We were for the first time in Turkey and can not state that this is the best hotel we ever stayed in or be so overexcited about this accomodation.
I'd like to be objective and define our overall experience in fiew words.
The worst part of this hotel was in our opinion the sea and the beach, so if you're thinking about this or you're sea lovers, you should better change location.
The natural beach has been improved by owners widding the area and adding other sort of sand, sunbeds, poor unmbrelllas, a beach bar, but the result is still poor for what "'a five star hotel' should offer.The sand is brown and the water is green, so no clear and beutifull water could be found here (unlike other beaches nearby Kusadasi looking almost as good as in Greece)
Unbelievable was to discover a drain channel (near the limit fence of the hotel) full of waste water with direct discharge into the sea, right under the eyes of the tourists.Incredible.
On the other side,the best part is definatelly the aqua park and the pools, of no dissapointment to anyone.
The resort offers accomodation in 2 main hotels :World Hotel (more elegant, including jacuzzi rooms and appartments) and Club Hotel, with additional smaller villas.
Our impresion of all facilities could be in short discribed as:
- beutifull resort with wonderfull gardens, good conditions overall
- about 8 pools in resorts (3 wide, 1 for adults - the silent pool, 3 for children of different ages - even for babies, 1 interior pool) plus aqua park
- rooms of 3 plus, 4 stars, nice bathroom, both clean and well mentained, 1 l of water every day free, additional 2 soluble coffes and tea plus boiling vessel
- 2 main restaurants (Oasis - the biggest one, and Tropicano) plus additional 3-4 a la carte restaurants with only one entrance per sejour
- big resort with crowded restaurants, lot of noise, push and rush, becoming really unconfortable sometimes; they tried to offer clasical music some nights, but who could listen in piece?
- lot of food and desert, of average to rather good quality, but same every day (at least breakfast was always unchanged, the other 2 meals were diversified a litlle bit)
- diluated drinks (but expected so) acceptable beers and wines, really bad coffe, free icecream of good quality between 12,30 - 14,30, natural juice - against 5 TL extra
- good entertainment and kids club (led by Simon and Sandra- both natural born for this job), especially for English speaking people; each night they started with dance for kids (liked the most), then litlle shows , continued with karaoke in bars, adults competitions on the beach, fire camps, disco and so on; one night they had a nice Turkish night with traditional dances and a belly dancer (which in my opinion was not the best)
- speaking of extra, I must say that for the price paid you get free only the room, the food and the aqua park (plus some voley ball and football with free entrance, I guess); all the rest is extra, including internet 2 EUR/day, poney club - about 10 eur for 20 minutes, table tennis, snooker, games, bowling, not to mention tennis or SPA; see attached photo with detailed explination as per their official notes in the room
Finally, we had a nice holiday for a reasonable price.
Recommend this place especially for aqua park and pool lovers, for families with children, expecting a decent 4 star accomodation (but nithing above).
Thank you AquaFantasy Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel and outstanding Water Park located at Izmir’s famous Ephesus Beach. Aqua Fantay’s guests are just miles away from some of the worlds most historical places such as the legendary city of Ephesus, Virgin Mary’s House, Artemis Temple and Şirince Village. Aqua Fantasy is just 5 km (3 miles) from Ephesus, 8 km (5 miles) to the famous holiday town of Kusadası, 8 km (5 miles) to the city of Selcuk and 55 km (34 miles) to Izmir International Airport.Whether preferring lively water activities and fun slides, Aqua Fantasy is the perfect retreat for water lovers. The quiet surroundings, comfortable accommodation, wonderful views and great beachfront location make this a perfect family escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Otel so you can book your Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquafantasy Aquapark Hotel And Spa
- Aqua Fantasy Hotel Aquapark
- Aqua Fantasy Selcuk