“Aqua Fantastic”

Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I travelled with my husband and 2 children (4&6) and our friends who had a 3 yr old and their mum, dad and nephew. Well what can I say, what I fab time we had. Hotel spotlessly clean, very modern and up to date. Pools were fab, aqua park fab, downside is that the aqua park isn't all inclusive and also a few things are extra which does get annoying but never the less a fantastic holiday. Great entertainment at the amphitheatre not nessacarily professional and the best you've ever seen but a laugh and also good fun. Beach great to nip to when you get bored of the pool, pony rides fab, but not included in all inclusive. Would have loved to be nearer to a town but we new before we went this was the case not a huge prob the dolumes are regular and get you to kusadasi in 15 mins. We were a mixture of ages but there was something for everyone. Try and fly to izmir not bodrom the 2 hour transfer is a killer. All in all a fab holiday and would defo go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank yummymummy82
There are newer reviews for Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA

Reviewed October 1, 2011

we have just returned from this hotel. this is our 6th time at this hotel and have always had a fantastic holiday. This one has been the best so far, all the staff in the hotel served us well, but there are some really special staff cesim really did look after us i am in a wheelchair and all the resteraunt staff helped out where they could taking my plate and carrying it to our table. Akin and sedat two waiters in the oasis resteraunt were extremly friendly, helpfull and hard working. friends we were with had a birthday while we were there and they decorated the table wonderfully. Nothing was a problem for any of the staff.
Ali the bar manager in the lobby bar greeted me like an old friend remembered my name and kept us well supplied with drinks. When he saw us in the steak house from the lobby bar balcony we called out to us and waved. The steak house was wonderful lovely food cesim usually manages this resteraunt he is so attentive and caring we havn't got children but they love children and they look after the children and nothing is too much trouble. The only negative thing is we had to go home we will certainly go back again

Room Tip: jaccuzi rooms facing the club side are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2011

