“it is History”

$117.03*
Archaeological Ephesus Tour from Kusadasi Port
$50.00*
and up
Best of Ephesus Tour From Kusadasi: Temple of Artemis, St John Basilica, Isa...
Ranked #5 of 56 things to do in Selcuk
More attraction details
Owner description: This important museum displays the pieces found in and around the ruins of Ephesus. Prior to World War II, discoveries were taken to a museum in Vienna.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

it's a great place to go when you are traveling to Izmir or Kusadasi
it's not very far from both of them 80Km from Izmir.
full of sculptures and buildings like Athens attractions.
it was great.
take some water with you.\start from the top.
it will take about 2 to 3 hours to visit it completely.
for the museum you have to pay extra
I didnt go there but I just visited the area. and it was very nice.
try to go there in the morning or in the afternoon since it's going to be very hot when it's sunny specially summer.

There are newer reviews for Ephesus Museum

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was skeptical about the place. I did not believe my friends when they told me that there are still buildings erected, and you can just walk as if it was still a proper city.

But, being there and seeing it myself confirmed this. Indeed, the ancient city is impressive, not only because of the buildings (or better parts of them) that still stand (like the Temple of Hadrian facade, library facade, the two open air theaters) but also because of the feelings it gave me.

Sitting on the top stairs at the big open air theater (the one that is closer to the main entrance) gave me an excellent birds eye view on the city. Especially, when looking into the direction of the see you can see the old harbor street (that connects the theater with the harbor). There were so many people on it, that it made me feel that the city is still alive.

All in all, the city is a must visit.

Btw, don't forget to bargain with the souvenir shop owners! This is a local practice (all over Turkey)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

OK, you're renovating and expanding, but why not do what many museums do and leave one room open with at least a few examples or have an alternative locale with a select exhibition? Very disappointed.

1  Thank SingaporeGirl
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you want to visit Ephesus, take Izmir Basmane train the 90 kilometers to Selcuk, about 10 damn dollars. Taxis are available from the lovely station which has an outdoor cafe, you could walk to Ephesus ( Efes) iin about 35 minutes. Taxi fares are fixed at 20 TL, that's less than 10 dollars though the two taxi guys we spoke to were pretty grumpy, lol.
You'll need two hours to get around the site, don't forget the huge amphitheater. Without the 15 TL audio aid you probably won't know what you're looking at so at least one of your party should get one. There are explanatory notice boards but these only scratch the surface. Yeah, bring your camera.

1  Thank MARTIN H
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Apart from the vast number of people who were there, this is a fascinating place to visit. We were advised to go to one entrance and catch a taxi (or should I say speedway car) to the other entrance so we only had to walk one way. This was a good idea but we had to ask the driver more than once to slow down. The ruins made me think that they had some pretty amazing planners and builders way back then. If I was going again I'd try and get there a bit earlier (to avoid the crowds) but a seriously fantastic experience.