All reviews the owner turkey short walk ceramic tiles reception area st john's basilica free transport the ground floor the bus bella erdal ephesus suitcases olives laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019

Ignore the poor review—must’ve meant to review another hotel, for this one is lovely. Newly renovated rooms, opened again just this year (so the Kimberly J review is inaccurate, since the hotel Just re-opened after 2 years—renovation). All rooms feature hand-carved beds, gorgeous bathrooms and lovely tiles decorate the rooms. Owner Nazmi is a fabulous host. Located just across the street from the Church of St. John. Will definitely be back!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2019

Enjoyed dinner in the terrace/outdoor dining area, which was delightful! Outdoor fountain area was delightful and rooms are spectacular! Reception area has a fireplace, and all rooms are decorated with tasteful hand carved walnut and numerous ceramic tiles! Spectacular decor!!! Nazmi has spared no expense with making this the ultimate Turkish experience. He will be your friend for life!!!!!

Room tip: Room with a view would be great....second story.
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Superb hotel. I hated leaving it. Gorgeous traditional decor. Impeccable housekeeping. Spotlessly clean. Such a wonderful atmosphere. It was cold on our first day and there was a fire light in the gorgeous reception area. Great breakfast. The host was so helpful and friendly. Free transport to Ephesus each morning from his other beautiful hotel the Bella ,a short walk away. One of the nicest hotels in which I have ever stayed. And blissfully quiet. Great view from the terrace the smell of the orange blossom from the terrace was magical.
I was wondering why there were so few recent reviews about the hotel. It was because it was closed for two years due to the downturn in tourism in Turkey in recent years. Thankfully it has reopened.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

I stayed for two nights in March 2019. The host made me feel very welcome, spoke excellent English, and assisted the bus driver negotiating the cobbled streets to collect my luggage late at night and then offered me a couple of free glasses of homemade wine, cheeses and olives as a snack.

The room was warm and comfortable and decorated in traditional Ottoman style with intricate pieces. I was offered a room on the top floor overlooking the adjacent valley and could even see Artemis tower from my bedroom door!
Breakfast were plentiful and fresh ingredients, coffee eggs made to liking with a selection of breads, coffees, dips olives etc.

The following night was pouring with rain and the owner actually drove me into town to a restaurant and arranged collect, again in the rain me when I was finished.

The owner again drove me to and from Ephesus, lent me his personal guide book, offered me an umbrella so early that I beat all the toru buses and actually had the entire site to myself for the first half hour or so- amazing really to think of it. There was no need at all to hire a guide and I could spend far longer at my own pace then.

It is also only a 200m walk to St John's basilica and from there only another 200m up the hill to a wonderful Selcuk castle on top of the hill. The view from here actually shows where the sea once was located at the bottom of Ephesus about 2000 years ago but it has silted up now and is about 8km inland.

A wonderful experience and a big thank you to the very generous host, Erdal!

Room tip: Ask for an upstairs room overlooking the valley and the courtyard below.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TouristMarch2019
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

the staff were rude and un helpful. our air conditioning wasn't working and they said there was nothing they could do. customer service was pathetic and the food was bad. I would not recommend anybody to visit and I shall not be retu
rning