What can I say...we have returned from what I can only describe as a fantastic holiday! Firstly the hotel itself is clean, tidy and well placed. Situated right on the beach front with lots of activities and entertainment. The hotel has a number of pools but by far the best is the pool situted next to the Oasis restaurant. It has music playing, pool games and is ideally situated for your lunch and icecreams...not forgetting the Pearl Bar which does Kebabs and your beer! Our room (family room) was adequate size for us as a family of three and we had a bottle of fresh water delivered to our room every day, clean towels every day and a newsletter for the next days events and entertainment. The hotel staff were very helpful and one night my daughter was suffering with earache (too much time in pool) and I went to reception to ask for a blanket for her. They delivered it to my room within 10 minutes! If you are a smoker dont buy cigerettes from the hotel shop however you are best off going into town to get these as they are 4.5TL or 10TL in hotel for a pack of 20! Its incredibly easy to get to town you can jump on a bus which takes 25 mins or you can get a taxi for about 30TL one way. My advice would be to make use of the free taxi service the hotel provides if you eat in Planet Yukka which even though takes you away from your all inclusive dinner I would recoomend as a good night out and HUGE plates of food! You can then go and do all your haggling for your pressies! HAGGLE...you can get massive drops on their first offers for items!!! The food itself was brilliant, so much choice and even my fussy daughter ate like a queen every day. I would suggest going to dinner abit later if you can, as dinner is from 7pm till 9:30pm, and if you go early it can be very busy. We always ate after 8:30pm as it was alot quiter and you could get a table easier. If you have small children and waiting till then is not the best idea then go to the Pearl Bar until 5pm as they do late afternoon snacks which include burgers, hotdogs, pizzas and kebabs. Oh and chocolate waffles...AMAZING! The entertainment staff were fantastic...ignore the bad reviews about them being annoying...this is NOT true! What do people expect, its a resort catered for families!! The reps worked really hard every day and Simon Sez was incredibly funny and always had time to chat or smile. The Kids Club at the Amplitheatre every night was entertaining even for my daughter who is 12 yearls old. We met a number of other families who had small children and we had brilliant nights watching the shows. At 9:30pm you can head to the Beach Bar (go on the friday night for the beach party!!) or you could go to the Pearl Bar. Loads of fun and every where was fun...there were nights when we couldnt decided what we wanted to do as we wanted to do it all!!! The waterpark is brilliant fun. Loads of rides and thankfully due to going in September we didnt have to queue for ages to get on. I think this could pack out in July and August though. The water sports at the beach are fantastic and a good price too. 25TL per person for some of the inflatable rides which get pulled along by the speed boat. The canoes and pedlows are incuded in your all inclusive package as long as you only do 15 mins which is plently!!All in all it was a fantastic resort and the best holiday Ive had!!! We are already looking to book again for May!!! See you all next year AQUAFANTASY!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view or pool view.
5  Thank hollydpc
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Just returned from Aqua Fantasy this morning and had to write a short but sweet review. We stayed on the world side of the hotel in a room with a seperating door, the room was spotless, maid came in every day, the only thing in the room was we personly would've prefeared extra pillows but was no big deal. The entertainment staff all work so hard, you can join in as much as you like or as little as you like they don't hassle you if you don't wish to take part. My little girl (aged 7) loved the croco kids club they work so hard there, auntie sandra and all her team are great, and my little girl loved the mini disco of an evening. Food was great so much choice you can't go hungry there loved the waffles! Aqua park was amazing my daughter was off on all the flumes she loved it, and no you can't take food and drink into the park but it is just a 2min walk back to the flamingo snack bar. Overall we had fantastic holiday we would definatly go back. (we went as a family of 4 my parter, my father 64, daughter of 7 and myself) we ALL loved it.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Clairyfairy83
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The hotel was clean and tidy, pools were great, with plenty of them, also right on the beach. The aqua park was fantastic but its not just for hotel guests and so can get very busy. Don't be fooled though by the "all inclusive" package, its simply not! Yes you get all your meals but its always buffet style, a manic free for all, and the quality of food is simply appalling, after a few days we were sick of the same old slops every day! There are other reasturants serving more palletable food but you have to pay for these and you dont really have the option of popping out of the hotel to eat as its about £10 each way for a taxi into town. I'd read before we went that the catering was like McDonalds, but this place makes McDonalds look like its got 3 Michelin stars! Only draft soft drinks and local very weak beer and spirits are available, anything else is extra. Watch out for the mini bars in your room too, theres genuine coke and alcohol in them but use anything and you'll pay through the nose for it, a can of coke worked out at almost £3! There is free ice cream but only for 2 hours each day and only from 2 specific kiosks, again it plain vanilla or choc ice cream only, fancy anything nice like cart d'or mint choc chip, that'll be extra! Oh an watch out for the entertainment organiser at the main pool, he's very noisey, a bit like Timmy Mallet on a combination of prozac and speed! thankfully there are other pools to choose from if you want some peace! I won't be going back with the kids again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Neal R
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My Husband and I came back from Aqua Fantasy on 20th September after having the most fantastic time. We went out with our 2 boys aged 9 and 5 and they absolutely loved it. I must admit that after reading some of the reviews on here i was very apprehensive, but I would say that for the cost of the holiday, I thought it was excellent value for money.
We flew to Bodrum (and landed at 13:45 their time) which had approximately 2h 20 mins transfer time, however the coach was fully airconditioned and stppped of at a beautiful Salt Lake called Batha(i believe) where we were able to have a drink and an icecream before making our way to the hotel. Check in was very fast and easy and we were take to our room by the bell boy, who then said that if we wanted to go for something to eat, he would take our luggage up ready for us when we returned !!
The hotel itself is massive, but very very clean. There were cleaners every where all day and they were even mopping up from you as you got out of the pool and went into the poolside bars. Sometimes they got a bit over enthusistic and tried to take plates/glasses before you had finished, but I'd rather someone be over enthusiastic than not do it at all.
The hotel is split into 2 parts Club side ( which has the Spa and is closer to the Aqua Park) and World Side, this is the newer part of the hotel and the side we stayed in. The room was lovely and clean, we had a dividing door and the children slept in a single bed and a sofa bed. The only negative I will say about the room is that the beds had no duvets (obviously as it was roasting) but the sheet they gave us was smaller than the width of the bed and we only had 1 pillow each and 1 spare, however we asked a miad and she was happy to supply another sheet and pillow. There was a mini bar, however this is not included in the all inclusive and is verry expensive. The hotel does state that if it finds glasses/plates from the all inclusive bars in the room, they will fine you - however we did get around this as if we took a glass back to the room, we ensured we removed it before any maids came in ( there are racks everywhere around the hotel to put empties on). the pools are wonderful, we spent most of our time by the fontana pool which had all of the daytime entertainment which did get annoying (especially Simon Sez) but the kids loved it there. My husband and I did manage to get to the adult pool a couple of times which was absolute bliss.
The Aqua Park was great although they are very strict on height and my youngest son was not able to go on most of the flumes. to be honest I found it hard dragging the boats around and up the stairs in the heat, but my eldest thought it was great and went off with his mates. The life guards were very good, although strict and did have a laugh with the children. You cannot take food or drink into the Aqua Park and it is very expensive, but the flamingo Bar and snack bar is just outside the gates and you could come and go as you please. Avoid the Aqua park at weekeds tho as it is very busy as the Turkish go there on their days off.
The food is very good and there is lots of it. We found the all inclusive to be fine for our needs and the kids loved going to the bar for a coke whenever they wanted. the Icecream is only sold between 12.30 and 2.30 but to be honest that was plenty long enough and there was no restriction to the amount of times you go up and the queues are not too bad.
The entertainment was not too bad not really my cup of tea but ok. The shops are really expensive so either take your own bits out there or buy from kusadasi itself £15 for a lilo :-0 First choice do a thing where those people leaving leave any unwanted inflatables / suncreams/hats/books etc and you can just help yourself from their desks. this was a great money saver. Anyway I dont think I can say enough good things about this holiday and my husband is already on at me to book again for next year.

Room Tip: we had ground floor and would prefer balcony so when booking ask agent to request if you want this a...
4  Thank Kerry S
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I wanted a family friendly quality hotel so looked at Aqua Fantasy reviews, there were a few negative points but please ignore these, we had a fantastic holiday! We booked a family suite (2 bedrooms, bath/shower room and balcony, we were in the club side the rooms are older than the world side but larger and quieter, the only down side is that the corridors can be a little noisy and the kids room is that side of the suite but our son (nearly 3) was so tired from all the fun this rarely bothered him. (there are a few english kids channels on the tv)

The whole place is soo clean, as so many people have said there is always someone cleaning something, after dinner/lunch service you should see the cleaning team spring into action every inch is cleaned, we were very impressed.

The food is really good for an all inclusive with something different every night, a great night was the 3 massive 5ft tuna fish hanging up and steaks being carved off and freshly grilled in front of you! You have to remember that when this hotel is full it takes 3500 people this considered the choice is amazing.

The staff are great, our cleaner loved our little boy and we had towel/sheet animal, boat shapes on our beds every day. The bar/restaurant staff are lovely (if you are polite to them they are polite to you!!!) they had my son behind the bar making drinks all the time they just love kids there. We tipped the bar staff at the Atruim bar our favourite it was quiter and you could get good seats with a view of the stage, our cleaner and the waiter in the restaurant all of which were very grateful and not expecting anything they work so hard a few quid doesnt hurt.

We took the dolmus (bus) to town 4tl each way, on time no problems, town is worth a visit, we went to the port to look at the huge cruise ships. Planet Yukka is ok they do mexican steaks turkish all sorts (you can get a discount voucher from the first choice desk!)

Turkish massage in the Serenity Spa was great and we got a free clay face mask thrown in. We did a pony ride along the beach for 25tl each (20 mins) my son LOVED it.

The waterpark is brilliant loads for kids and adults and best time was 10am or 4pm before or after the coaches leave, they do search bags but there is a hotel bar and snack bar 1 min walk from the water park gate so no need to buy anything in there.

The drinks are not listed so ask for the different types of liquer they have and they will show you whats included, we had them make up some strange combos or just add some extra to the pre-mixed cocktails they have in the machines.

My son LOVED the kids disco which is for an hour at 8.30 (every day except Mons) they sing the same songs every night so after the first week they know the words and actions and afterwards they get to dance on stage for 15 mins which they all loved.

At the first choice desk there is a book swap (loads there) and a space for people to leave unwanted sun creams inflatables etc that they didnt want to lug home.

Everyday there is a free large bottle of water and a newsletter saying whats on the next day left in your room. People have said the shops there are expensive but I got 2 leather (fake chanel and D&G) designer handbags for £60 sterling which were cheaper than the market prices! So make an offer thats what i did!

Anyway could write about Aqua Fantasy for ages basically its a great family holiday with as much entertainment as you want to get involved in or not it is easy to avoid if that suits you.

Room Tip: Family suites have seperate air conditioning in each bedroom which is handy, ask for a top floor roo...
2  Thank claira2609
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
Palm Wings Ephesus
Richmond Ephesus Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
Pine Bay Holiday Resort
#32 of 155 in Kusadasi

Been to Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!