“Ticked most of the boxes”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We did not know what to expect after recent negative reviews. Upon arrival it was clear we did not have the ground floor room we requested. Although I realise this can not be guaranteed but we did book this holiday over a year ago and also made a request by email. The following morning our request was met. Also we had paid for a late check out but this was not on the system. The Thomson rep did sort this out for us.

Our room was of a nice size and cleaned every day. We did not have our toiletries replaced every day. One day the cleaner bundled up the sheets and took 3 of my grandson's cuddly toys he sleeps with. To say he was beside himself would be an understatement. 2 were finally recovered thanks to the Guest Relations Team. It was a bit careless of the cleaner.

The food was probably the best we have ever had in an all inclusive hotel. There was plenty variety and well cooked. You did not have to have the same thing every day.

All was going well until the sickness and diahorrea bug hit. I had it for the best part of a week. Fortunately my daughter and grandson were not affected as much. By the time we came home a lot of people had it and some were sent to hospital and put on a drip. So be prepared and take plenty of Immodium.

Best entertainment of the 2 weeks we were there was The Chinese Circus. After that was pretty average. The seating in the Ampitheatre is not very comfy either.

Croco kids club was brilliant. Auntie Sandra should be given a medal she is great with the kids and gets down to their level. My grandson loved going to dinner at night with them and then watch a film. It gave him a bit of independence. I am sure Auntie Sandra is not missing her bum being pinched every day. The kids show that she put on was really good. They only had 2 hours to practice. We have never known a kids club as good as this.

We did enjoy the holiday even with the few problems we had. 2 weeks was a bit too long as there is nowhere to walk to.

Room Tip: We thought that the World side although older looked nicer than the Club side we stayed in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,441)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My friends and I have stayed in this hotel for a week ( July 2013 ). I can summarize my opinion as:
Excellent: Reception, Foods ( less variety but tasteful ), beautiful aboriginal and tropical plants and gardens , lovely atmosphere.

good: water park, bars( only native drinks are free ),many outdoor pools with side bars, various sport fields( football, beach valley, water polo , mini golf,...), staff were kind and polite .

fair : night shows that performed by same persons every night, rooms were a bit small

poor: disco ( was occupied completely buy teenagers), daily entertainment ( not amazing)

FINALLY: DO NOT MISS SUNSET PERSPECTIVE AT SUNSET BEACH BAR EVERY EVENING

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank momo m
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place far exceeded our expectations. The food was good, although the salad could've been chilled, the service was second to none and the staff didn't not stop from morning til night making the place clean and tidy. The pools were fab the entertainment team great fun! Our 2 children quickly made friends and left us alone to enjoy our day together. The water park was good, although does get busy with our tourists from outside. The reps were not much good and we did buy excursions that we were not overly impressed with. Do not book the turkish bath through them as its a seedy place outside the resort with all men bathing you, including your children. The reps do not tell you this. Have a treatment in the resort it is much better. Go to Yucca Plant, its a nice treat but don't get drawn into the shops surrounding because the pressure to buy is overwhelming and you cannot just browse! Overall we had a ball and are going back next year - if there are any rooms left!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Me and my partner (both mid 30's) visited this hotel for a week in June 2013. We had a great time and I would echo what others have said about ignoring some of the bad reviews. The food is fantastic, the facilities are excellent and the staff are very helpful.

Transfer time from the airport is about one hour. We were quickly checked in and shown to our room. After an uncomfortable first night, we realised that the air conditioning unit in our room was faulty. We went to reception, and they offered us another room without any fuss (thankfully the air con unit was in perfect working order!)

I won't go into all the facilities and activities on offer, because that information is readily available in other reviews and via other websites. Suffice to say, everything is there that you would need. I personally joined in the organised football games that take place in the evening, great fun! The hotel gym is adequate, more than enough in there if you fancy a workout.

The food is excellent. Worthy of mention is the small bar/dining area down near the beachfront which does proper doner kebabs at lunchtime - fantastic! We did two a la carte evenings during our stay. The steak restaurant really was not anything special and I definitely wouldn't bother with it if we stayed there again. Much better was the Turkish restaurant, the food and service was much better and definitely recommended.

It has already been mentioned on other reviews, the ice cream is only all inclusive for two hours in the afternoon after lunch. Personally we had no problem with this (how much ice cream does somebody want in a day??) and it was enjoyable enjoying a stroll round the grounds after a kebab lunch whilst enjoying an ice cream! Though I can see how a family with young children might be annoyed at only having free ice cream for two hours.

The water park is great fun, we both enjoyed it and we are grown ups! It's a bit smaller compared to some other water parks I've been to over the years, but as its included as part of your stay and you can simply stroll from one of the hotel pools right through a side gate reserved for guests and get straight on the rides, it's fantastic! As the hotel operates a wristband policy (which you wear for the duration of your stay) you don't even need to take anything with you into the waterpark. Though be aware - the food and drink inside the waterpark is not part of your all inclusive deal, you have to pay for it. But fear not, there is a poolside bar just outside the guests entrance to the park which does form part of it!

