“Great family holiday”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Great family holiday”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband, myself and 2 seventeen year olds went for 1 week, we booked through a first choice late deal, from beginning to end we had a great time, everything went smoothly, no problems at all. We were very impressed by the hotel -clean, lovely grounds, nice rooms (maid service could have been better but even so it was adequate), there was always something to do staff were friendly and helpful, food was good, there was so much to choose from and so many different choices of where to go, we found the steak house was brilliant, well worth the small extra charge. Drinks were always available and staff were quick to serve, always with a smile.
We had a couple of trips out, one to Kusadasi market - very busy, but a good experience if you can take a bit of being hassled and keep a smile on your face while you keep saying 'no thankyou'! Another trip was to Efesus, which is amazing if you like this sort of thing. Both trips we managed by ourselves by dolmus bus from the entrance to the hotel, we found the drivers to be very helpful if you just politely ask (we did see a bit of an ignorant man from Liverpool get short shrift for acting like an ar*e - must admit we found it funny!!!).
The water park was great, my husband and myself being around 50ish found all the steps a bit tiring in the heat but we managed, but our two 17 year olds were in every day, they loved it. The water sports on the beach were good and not too expensive.
I think the only thing I can find to complain about was there was no bacon and sausage at breakfast, still, there was so much other choice that it wasn't really a problem. So all in all a fantastic holiday and we will be going back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Karon B
Kathy_Guest_Relation, General Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your “Great Family Holiday” review at Aqua Fantasy. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and liked our layout, rooms, cleaning, staff, as well as the service.
We are all really very pleased to read that we could meet all of your expectations and are proud of your comments!
Again our location is a plus, it is an advantage of being so close to the ancient Ephesus, as well as the city centre of Kuşadası. We are happy to hear you have managed by yourselves to take a few trips out.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you as our guests near future. Please send an e-mail if we can help you with anything for your next stay at Aqua Fantasy.

Haluk Alay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We all had a great time ( 2 adults and a 8 year old) really good, the location of our room was perfect as we were near the water park and not the entertainment which went on till very late. The girls had a fantastic time in the water park (a little hassle with locals on day visit groups of male teens). The rule on no towels before 9am in the sun loungers was a good idea but did cause a bit of trouble as it was not enforced everyday. I did return with a very very bad tummy bug and loosing over a stone in 5days was exciting, but I'm not sure where I got that it was just me so not to bad.

1 Thank Pointer12
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your comments. It is nice to hear that you and your family had a fantastic time here in Aqua Fantasy. Sorry to hear about the disruption you had in the Aqua Park.
Regarding our towel rules, we will make sure to apply them daily going forward to avoid any sort of confusion. We thank you for pointing this out to us, as it is only by receiving such constructive feedback that we can continue to deliver our renowned high standards.
We are very sorry you were unwell during your stay and hope you are now feeling much better.
So, we look forward to welcoming you all back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your room location.

belfast
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Arrived at hotel 19/08/13 for one week, after two days it was going around the hotel that people were suffering from the "stomach bug"

On the 5th day I was suffering from this bug and had to call the doctor as the pains were so severe and I was with family and concerned they could get it. The 6th day I was hospitalised and had to spent 24hours there, being put on several drips and antibiotics.

Reps didn't help at all with the matter and founds most staff to be quite rude. Instead of an ambulance I got a taxi which I had to share with several other people going out for a days trip who didn't know why I was there.

I was there with family and luckily was the only one to catch this bug, but I am writing this review as there were many families with young babies there and if they had of suffered this bug it could have been a lot worse than my experience. If I was travelling with family I would want to know this so I could either prevent it or protect my children.

Thomson will be receiving a letter of complaint about how their staff dealt with the issue and had no concerns for anyone else, and only cared about their reputation. I know for certain one rep even fell ill with the bug and still would not discuss it.

I am home a week today and still suffering from symptoms...

While I was there the pool had to be closed so this shows it was contagious and didn't start in the UK like they were suggesting. There were other nationalities in the hospital with the bug from the same hotel, before the UK flight was meant to have arrived with the bug.

Not going back :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hilary H
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your informative comments and constructive feedback. We highly value and appreciate candid feedback from our guests as they provide great opportunities for us to learn from, and improve our facility, exemplary services and the food.

Our pools and Aqua Park all adhere to the highest level of health and safety rules very strictly. We do this out of respect for the safety of our guest’s health. From time to time there are some accidents in the pools, as you know the hotel has 4 swimming pools, 2 indoor pools, 2 kid’s pools, a beach, and the entire Aquapark for guests to easily spend their day in the water. However, we do appreciate that guests quite often have their favourite pool that they like to visit.
In order to remain more vigilant in this matter, we are now informing all families with small children that swim nappies must be worn before their toddlers enter the pool. These are also being made available in the hotel shop.
İn matters such as the above we are very much reliant on the cooperation of our in house guests.

We have 24/7 doctor Office on site to help guests in need of medical care.
We always encourage our guests to consult the hotel doctor sooner rather than later, as this then gives the doctor the opportunity to catch any bugs in the early stages and prescribe the necessary medication. Of course, in very hot countries such as Turkey, it is also important to drink plenty of water when in the sun at the pools/beach.

