Just returned from our 1-week holiday at Aqua Fantasy.
Our arrival at the hotel wasn't excellent because bellboys just left our luggage (room number labelled!) unattended outside for about one hour. We found them exactly at the same spot where they had been unloaded from the bus. Luckily all bags were still there.
The rooms were located facing towards the silent pool. The location was great because music was usually played at overly large volume ("this goes to 11!") at the amphitheatre and the pearl bar. This corner was silent but still very short walk to the lobby bar and the restaurants. Housekeeping was not that good, they just did the basics, nothing more. Also reduced the number of towels at the middle of our visit for some reason. Got them back the next day when asked, though.
Two main restaurants were good, just try to find a table at the terrace because noise inside is quite disturbing (caused by music and talking). I've been in much larger dining halls with some glass walls installed in proper places that kill the most of the ambient noise (or maybe they had better wine ;) Just find an outdoor table, it's much more comfortable at the terrace! Baby chair cleaning was not done well, there was a lot of dirt in our "clean chairs" several times.
There's basically no drink service at the buffet restaurants. On the first night we tried to order drinks from the waiter but after some time noticed that everybody was fetching their own drinks from the bars. Outnumbered waiters had their hands full cleaning up the tables. This was different compared to our last two TUI AI resort experiences. Still not problem after you get the idea.
Pools were excellent. Water quality was measured frequently and we saw the main pool being closed early on one afternoon for cleaning, probably due to some accident.
AI drink list was quite short, just local drinks. Beer was probably somehow low on alcohol (local brand "Marmara 34") but good for warm environment like this where you need to drink a lot. Most cocktails were extra and overpriced, "Today's special: Tequila sunrise 20 TL!" (about 9 eur). Didn't order any. Btw, plastic drink and beer cups didn't seem to be washed properly, I noticed bartenders just to flush them under running water. Got the confirmation about this when I ordered plain soda water one evening and the cup was very filthy and smelled awful. Resort of this level should definitely have proper cup washing machines on each bar or atleast use warm water and fairy.
Aqua park was excellent! Very clean and well maintained. Lifeguards were strict but very friendly. All food and drinks at the aquapark are extra but you can use the hotel guest entrance to get back to the hotel area which is just 50m away from nearest pool bar and snack bar.
There's two shopping streets at the resort, you can get the basic souvenirs there. The fixed prices seemed to be 1.5 - 2 times the prices you need to pay at Selcuk or Kusadasi, but still acceptable. If you need to do shopping, take a dolmus to Selcuk (3 TL) or Kusadasi (4 TL) weekly markets. Ask the proper weekdays from the guides or from the reception girls.
Activities and evening entertainment were usually good. If the amphitheatre show isn't good on some evening, no problem - just walk to the beach bar or pearl bar.
The bottom line: There's some flaws to be fixed but Aqua Fantasy is still an excellent resort and we had an entertaining holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk