“Beautiful pieces and amazing hospitality”

Sultan Jewellery &Fine Handmade Ceramic Art
Ranked #4 of 23 Shopping in Selcuk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: My brother and I have been in Selcuk since 1997, starting in ethnic art such as kilims, carpets, and textiles. Five years ago, as a result of the earthquake in the city of Van, my uncle sent his inventory of jewelry to Selcuk. I began a jewelry business, which has since then included fine ceramics and lamps. I enjoy meeting people from all over the world and providing them with beautiful handcrafted goods to remind them of their visit to wonderful Turkey.
Istanbul, Turkey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful pieces and amazing hospitality”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The pieces here are absolutely beautiful, there's a wide variety to choose from but everything in the shop has been carefully selected and there are many stories to hear behind these items. Enis is extremely hospitable. You will leave with an appreciation for the culture and history in addition to a uniquely relaxing shopping experience in Turkey. Be sure to visit the shop and meet Enis - you will leave with cool jewelry and a new friend!

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“BEST place for jewelry and making a new friend in Turkey!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Selcuk for 3 days, and we met Enis at his shop on the first day. Over the course of our stay we were treated to many cups of tea at his shop, entertained by wonderful stories about travelers he has met, his own experiences aquiring his beautiful and old jewelry pieces, and life in Turkey. Enis is our wonderful new friend, but was also a great guide - giving us al the best recommendations (including Ejder Restaurant, which was my favorite food in Turkey, and to visit the Greek town Şirince, which was so beautiful!).
Besides the warm hospitality, Enis' pieces were truly beautiful and unique. He has many of his own designs, as well as those based on traditional turkish jewelry, and old pieces which he has aquired from all around Turkey. Enis knows the story behind each piece in his shop, this is saying a lot because trust me (I touched them all) - there are thousands. And is a wonder to listen and learn about. Even when I asked about the stones in one bracelet, he opened up a big book of jewels and seemed thrilled to teach me all about each stone in the piece. I bought more jewelry from Enius than I have ever bought from one place, or even in one trip, in my life, and I cherish each piece both as a beauty in itself and as a memory of my time getting to know Turkey and its people from a super-kind local. Also, I forgot one piece in Enis' shop and he was so gracious and immediate in mailing it to his sister shop in Istanbul (where I was) the next day.
It would be a mistake to not visit Enis and his special shop!

Visited December 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Authentic gifts, jewelry and hospitality”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The owner, Enis, has cultivated quite the atmosphere and collection of items in this delightful Selcuk shop. There is a wide variety of gifts and unique pieces to remind you of your time in Turkey, from small inexpensive items, to beautiful lamps and fine jewelry. A specialty of the shop is the selection of items from Eastern Turkey and specifically the region of Lake Van, where Enis is from.

It is not unusual to walk by and see customers that have become friends enjoying tea or breakfast together in the shop. That is a tribute to the welcoming atmosphere (not pushy or aggressive) and engaging personality of Enis, as well as his brother, Marco, who runs a two fine shops nearby.

It can be overwhelming to shop in Turkey because of the pushy nature of shop owners and the number of options. I would recommend seeking out Sultan Jewelry & Fine Handmade Ceramic Arts while in Selcuk, not only for an enjoyable shopping experience, but also for a cultural lesson/experience as well. You are likely to leave having established a new friendship to carry with you (along with your gifts!). And while you are there, you'll probably want to visit his brother's shops nearby for gorgeous textiles, carpets and kilims. Marco's passion for kilims is contagious.

Visited November 2013
Milan, Italy
“Turkey in a store”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

All the turkish tradition and atmosphere in precious, refined and original objects handicraft. A unique combination that reflects the spirit of the owner Enis , hospitable, friendly, competent, who love his land and his work. Here you will not be attacked, but hosted, you will feel at home, and between sips of real apple tea you can enjoy beautiful and antique jewelry you will not find anywhere else, beautiful ceramics and colored fabrics, all topped off by the stories of those who knows what sells and what does!
If you go to Selcuk you can't miss the appointment with this shop, only if you go here you can say you have seen Turkey!

Visited August 2013
Chelsea, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Come for the cats, stay for the art.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I lived in Istanbul for 3 years and after all the traveling and bartering and shopping, Ennis and Marco's store holds a special place in my memory. I initially went in to play with 3 Van kittens who were using the rolled up and stacked carpets as climbing frames. I stayed because the carpets were the most beautiful collection I had seen in any shop. I went back to Selcuk a couple of times to visit Ennis and thanks to him I have a deeper appreciation of Turkish culture and art. If you are looking for a small piece of Turkey to bring home with you, and you are wanting a break from all your hiking around Ephesus then I highly recommend a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Visited December 2012