We did not know what to expect after recent negative reviews. Upon arrival it was clear we did not have the ground floor room we requested. Although I realise this can not be guaranteed but we did book this holiday over a year ago and also made a request by email. The following morning our request was met. Also we had paid for a late check out but this was not on the system. The Thomson rep did sort this out for us.
Our room was of a nice size and cleaned every day. We did not have our toiletries replaced every day. One day the cleaner bundled up the sheets and took 3 of my grandson's cuddly toys he sleeps with. To say he was beside himself would be an understatement. 2 were finally recovered thanks to the Guest Relations Team. It was a bit careless of the cleaner.
The food was probably the best we have ever had in an all inclusive hotel. There was plenty variety and well cooked. You did not have to have the same thing every day.
All was going well until the sickness and diahorrea bug hit. I had it for the best part of a week. Fortunately my daughter and grandson were not affected as much. By the time we came home a lot of people had it and some were sent to hospital and put on a drip. So be prepared and take plenty of Immodium.
Best entertainment of the 2 weeks we were there was The Chinese Circus. After that was pretty average. The seating in the Ampitheatre is not very comfy either.
Croco kids club was brilliant. Auntie Sandra should be given a medal she is great with the kids and gets down to their level. My grandson loved going to dinner at night with them and then watch a film. It gave him a bit of independence. I am sure Auntie Sandra is not missing her bum being pinched every day. The kids show that she put on was really good. They only had 2 hours to practice. We have never known a kids club as good as this.
We did enjoy the holiday even with the few problems we had. 2 weeks was a bit too long as there is nowhere to walk to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk