“Central guesthouse with super friendly staff”
Review of Artemis Hotel

Artemis Hotel
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I just got back from a fabulous short break spent in Selcuk. I travelled with my parents and stayed at Artemis Guesthouse, which was fantastic! Tom & Muslum are super friendly hosts, offering us tea and a seat as soon as we came through the door. They directed us to the sights and all the good places to eat and have a drink.

The rooms are very clean and spacious. While my parents had a comfortable double room, I stayed in a dorm with only 4 beds. There was plenty of space for all our luggage, a private bathroom and air conditioning. What more could you ask for!

The staff here really create the atmosphere at this guesthouse, they go out of their way to help you and also happy to sit down and have a good chat even though they were probably supposed to finish work hours ago. I would highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Rooms are great, and there is free wifi on every floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TEllen4
There are newer reviews for Artemis Hotel

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at the Artemis hotel in Selcuk .We were planned to stay for 1 night but after meeting lovely owners Mr Tom and Muslim Family we felt like we were part of the family so we stayed for 4 night.I want to thank you for everyone at the Artemis Hotel.I promise you guys some day ı be back to visit you again.( Came for 1 night stay for 4 nights so dont plan your trip before visit Artemis hotel )

Room Tip: Ask to Tom or Muslim they will do the best
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Helen R
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just two blocks from bus station, this correct hotel is very well located, clean, has free internet & breakfast. The rooms are simple but beds are comfortable. Few blocks away you have Selcuk town, full of fancy places to eat & buy spices & crafts. To go to Ephesus you only have to walk the 2 blocks to the bus station and take a regular bus. You can go walking to Ephesus Museum and Saint John's church. A simple but correct breakfast is served in a back courtyard.

Room Tip: No elevator, if have problems climbing stairs ask for a low floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank INDIAS
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The rooms were nice and simple and Muslum, the owner, was always there to help me and my other three friends. The breakfast room had a very cool turkish atmosphere and the food was delicious and abundant. Everything was cozy, comfortable and clean!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NivalVin
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Only thing going for this place is good location but every hotel in the town would have that as it's not very big! Main problem was that it wasn't clean and that the beds were uncomfortable but also the father in particular kept trying to sell us stuff, bus tickets, nights in other hotels they run etc.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank owl687
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Artemis is a small unassuming hotel run by Muslum and his partner in the heart of Selçuk. Muslum took good care of us as if we were old friends, making sure we had everything we needed.

The double room was spacious, clean and comfortable and even had a bath which is unusual... Nice touch. We only stayed one night but would definitely return when in Selçuk again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Mary C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Upon arrival I was welcomed by a nice warm cup of cay. I am a pretty chatty person and so was Muslum the soul of the place - I say. May be that's why I was kindly invited to have dinner with the family. Muslum is super friendly and energetic and helpful to everyone I noticed. He was very knowledgeable about the area too. As for the hotel it is definitely a great place to meet travellers as I can tell from experience. I stayed in a dorm room and it was pretty basic but neat and tidy. There was hot shower and A/C / heater too. The breakfast was basic but good enough to feed a hungry tummy. I paid 25TRY per night and will say that the services and facilities were excellent overall.

Note - One suggestion (not a complaint) is to have more power points in the dorms maybe and a more authentic breakfast maybe...I have paid less elsewhere in Turkey and have had a nicer brekky (but not as nice other things as Artemis). Maybe it is the greedy me that wants more for less that makes me say this hehe

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo