“I didn't feel the excellent reviews here”
Review of Artemis Hotel

Artemis Hotel
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Nice location and nice breakfast but nothing exemplary. We arrived in the evening and no one's in the checkin counter. There was no bell but the adjoining room were a few people watching TV. We didn't know if they were staff or guests so we had to wait for a while.

We were given room 204 which, most would think would be on the 2nd floor. It was actually on the 4th floor! But we are not complaining about that. The lone light in the room was too dim to do any reading at night. The flashlight app in my iPhone was brighter. We were surprised that they did not have bath soap/shampoo. In the previous hostels we stayed in had those basics. Stores were already closed because it's already late so we slept feeling a little unclean.

The staff maybe friendly and helpful but I guess we would feel that if we had stayed here more than 2 nights.

5  Thank jmrolls
There are newer reviews for Artemis Hotel

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was the most enjoyable hostel that we stayed in during our 8 weeks of travelling. We intended to stay only 1 night but stayed for 4 because so comfortable and relaxing. It’s in a great location and the rooms are clean and tidy. The best areas are the common room, with TV, computer and comfy couches, and the outside courtyard dining area, where a very healthy and delicious breakfast is served.
We were made to feel very welcome and part of the family. Big thanks to Gabby and Tom

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robyn H
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Selcuk is a small town living under the shadow of the recently developed attraction of Ephasus. We visited here twenty five years ago and it was simply an archeological site before the tourist entrepreneurs got hold of it. However they did not develop Selcuk as most visitors come off cruise ships or stay in Kusadasi or Izmir. Selcuk hotels are local and small and probably much of a muchness. We walked into Artemis because it was near the railway station. We received a friendly reception and were shown to a simple room. It was very clean and the breakfast buffet was lovely. They went out and and bought yoghurt for my wife. It is a lovely local hotel with very nice owners who charge a very reasonable price. We stayed two nights and can recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BrandonDublinIreland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

When we arrived at the bus station in Selcuk, one of the owners approached, was very friendly and helpful and we decided to stay for two nights. It is very centrally located, close to restaurants, cafes and a byzantine aqueduct, and only a few blocks from the bus station. The area outside the hotel is a bit scruffy but apparently will soon be rebuilt and should look good. The accommodation is basic and clean and the staff is great.

2  Thank John G
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My friend and I stayed 4 nights at Artemis. We had a comfortable time there. When we arrived at Selcuk from Bozccada, we were greeted by one of the hotel owners and then picked up by Tom.

The hotel has a great location,very clean. The bed is the most comformtable one I slept ever in Turkey. The most important, the staff family is very nice,friendly and helpful. Tom is a very funny guy, and also the other guys, and Tom's very cute nephews. We have a nice time with this family. It is jut like home.

2  Thank Helen H
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had no plan when I landed at the bus station in Ephesus. I met a couple at the bus station and they liked this place so I walked with them to this hotel. I wanted to book a flight to leave the next day and the staff was very friendly and tried to find the cheapest flight for me back to Istanbul. I used Turkish Airlines before but they recommended AtlasJet and OnurAirlines which both have free pick up shuttle to Izmir airport (65km away) and much cheaper than Turkish airlines (offers no shuttle).
The owner is a young couple who is very friendly and will answer all your questions happily. They also pointed to me a good restaurant and how to walk to the Temple of Artemis and other tourist destinations. It is in a very convenient location. I had hot water and the room was clean.
It is a budget hotel but the service is better than some of the 4 star hotels I stayed in Turkey.
I would stay here again if returned to Ephesus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Nga D
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I came to Selcuk with no plans and luckily when we got off the bus we were greeted by one of the hotel owners and he walked us to the hotel and got us settled in! It's in a great location, the owners are incredibly helpful and it's definitely a family-run establishment. We were offered a ride to Ephesus and when we needed suggestions on where to go or where to eat, they gave us great budgeted options. I only wished we had stayed longer because it felt like a second home in Turkey. I hope I can return one day and I'm sure I'll be introduced with the same hospitality. When you go, ask if they'll do a cookout for the guests! The food was fantastic!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends