Urkmez Hotel
Hotel Bella(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
$45
Hotel Kalehan(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
$59
Richmond Ephesus Resort(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
$78
Hotel Nazar(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
$48
Nur Pension(Selcuk)(Great Value!)
$21
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed at the Urkmez for a week, we booked on the basis of other reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. We ended up with horrific flight delays on the way there eventually arriving at 4.30am at the hotel. We'd managed to email Juju to let him know that there were problems, and bless them - there was a driver waiting to collect us at Oh-My-God o'clock! Jimmy even managed a smile when we got him out of bed to check us in!! Our stay was pretty perfect really - we had no set plans for our week but Jimmy and Juju sorted us out with tours to the important sites, and even a day pass at a nearby hotel with a pool when we expressed an interest in a lazy day. The rooms are basic but so clean your Mum would be proud and they are all air conditioned. The breakfasts are great, the terrace is brilliant for relaxing and mixing with other guests and the brothers show films and have football nights up there on the big screen. One of the things that we found most useful whilst there was the wifi - in reception and on the terrace, probably in most of the rooms as well. We had iphones with us so didn't need the use of the guest laptop on the terrace, (they'll let you use the one in reception too if you need it) but we saw lots of other guests using that with no issues. I'm pretty pickie about where I stay .... but I'd go back there without a second thought.

1  Thank SgB-iom
Reviewed September 20, 2009

The location is perfect, centre of town.

The owners of this place went well out of the way to help us. They helped translate at a pharmacy to get me medication, also drove us to Ephesus as a complimentary service and invited us to a rooftop bbq at the hotel.

I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 19, 2009

It's true, the service is extraordinary at the Urkmez. Quite a few steps beyond the ordinary or what would be necessary just to get by and be professional. Juju, Jimmy, and the rest of the staff are professional and more than that--genuinely kind, funny, interesting, engaging, and friendly. It's really easy to ask for things if you need them. The hotel itself is ordinary and basic budget accomodations--it's the service that makes it special. Just an aside, the Internet did not reach our room even though just one floor above the office so we had to use our computers on the rooftop. Selcuk is a peaceful little town, BTW, I really enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed September 19, 2009

Recently I had the pleasure of spending 3 weeks in Selcuk studying at the Crisler Library through UCSB. I had read the reviews of the hospitality at the Urkmez Hotel and decided I should stay there. I can only say that they exceeded my expectations on every level. Juju and Jimy are the best hosts I have ever encountered in my travels. Kind and considerate, they are the smartest businessmen because they understand how important it is that their customers are happy, and they spare nothing to make this happen. I loved my room, spacious, light, simple but very clean with my new favorite amenity: remote control A/C (try it, you will like it!). My fellow students staying at another hotel found their hotel staff was not nearly as kind or accommodating. When Juju and Jimy say you come as a guest and leave as a friend, I would say you leave as family. As a single woman, I felt safe and happy knowing I was at their hotel. Breakfast was fresh and the best I had in Turkey..another rare find.. they have filtered coffee, most others offer nescafe. The view, gorgeous from the balcony , a castle view if you can believe it. I was a Princess at the Urkmez Hotel and I can only thank Juju, Jimy and Baba and their staff for this. Pricing fair, food amazing, views and hospitality never ending. They were kind and welcoming to my fellow students, inviting them to visit anytime and hosting a variety of activities: soccer games on a big screen (go Turkey!!!), movies, music, and meeting interesting people from all over the world on the terrace. Thank you for an amazing 3 weeks, and I will be back again FOR SURE!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This hotel was the best one we found during our trip around Turkey as far as the atmosphere and service is concerned. It is a family run bussiness and one can feel as at home, especially thanks to the wonderful evening events organized every night on the roof terrace (movies, grill, karaoke & all that stuff together with animation). We met there very nice people from all around the world. And they taught us how to play backgammon :-)

The room we got was simple but very romantic, with A/C, balkony, TV. The breakfasts were very tasty and plentiful with a great view on the castle.

From the hotel one can book different trips, we took one to Pammukkale, but were a bit dissapointed by the crowd and lack of atmosphere. Ephesus, on the other hand, is beautiful and a must to see. You can get there by foot (about 40 mins walk) or ask Juju (the owner) and go there by car visiting the St Mary's house on your way. Don't miss the visit in the ruins of St John's cathedral in Selcuk, which is great for taking pictures and much less crowded than Ephesus. Opposite to the hotel is a hammam (Turkish bath) - another must to do for only 25 YTL. My husband loved the shaving done by Selcuk's barber (very cheap!).

If you are looking for some nice place to stay close to Ephesus - go to Urkmez Hotel, you definitely won't regret.

Thank you Juju - we really enjoyed our stay with you!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple