labranda Ephesus Princess

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!