For future guests to Aqua Fantasy who follow Tripadvisor, we really do want you to experience a problem free holiday. However, if something isn’t quite right for you, please let our guest relation team know straight away and we will try to help you as quickly as possible.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in July with children and what a great place it was. In our party there were 6 of us 3 adults and 3 children ages 14,9,7. There was something to do for everyone from kids clubs to evening entertainment. The entertainment staff were great (special mention of Jack Sparrow mc sausage and James) and "auntie Sandra" and her team were fantastic with the kids clubs.
The food was absolutely fabulous and not too repetitive like other hotels I have been, and lots of choice. **Not one of us were ill at all on this holiday and like others after reading reviews I was expecting at least one of us to be hospitalised during our stay!!!!!!
The waiters in the restaurant we ate in (Oasis) were fabulous and worked so very hard, Murat G was amazing with us all. The waterpark was amazing, the only downside is the all inclusive isn't in the park (but you can use the restaurant nearest the gate for drinks and food).
Rooms cleaned and linen changed every single day, they worked really hard.
The hotel was amazingly clean and cleaners were constantly walking around clearing anything and everything.
The kids and us adults absolutely loved this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ca33a
On behalf of the entire Aqua Fantasy Team thank you very much for these wonderful compliments. We are very pleased that we could meet all your expectations and we are delighted with your comments!
Our entertainment team works very hard to please all ages. Thank you for putting some of them in the spotlight. It is nice to see that their work is recognized by our guests and this will give them motivation for the future.
We are also happy to read you enjoyed our food, our restaurants, as well as the service.
Regarding your comment about the Aquapark; as i mentioned on the previous review, we offer the use of the Aqua Park to non-hotel guests, therefore we keep our all-inclusive system within the hotel premises. That said, it is very easy to leave the Aqua park for drinks at the nearby Flamingo bar in the hotel complex, which does form part of your all inclusive.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you as our guests near future. Please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

After just returning from our holiday on the 26th and spending 11 days there me , my wife and 2 boys had a great time we went there to have a good holiday , and it did not disappoint the water park was great food great the lads in the Italian restaurant were brilliant . My wife had a great time relaxing round the pool . The only two faults were u could not eat or drink in the waterpark , and there was a lot of different nationalities . I suppose we were used to making friends on holiday but u struggle when nearly everyone is foreign . We spoke to a family from London on the coach on the way back to the airport ,the lady told me she spoke to someone who had been ill with a bug , lucky enough my family all avoided it . All in all good holiday

2 Thank Bigsonta1
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at Aqua Fantasy.
I am glad you have liked the food, the waterpark, the pools and the Italian restaurant.
Regarding your comment about the Aquapark; as we offer the Park to non-hotel guests, we keep our all-inclusive system within the hotel premises, where we provide 11 bars, 2 main restaurants, 2 snackbars and 5 A la Carte restaurants.

So, we look forward to welcoming you all back next year, please let our guest relation team know about your future holiday arrangements.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Hi, I am currently at the resort & wanted to write a review as if you are like me I read them before I leave the uk and would panic if I was reading the bad reviews and would be expecting everyone on drips around the pool !!!!

I am travelling with my 13 year old and we are having a fab time we have stayed in many resorts & got to say this is one of the best we have stayed in.

About the previous bad reviews, before leaving home I know of many people having the "bug" in which I was one! Watching what you eat over a few days and all is back to normal and it's nothing to do with the hotel. Just do what you would do at home.

Back to the good stuff

Rooms cleaned every day
Food - plenty of choice can eat all day if you wish :-)
Beach only a short walk, plenty of watersports and plenty of sunbed & shades
Activities - entertainment team work hard all day get involved in the fun
Sunbeds - so far no problem getting one and we don't get up early
Entertainment - every night something different on

So if you are due to come out please don't worry I have only met one person who has got the bug & he was at our welcome meeting to warn us but as I had the bug was aware it cudnt be the food.

If you would like to ask me anything please email me and before I go I would recommend you bring mozzie spray, can see lots of people with bites !!

7 Thank 71louise
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your review whilst being at the resort. I am very happy to read you are enjoying your stay and like our food, activities, our beach and entertainment.
If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact our guest relation team.
For future guests who are following us from trip advisor, please e-mail us if you have any questions: kathynys@aquafantasy.com
Thank you once again and we hope to meet with you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited this resort for the 2nd time in July for two weeks with 3 girls aged 14, 13 and 10. This is an amazing place to stay the girls were entertained at all times (we barely saw the teenagers during the day). The rooms are large and very clean. The food was good, yes the restaurants are quite like canteens but this is a big resort and I think they do very well supplying a variety of foods to suit all tastes (even my daughters very fussy friend found something to eat each day). The entertainment staff are all awesome and work very hard and made our holiday, especially Jack Sparrow who my youngest daughter is still talking about now. The waterpark is good fun and is easily accessible for hotel guests. The kids club run by Auntie Sandra (she is 29 you know!!) and Sarah is the best kids club I have ever seen they are amazing and the kids really do love them.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone with children because they will never be bored.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the adults only pool so it was nice and quiet and not to far from the main...