There are several pools dotted around the hotel complex, we spent most of our time around the adult only pool, which was nice and peaceful. We also enjoyed the hammocks and sun loungers that are underneath the trees next to the beachfront. The beach is okay, there is a long jetty going off the beach where you can also sunlounge. There are also a variety of watersports on offer down at the beach, which you have to pay extra for.

At the holiday rep presentation on the first morning of our holiday they tried to sell us some sort of advance check in for the return flight, apparently the airport is having issues at the minute with having to manually check people in. It wasn't entirely clear what we were gonna get for our £12 each (as we were told it was nothing to do with guaranteed seats next to each other!) so we decided against it. As it happened, we breezed through check in very quickly without any fuss, so if they do attempt to sell you this, I would be wary of it. Don't waste your money!

I went to the Turkish bath that was offered as a trip by our holiday company. In comparison to others that I've been to, it wasn't that great - it was okay.

You have to pay for the room safety deposit box, which I did not like. You also pay a £10 deposit, refundable when you hand the key back in. When my partner handed the key back in just as we were leaving, the receptionist on duty just took the key from us and did nothing. When we asked for the deposit back, she stared at us blankly and said, no you have already paid. Only after we really persisted did we get the £10 deposit back. It may well have been a genuine mistake on her part, but the cynic in me feels that this really would be an easy way to dupe a rushed tourist trying to check out of the hotel to the tune of £10. Having said that, I would not decide against visiting this hotel due to this one experience we had - just be on your guard.

All in all, we had a great holiday and would definitely return!

Room Tip: If your air con isn't working don't suffer in silence - you really do need it in the heat! G...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 007daveyb
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were a family of eight, aged 61, 60, 57, 39, 36, 15, 9 and 7, we arrived on 1st August and left 15th August. We all had a fabulous time! The complex is big but you soon learn your way around. Food was fantastic, something for everyone at any time of the day, you will not starve!! I did not see my teenager after the fourth day as he joined the teenage club - TK Zone - where he made loads of friends and joined in many activities throughout the day and evening - he loved it. The old people loved the beach and the silent pool where there is a strict code of over 18's - it is extremely peaceful and they loved it!! We mainly stayed by the carribean bar and pool, the animation team were great, not too pushy! My youngest joined the breakdance lessons by this pool and thoroughly enjoyed them, his teacher was great! Croco Club run by Auntie Sandra was great, my 9 year old loved it and all the guys are fantastic with the children. The beach is great, always found a sunbed and there are water-sports at an extra cost, although pedlos and kyaks are part of all inclusive. We took a trip to the Ephesus which was amazing! There is a dolmus stop just outside the hotel, it cost 3.50tl each which is very cheap. We also visited Selcuk and found some lovely quaint shops. It is cheaper than Kusadasi and we felt, more traditional. Kusadasi was very busy, especially in the evening. There are many shops but you do get hassled a lot. All places can be reached by the local Dolmus just outside the hotel. You could get a Taxi, there are many at the entrance of the hotel, but they are more expensive and a white knuckle ride!! The adjoining Aqua park was amazing, and good that you can pop in and out as you please. My only complaint would be that we all suffered from tummy bugs at some point through the holiday and my youngest is still suffering today (17th August.) Now I dont know if there was a bug going around or if it was down to food or water! We also spoke to other people who had also suffered. I am not saying this to scare anyone, just being honest.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms, two overlooked the silent pool and one overlooked the pony club. All were nice room...
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Please do not read or listen to the negative reviews pathetic people have written about this holtel. Mysel and family have been several holidays and this was by far far the best could not pick one fault with this hotel and the people are lovely could not do enough for you. Myself partner and 2 children aged 8 & 11 travelled for 2 weeks from 27th of july till 10th aughust went all inclusive was a bit nervous as have never done this before was totally amazed at the food and drink served. Every day the menu on the buffet was different ranging from fresh fish ,pasta,chicken soups everything you could possible ask for nothing to much trouble. Food tasted absolutely amazing , kids loved it. Drinks menu overflowing with different drink served all day. Entertainment was second 2 none kids had an absolute ball and cant wait for next year thank you very much to Sausage and Shirley Marie 2 of the many fantasic reps who made our and my kids holiday 1 to remember. We have already booked for next year and look forward to it. Lat but not least the amazing water park if you like adrenalin pumping rides then this is the place for you and your kids just a second from the hotel this park is fantastic open from 10 till 6.30 the kids and adults can spend the day trying out these fantastic rides. Once again thank you very much Aqua Fantasy 2013

Room Tip: Our family had our room situated in the World Resort of the Hotel in front of the Fontana pool this...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank michelle m
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Let me begin by saying, I hate All inclusive hotels mainly due to the quality of the food. This hotels food was simply amazing and I am very picky with my food. No matter if you are vegetarian, meatlover och have a sweat tooth you will find a lot of variation. I believe there are 50 something different cakes, cookies, puddings and such for offer ever night. That beeing said, it can get little noisy and crowded in the dining halls with children running around and making noise.

The good:
Food. Amazing.
Rooms. Clean and comfy.
Entertainment. Quite god

The bad:
A lot of children (there is an adult pool though)
Some of the staff unfriendly/rude.
Bit far from the city, taxis dont come by that often.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peppe S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#29 of 156 in Kusadasi
Richmond Ephesus Resort

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!