“Great Value”

Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Selcuk
Red Deer, Canada
“Great Value”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Another great place that we stayed. We stayed on the 4th floor with our room overlooking the mosque, it never woke me up for the 4 am call to prayer probably becuase I was so exhausted from the day's activities. The room was large and very clean. All the guys there were extremely friendly and helpful. The location was excellent as we were able to walk everywhere. The pool was not opened yet so I can't comment on that. The only thing I did not like was the hard push we got on arrival for booking tours, before we even checked in. To be fair we had this pretty much every where we stayed in Turkey(except Istanbul).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We visited Turkey for the 1st time this summer. My brother-in-law booked Jimmy's Place based upon location and reviews and it was the best. Stepping in to register we were given tea and made to feel important. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast buffet great but it's the ambience (and Jimmy) that make the place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ian W
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed fives days at Jimmy's Place and really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are very big and rather clean. The staff is very nice and helps to make you feel at ease. As they didn't had a baby cot for our baby, they arranged the beds so that our baby could sleep safely in a single bed next to us. She really enjoyed it because of the place she had for crawling. Breakfast is quit good, same standard as what we had in other places. We really liked Selcuk and enjoyed spending more than 1-2 night there. There is a lot to visit around and it is worth it to do more than Ephesus (we especially like Prienus and Didyme).

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed at Jimmy's for two nights while at Selcuk. The rooms were large and comfortable with a mimi-fridge in the room. It was clean and overall well kept. Jimmy is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good but not great. Selcuk is a small town so everything is accessible. Jimmy's is right next to the mosque, making it easy to find. It's also very close to the bus station and pretty close to the train station, very walkable even with a big back pack.

Realize that this is more of a backpacker/independent traveler type of hotel. This is not a Marriott or Hilton kind of place. It's a budget choice and provides a great value (especially compared to Istanbul).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I don't like writing bad reviews but when I read "Beautiful Room, Great Location" or "Great Rooms" or "Clean, honest, and friendly" I feel like I have to same something. I also subtracted a star to balance out overly enthusiastic reviewers. I come to use tripadvisor to get honest reviews to help me evaluate my trips to make them the best possible. I feel misled by the reviews for Jimmy's Place. The place is okay and I guess average for Selcuk, but come on now... let's not exaggerate!

The staff is pretty friendly except for one old looking fellow that never has a smile on his face. He checked us in. We has previously confirmed by email a reservation. He had no idea what we were talking about. Everything worked out because they had a ton of empty rooms but I don't want to take a chance like this when I am travelling. This is not okay.

When we got to our room there was hair on the bed comforter and hair in the sink and on the floor of the bathroom. I wasn't expecting 4 star accomidations but this is not okay. Who wrote that this is a clean place on review? It look clean enough from the pictures and it's been renovated but someone elses' hair is not okay. Especially on my bed, doesn't give me confidence that they actually change the sheets. I had to ask for extra sheets just to lay over old sheets and cover the comforter.

The breakfast is just okay, typical Turkish breakfast but mostly cold foods and soft boiled egg and cereal. Someone reviewed said it was really good, again another exagerrated response.

It is in a close location to all the walking streets and where all the restaurants are but Selcuk is a small town, everything is pretty close to everything.

I also have a feeling that he tells everyone that they are getting an upgraded room but I looked into the other rooms (they leave them open when unoccupied) and mine was average size at best, definitely much larger rooms.

Overall, it an okay place, you get what you pay for but with people giving way too many exagerrated reviews.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank wesisbest
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2012

5 friends and I stayed here for 1 night in April. The location is right in the center of downtown Selcuk, convenient to everything including excellent restaurants and shops. Like most hotels in Turkey, they prefer cash payment (but might accept credit cards with 3% surcharged). Rooms are beautifully appointed, comfortable and very clean. The elevator is a bit tiny but 1 or 2 people with luggage can fit in, and staircase is broad. The proprietor sells rugs in a gallery at the back of the main floor, good value and big selection. Owner recommended several excellent restaurants in the area. This hotel is very convenient to Ephesus and transportation hubs.

Room Tip: We stayed in Deluxe rooms - very beautiful, and they had nice little balconies. Standard rooms seem...