Atilla's Getaway
$43
$94
$91
Travelocity
Richmond Ephesus Resort(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
$77
$84
$97
Hotel Nazar(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
$48
All reviewsfree shuttlethe busturkeyswimming poolvisit ephesustravel planslounge arearooms are basicyogurthostelstationcucumber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First,

I'd like to say that the pictures of the property on their website and any of the hotel/hostel sites they are listed on are hugely and grossly over-exaggerated.

For example under Amenities, they list A/C, but upon arrival you might just find out that the room you booked in fact doesn't have A/C. If you want to upgrade, for an extra 25 Lira a night, you can get the nicer room that has an A/C unit. But wait - it costs another 7 Lira a night to use the A/C!! WTF?

Also - if you're looking for a quiet place where you can sleep at a reasonable hour, think again. They play loud music at the bar until 2 am, which is located in the courtyard, which is next to all the rooms in the hostel. There was a loud group of backpackers, about 8-9, who were drunk and screaming until 2 am EVERY NIGHT in the courtyard. The management were partying along with them and refused to enforce any kind of quiet hours even though half of the paying guests here were trying to sleep.

The food here is very subpar. I don't know whats up with all the reviews about all the fantastic food, but I found it all very average and much worse than anything I found in Selcuk. None of it was local, but kind of generic food. Its still a decent deal at 5 euros for breakfast and dinner, but that just means you're missing out on the good food in Selcuk.. leading me to..

The fact that this place is damn far from Selcuk. You're pretty much imprisoned here until the shuttle takes you to Selcuk. Or you can lay down 15-20 Lira for a taxi into town, but then at that point you probably should have just stayed in Selcuk instead of trying to save money and book at that 'highly rated' Atilla's Getaway right? Right??

In ending, I found the staff to be pretty cool, but their refusal to maintain some kind of quiet hours after midnight combined with the false advertising on their website is something I can't forgive.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AVOIDING THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank johndenver919
Reviewed May 4, 2013

First I will say that Dilek was amazingly helpful and friendly. She rocks and would put up with a newby travellers incessant questions without pause.

I stayed in a private room which was comfortable and clean. I loved the bar atmosphere, pool, nightly "family dinners" and fires. This was a highlight of my trip in Turkey.

Very convenient to Ephesus and Pamukalle as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It's true the place is slightly outside of Selcuk, but the hostel has a free shuttle service which also picks people up when they arrive at Selcuk. The atomosphere in the place is relaxed and the trail from the hostel to Ephesus , through the hills, is a delight to get lost in. The staff are courteous and receptive and Delek at the reception desk does a great job and deserves special mention. The evening meal is a good deal and the is all good quality and changes everyday. I wouldn't say it's the best, but could well be the best in Seluk cafering to Ephesus. The breakfast is ok with options that are slightly too egg centred. Otherthan that minor point, I can't really fault the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the minute we walked in it was absolutely beautiful and Delic was like a goddess !! It was my birthday and I had no idea but a beautiful cake came out which was so special. Breakfast so good, close to Ephuses and good advice from them all. Thankyou Alex and Atilla we will spread the word!! Love our Turkish pants !! Amanda and Rory

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Overall we were happy with our stay here. The food, breakfast and dinner were nice and the bar reasonable. The Ephesus ruins site is within walkable distance from hostel. The showers were a little dirty side and in the mornings hot water was a little scarce (though they said they were renovating some bathrooms and so more people had to use the same ones).

One thing that was sad about our stay was when we were checking out on the staff asked us out next destination and we told them pammukkale via train, they tried to convince us to take the bus which I assume they were affiliated with and said the train will take 5 hours when we knew it took 3.

Overall a nice unique place.

• Stayed: April 2013