My family stayed here for 6 nights after 6 nights in a posh hotel in Istanbul. Obviously, you don't expect the same kind of accommodation in a town of 30,000 as one of 12 million, when the rooms were 40% of the price of my Istanbul apartment,
We had a 4 bed deluxe room in the front of the hotel. The noise of the mosque was lessened by double-glazing (and didn't wake us up, although frankly, if you find the 5 calls to prayer daily to be intrusive you probably shouldn't visit Turkey).
The room was fine, cleaned daily, air conditioned and had a big clean bathroom. The location was brilliant - a 5 minute walk to the bus station, from which it was 3 TL to Ephesus (5 mins) on the dolmus, and 15 mins to the beautiful Pamucak beach which has white sands and wasn't even crowded on the first day of Eid, and which has shallow water so is very safe for kids.
The owners were very helpful. I called to arrange a taxi from Izmir airport to Selcuk (about 45 mins) and was told that it would be 50 Euro, but not to bother as Onur Air had a free shuttle from the airport (this was hard to find, but they did so the 4 of us were brought to Selcuk for free). Ahmet's recommendation for Pamucak beach (Citak beach cafe) was very good - reasonably priced snacks and drinks, £5 day to use their beach umbrellas and sunbeds and, on leaving, the owner gave free tea and phoned the dolmus driver to pick us up. (We looked at the swimming pool which looked a bit folorn outside their old building, but never used it; why would you when the beauty of Pamucak beach is 10 mins away?)
Ahmet also recommended his barber who gave me a proper Turkish shave for less than other barbers had quoted me (5 TL).
The only trivial complaint I'd make is that the breakfast buffet (which was otherwise simple but filling and fresh) had the weakest coffee I've ever tasted. Put some more coffee grounds in there, Ahmet!
We'd stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Jimmy's Place" (formerly "Artemis Guest House - Jimmy's Place") moved to a much better building & location in 2005. 2006 saw renovations: specially-designed 'boutique' deluxe rooms through to budget rooms- something for EVERY traveller! Elevator, central heating, A/C, PRIVATE swimming pool, restaurant with experienced chef, Travel Desk with qualified travel agent, & the biggest and best travel library on Turkey you will find anywhere! Get the most from your visit to Selcuk ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Jimmy's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jimmy`s Place Hotel Selcuk
- Jimmys Place Selcuk
- Jimmys Place Hotel Selcuk