“Absoloutely brilliant experience”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Myself (44) and my friend (46) have just returned from the most amazing holiday. Initially we went to the adult only pool for the first 2 days and I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a quiet chilled out pool. The beach was very nice although the sea wasn't particularly clean (not the fault of the hotel). The waterpark was amazing although the music was a bit noisy but you got used to this. The staff worked tirelessly to make sure that everything ran smoothly and everyone was very friendly. Whilst we did not have children with us, the highlight of our evenings were the kids shows and we are still singing along to the songs. There were people of all ages, shapes, abilities and nationalities and everyone seemed happy and well catered for. As other people have stated, my only complaint is that I only went for 1 week and not 2. I will definately go back next week. Well done first choice.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the adult pool where it is a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,439)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

myself (9) my dad (50) and my mum (do not ask her age) went to aqua fantasy for a week. There was lots of pools including the main pool ,the adult pool and the waffle pool.If your greedy and want two waffle plates make out there for uncle Sam even though he does not exist,(like i did !!!)There was a bar overlooking the beach which you could watch the sunset.Next in the evening you would head over to the to the main stage and watch their shows including Shrek the musical,Grease the musical,aqua fantasy king and Turkish night just to name a few.After that you could either go to the pearl or the beach bar.Them shows were like aqua fantasy partners of 2012,Shirlie Marie and play your cards right.The best entertainers were Jazzy B and Melly but the rest of the team like Taylor and Lucy were good too.If you are a fan of water and scary slides this place is for you. The Aqua park is probally one of the biggest in Turkey it has got slides that go eighty mile an hour,lazy rivers that are not that lazy at the end and even a seven d cinema you will never get bored here.I think the Aqua park has spoken for itself but there is even more.There food has a wide variety for you to try.But there is one lady who with out her this place would fall to shatters so if you go say thank you to the lady who serves waffles at aqua fantasy.Anyway have a think about booking here there is loads i have not mentioned like he pony club the games rooms and much more. have a think about it......................

Room Tip: It really depends on what you want in a room there all different.........
Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a fantastic hotel....much much more than expected! lots to do, eat and drink couldnt fault anything! very well looked after hotel, 100 percent spotless, fantastic spa (must recomend a turkish bath) brilliant entertainment. Lots of pool to choose from and of course a wonderful water park!! would recomend this holiday to anybody and will be returning for a longer stay next year! massive market in main town on wednesday (be prepared to get hassled) also Ephisis is a must do! staff were all extremly polite and helpfull overall amazing place!!

Room Tip: back rooms (south) much quiter but dont get the sun in the day!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We went there as a family of three, 2 adults and 16 year old daughter.
At first this hotel looked amazing, we arrived 11 p.m at night and we were all shattered
after long day.
Reception area was beautiful and quick check-in, we were told by reception staff, to nip down
to Oasis Restaurant for some thing to eat. Mid-night soup and bread rolls which was appreciated.
Bell-boy put our cases on golf cart, then whisked us off to our room 1223. Me and my daughter nearly fell out the cart twice going to our room and looking like Jedward when we got there. Why
are they so obsessed by speed....!
Got to room and chucked cases in, then we all retired for the night. In our Up-Graded Family Suite.
Got up next morning and on inspection of the room, I was extremely disappointed.!
So spoke to wife and daughter about this and we agreed to speak to First-Choice Rep after breakfast.
Went to see Rep who was called Nicola, First Choice Rep. I told her i was very disappointed about room. And it was not the room we paid £336 for the family suite in the Thomson shop.
After viewing Thomson website and First Choice website, the room looked brill to me so i decided to go to this hotel. Rooms on their websites looked amazing and very clean. Carpeted and Flat screen T.V. What i paid for. I have been to the Baron in Sharm. Cornelia Resort in Belek and countless other 5* hotels all over Europe. But this room was only 3* in my rating. No plug for a shave, had to sit on bed to watch t.v and apply suncream as there is no chairs in room. One wardrobe for 3 people, my daughter had to live out her case all week. The room generally was badly needing a make-over and a view on to a side of a hill. Like watching news before i go to sleep at night. British channels did not work, no sound and crap picture.
So Nicola said okay i will speak to hotel room manager, Ilker. And see if he can change room for us.
So bell-boy took us to view another room, who i warned before hand to go slow to room.
He drove us to the block we were already in, showed us a room across from ours and on the second floor. It was exactly the same as the one we already had at first very shabby and needed a good lick of paint and tiling in toilet redone. I THOUGHT THEY WERE HAVING A LAUGH..!
So wife and daughter went back to original room, a 20 second walk away. And i went back to see Nicola Myself.
Told her we didn't like the room. I wanted the one i paid for and what i seen on their website and Thomsons. But she fobbed me of brilliantly. There is only 8 carpeted family suites in the whole complex she said and they are all booked out at the minute. The Hotel is split in 2. The World Side and The Club Side she said. And we were in the club side which looked shabby compared to the world side. The 8 carpeted family suites are all in the world side.
So i told Nicola, I am extremely disappointed, I am not getting what i paid for 8 weeks ago in the Thomson shop. A GOOD WE SCAM ON THEIR BEHALF...! SMALL PRINT (SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY) Gets you all the time. So after family vote, I had to grin and bare it.
So if you want to go to this hotel do not up-grade with Thomson or First Choice.
Up grade at the hotel when you get there, you will save yourself £150 and be able to view what your getting.
Me personally, I like luxurious room, good food and plenty of sun. Well 2 out of 3 aint bad.
My daughter and wife thoroughly enjoyed it though, loved the pools,beach,animation had a laugh with them all brill team. After 3rd day my dark clouds disappeared and started to enjoy myself. But I felt i was ripped off here and you should get what you pay for.....!

