“Jimmy's Place is the perfect place for budget travelers”
Review of Belis Konuk Evi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Selcuk
Belis Konuk Evi
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed December 1, 2011

While visiting a friend in Istanbul recently, I decided to take a last-minute trip to Selcuk/Ephesus via bus. After a long, overnight bus, I found Jimmy's Place easily, a 3-minute walk from the bus station. I was greeting kindly and advised there was a tour departing soon, if I cared to join. I quickly threw my luggage in the room and was whisked away to see the ruins of Ephesus, house of the Virgin Mary, and the Temple of Artemis (one of 7 Ancient Wonders). What an incredible day! Make sure you also check out St. John's Church (walking distance) as well. The tour had a carpet/leather sales stop so tell your group to say "no" when they ask if interested (hotel didn't run tour, just recommended it). At Jimmy's the rooms were simple but comfortable. Not noisy at all, and the showers were updated with hot water. They have an amazing collection of tourist guides, historical documents, and informative resources and free computer terminal in the lobby. They even whipped me up some local cuisine despite being the only guest in the lobby/restaurant area. The fireplace is nice in colder months, and they also have a nice deck out front. You are very close to restaurants, bank ATMs, pharmacy, and other necessities, and the free breakfast was more than I expected - probably 10-12 items to enjoy with your Turkish tea or coffee. Great staff, location, owner, and food - what more do you need? They made the long journey to and from there bearable, and I highly recommend Ephesus as a side, albeit long, trip from Istanbul (about 9 hrs. by bus, look into flights which may be priced similarly, depending on season). If you are into history, religious pilgrimages, or seeing the ancient wonders, this is a great place to visit and stay. Rhodes/Bodrum is not too far by car/train if you want to see another one of the ancient ruins in the same trip!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bdouble

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I and my friends stayed here for 2 nights in a triple room. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is well located, really close to the bus station, train station, and the city center. Ephesus museum and other historical sites are reachable just within a walking distance.

The bathroom was nice, and surprisingly very spacious! Hot water is available, with a bathtub inside, which was really helpful to get relaxed after some excursions to the surrounding cities. This hotel would be a good place to stay if you are planning to go around Selcuk, Ephesus, Kusadasi, even we stayed here one more night after we visited Pamukkale limestone terrace.

This hotel has a small cafe, but since we were really curious about local foods that the places we stay have, we tried Gozleme in the nearby city center. However, the breakfast in the hotel was nice, a typical of Turkish breakfast (Kahvalti). The staffs were nice and helpful. I would confidently recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank rani l
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed at Jimmy's Place, which is a hotel near the famous Ephesus ruins, at short notice as we backpacked around the area. The welcome and service was genuine, without being a sales exercise. Jimmy and his wife, with staff, we're genuine, not pushy, and pleased to help; they also possess a good grasp of the English language. Clean and welcoming rooms, decorated in the local style, with a restaurant (if you choose to eat there) that is great. Even forgetting to return my key was not a big issue, which was posted back from the UK.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Cobblers71
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Adem, Jimmy's brother, is fabulous. He helped me plan a trip to Cappadocia and some day trips and was very nice and helpful. All the staff was wonderful and quite hospitable. The hotel is simple and very clean in a great location. You can walk there from the bus and it is only a few blocks from the center of town which is quite lovely with restaurants under the aquaduct. I loved Selcuk because it was a real town with real families and everyday Turkish life. The food was great and its locaiton to Ephesus can't be beat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank washingtonDCGreta
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Jimmy's Place was a great base from which to check out the sights of Selçuk and Ephesus. Centrally located, and within easy reach of the station, it also had excellent, friendly and helpful staff who knew a lot about the local area, and were always eager to help. The room was good and spacious too - the only downside was that it was perhaps a bit noisy. This wouldn't stop me from highly recommending it though.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank blenderovski
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Jimmy’s Place got on my good side right away when Jimmy himself greeted me the moment I arrived. He’s a solid, interesting guy (with superior English skills) who clearly holds his hotel to a high standard. My room was warm, clean, and spacious, and had the most comfortable bed I can remember. It also had a balcony overlooking a town square – nice! As a bonus, my room was virtually soundproofed: I definitely heard the call to prayer from across the street, but never the other guests. The lobby holds open shelves of useful travel guides, many created and compiled by the staff; between them and useful travel expert Adem I braved my first Turkish bath. Highly recommended for travelers to Ephesus – and you might even enjoy an extra night to chill in Selcuk, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank The_Boarder_Line
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Rooms: big, very clean, bright and comfortable! Nice king bed, huge bathroom, great shower, flat screen tv and free wireless. Plus tea and coffee making facilities!

Staff: Warm, helpful, kind, friendly! They are ready to provide any travel arrangement you may need. Relaxed as Turkish are :) Personalized attention. Fluent English spoken.

Location: central. Within walking distance to the main attractions.

Dinner: good. Prepared on demand. We arrived late in the evening. However, they prepared us a really tasty meal.

Breakfast: just ok.

The hotel is attractively decorated, full of charm and character.
Would go back and recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends