“Izmir, Tour Ephesus, Virgin Mary's House, St John Bazilica, Artemis Temple”

Ephesus Plus Tours Izmir / Private Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 29 Tours in Selcuk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide private,tailor made quality shore excursions and tours to historical sites on the west coast of Turkey -Ephesus, Kusadasi, Izmir- and Istanbul which include professional lecturer by our experienced guides.
Gold Coast
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Izmir, Tour Ephesus, Virgin Mary's House, St John Bazilica, Artemis Temple”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

September 2013 While cruising the Medierranean we booked a private tour with guide Ercan Gayret to visit Ephesus, Virgin Mary's House, St John Bazilica and Artemis Temple. Ercan was waiting with the vehicle and driver at the port and he gave us a faboulous tour of the above and lunch was included for the price of 125usd each. This tour was far superior to the cruise line tours where you are with 40 people and the guide has to explain everything in 4 languages and by the time they get to english the bus has past the point of interest. There were only two of us with driver and guide in a 10seater air conditioned bus and we were able to make a quick departure from the dock before the cruise tours started. I would recomment Private tours, when I emailed my initial enquiry they replied promptly and all went to plan and we arrived back in time to catch our ship.

Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sultankoy Hand Made Rugs”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

You must not miss visiting this charming farm and having a picturesque and delicious lunch under the pine trees! The whole visit was a perfect surprise. Very friendly staff, food, wine, beer, and very interesting demonstration of the rugs. We did buy one, as it is impossible to resist. They serve you all types of beverages and somehow you just don't walk away empty handed. I have heard that other places are a fraud, but this one you can trust!

Mt Vernon, NY
“Ephesus”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow these ruins were unbelievable. To see how people lived thousands of years ago was mind blowing. I enjoyed that tour and I was sorry I was only in Turkey for a day I could have stayed longer. People are very friendly and the shopping was GR8!!!

Visited October 2012
Callala Bay Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“wow”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Incredible is the only word to use for these ruins. The scope is amazing and our guide George was so enlightening of the history. Its a long walk, slippery at times, wear a hat and sunscreen and take water. You won't be disappointed. There is so much to see and marvel over yet only 10 percent of the site has been uncovered . I wouldn't take young children and definitely no strollers.

Winnipeg, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A beautiful Surprise”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was probably my favorite tour I took on my cruise. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and they had bought our entrance tickets ahead of time, which reduced the waiting times.
There was a lot of walking and not a lot of shaded areas to hide in but if you bring lots of water and sunscreen you won't be disappointed. The Terrace Houses are a must. They are well preserved and you get a true feeling of what it was like to live back in those times.
The Temple of Artemis was only a column but in the same view you see how back them a temple, a church, and a mosque can all exist in the same area.