Room Tip: Up-Grade when you get to hotel and save yourself a few pounds. Also take plenty of wasp killer my da...
3  Thank Paul O
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ended up here by not being able to get into where we wanted to go. I usually hate "all inclusives", but the beach and pools looked inviting and my new husband and I can both act like kids, so the water park and mini-golf had potential. At first we were shown a "promo room" since there was nothing else open for 2 nights-- stay away from this! A dungeon reeking of smoke (in a "non-smoking" facility). Ended up in a nice balcony room for just one night, but very clean, modern and comfortable. The food was much better than i've had at other all inclusives. The "adult" or "silent" pool was fantastic for those like us traveling without kids; truly serene and with an open bar--what's not to like?! We had a great time for a couple of hours at the water park. I think i was the only middle aged woman blasting down all of the slides :) I think we got our money's worth out of it since we were able to stay until 6pm after checkout before we headed over to our other little bare bones beach motel down the way.

Room Tip: The "World" side of the resort are newer and much nicer than the "Club" side. O...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My partner and I flew out to Bodrum on 20 Sept 2012 and had a wonderful time in this resort. There are always a couple of negatives, however, the only one we had about the hotel was the pool was unheated. However, the food was brilliant, the entertainment was brilliant, the room was clean, tidy, air-conditioned with flat screen tv.
The food is magnificent and its over seen by a sous chef who is always in attendance. The staff were brilliant (we used First Choice and flew Thompson) and attentive. I played water polo five days and had really great games which kept me fit.
You cannot help but but get involved in the games and there is plenty to do.
The beach is cleaned daily and any seaweed removed. Plenty of bars and plenty of alcohol with them which is included in the all inclusive deal. There is even an adults only pool away from the kids which are not allowed in it. If you want somewhere quiet and away from the noise, this is ideal.
The kids have a kids club and even though we were together as a couple, the kids we saw were very well behaved and enjoying themselves.
There is a 3 hour transfer from the airport to the hotel, However, the driver stops half way at a roadside stop. It looks as though the driver knows the owner as they encourage you to spend. Thankfully, the rep warned us at Bodrum and no one purchased anything as the prices are very high.
If you want to know what is problematic... its Bodrum airport. Considering its new, there is nothing to show which carousel the bags come off and we were looking around between 5. No one had an idea and the poor reps are not allowed in the airport. On the way out, you have to go through three security checks before you even get on the aircraft. Dont forget you need your £10 note when you get into the country.
Do keep a bottle of water from the flight with you to the coach as its three hours to the hotel. Saves buying at that small cafe. You do need to wear your seat belt as trust me - the roads are just beyond a joke! Worst roads I have ever driven on. You will never complain about the A1 again.
Both my partner and I would recommend the hotel and water park to anyone and would go again in a heartbeat. It was fantastic.
The weather was incredibly hot and we both came back with a deep tan.
Its a fantastic place for couples and also families. We loved it. Everything was clean, the toilets great and plenty of staff who are attentive.
There are plenty of trips out and excursions. There is horse riding on site,
The Aqua Park was incredible. There are a couple of slides that you need to cross your legs - however, the slide will give you more than an incredible wedgie! My shorts were pushed that far up me, I swear I had colonic irrigation!! Wear board shorts and do them up tight. The force of the water enabled my partner's bikini top to nearly part company with her body much to the resort's male admirers.
The wave pool is great fun, listen for the ship funnel sound and then its time to hit the pool and grab a ring and enjoy the ride.
Every day at the hotel, 12:30-14:30 its free ice cream for all adults and children. Do make the best of it as its not bad ice cream. Plenty of it and its part of the deal.
Oh, a word about measures of alcohol. They do not know the meaning of a single measure. Get a rum and coke and then just watch as the rum is poured in and glug, glug, glug and then a splash of coke!
Same with other drinks. Just incredible.
Oh - when you get there - get a key for your safe in your room. Its 6 Turkish Lira per day plus 20 deposit.
What else? The mini bar is expensive in your room. Dont do it. Use one if the many bars on the complex.
For men, try the Turkish shave in the shops. The coiffeur is a tall bald chap with a moustache. He takes care on your face with a cut throat razor and proper shaving stuff. Not the squeezy stuff out of a can. Its a real pleasure and works out about 10 lira. One lira is about 30 pence.
You get a free a la carte meal whilst there and its worth booking this as soon as you can as there. The establishments fill up with bookings very quick.
How about the beach? Clean, gritty sand. Plenty of available sunbeds with shades on and a bar a minute walk to them. Also, an excellent water sports centre that covers jet skis though to being pulled up on a parachute by a boat.
The pier is clean and well maintained. We walked it twice a day and there are sunbeds at the end of this away from the hustle of the beach. If you take some bread from the breakfast area with you to the pier and break it up, there are plenty of small and large sardines who will happily take the bread and nibble this. The kids will love it and feeding them.
Also, the water is clean and warm - once the day has warmed up a little and at the end of the pier is around 1.5 meters deep. The pool in the hotel is 1.4 meters deep max. No diving in.
Take a book with you, take a hat and wear it as it gets really hot. Enjoy the shows, the music, the humor of the staff and those in the entertainment areas.
We heard only great things from the kids clubs and we saw many happy campers as well as tired ones.
The hotel is easily accessible to disabled customers and there is no where that cannot be reached.
The hotel even supplies plenty of high chairs for youngsters in the restraunts. These are clean.
Breakfasts have everything you could want for this meal. From fruit to cold cuts, toast to cereals, full fried up meals. Dinner, just the same as evening meal. Just eat and eat and its endless beer from the many many bars to have something with your meal.
The chef has cooked for the US President Clinton and family some years ago - its still the same chef - and if its good enough for the ex president - then its good enough for you. It was for me.
I put on half a stone in the week!
If you can take a night flight to Bodrum and back, then do it. The weather is hot and I would imagine, sitting in on a coach for hours would be unpleasant.
Finally, again at the hopeless Bodrum airport. They are quite strict on weight allowances. Whilst you are waiting to check in, go weigh your bag on one of the spare sets of scales. Nothing better than beating the airport and not having to over pay them for excess weight,
Would my partner Jane and I go back? In a heartbeat. Great place and we loved it. Kids and adults will love it all. We will with Thompson and First Choice.
Hope this helps. Just go and enjoy the experience. Drink loads of water as you need it.

Kev
kevfreeflight1@aol.com

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kevfreeflight
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Before booking this holiday I read a lot of reviews on this site which really helped make my decision therefore I felt it only fair to pass on my review.

This was our first holiday with a nearly 4 year old and to be honest I don't think I could have chosen any better.

During the holiday we met many families most of which were return visitors which obviously says something about the high standards.

I could ramble on for ages but most of what I would say has already been said by other reviewers - honestly if you have booked or are thinking of booking this holiday you will not be disappointed - It exceeded our expectations. Plenty of smaller waterslides for smaller children and so many activities you could justify not leaving the site at all! We did have a couple of trips out and found the local bus service which picks up and drops off at the hotel entrance cheap and very handy.

There are not many places I would recommend but I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I specifically requested a quiet room which overlooked the adult pool
4  Thank qwertCumbria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#29 of 156 in Kusadasi
Richmond Ephesus Resort
Labranda Ephesus Princess

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!