“At last, a husband friendly store!”

Moon Light Souvenir Silver Shop
Ranked #1 of 23 Shopping in Selcuk
Hobart
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“At last, a husband friendly store!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I experienced Moonlight Souvenir because of the kindness of the proprietor. I needed a quiet place to call my bank and Julia gladly allowed me to use a quiet room in her shop.

It is the first "husband friendly" shop I've been in. Whilst my wife took her time looking at the products for sale, I and another husband were rested and watered (Julia's husband brought out comfortable chairs and cups of tea). There was no pressure, no hassling, just a genuine welcome and some pleasant conversation.

I recommend Julia and her products to Selcuk visitors.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
“#1 Store and a Good Friend”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We've known Hulya and been shopping at her store since 2004. Hulya's Place is always one of our first stops when we get to Selcuk whether we're interested in shopping or not. Mostly, we just want to reconnect with a kind-hearted, hospitable (and honest!) friend. But Moonlight is also my #1 souvenir shop because I know that I can count on the quality of her merchandise coupled with very fair prices. If I find things for less, I also soon discover that the quality of the less expensive item is MUCH less. Our trips to Turkey are usually for a month, and I'd prefer to wait until the end to shop so I don't have to carry extra items all around the country. However, even though Selcuk is our first stop, it has become our shopping stop, thanks to Hulya.

Maitland
“Julia the owner makes shopping in Selçuk a pleasure!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

After a long day in Ephesus my wife & I strolled past Moon Light Souvenir's & Silver Shop. We had grown weary of constantly being targeted to enter someone's store. Julia, the owner, was a breath of fresh air. She greeted us with warmth and put no pressure on us to buy anything. In fact she cleaned my wife's ring before we even entered the shop. Her prices are fair and clearly marked. She is very knowledgeable & not pushy. I feel I made a new friend and we got several nice items from her store.

Visited June 2014
Tweed Heads, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great gift shop”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very reasonable prices without the need to bargain too hard. There is a great range of gifts and Julia is very friendly.

1 Thank petti
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A skillful seller”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was in the shop of Julia on 1st May. To be honest, she is a good seller with good sense of humor. She knows how to sell her stuffs. She has a nice collection of suzani, ceramic, jewelry. And her cat is charming, attractive. For tourists who don't have a lot of time to do shopping, The Moonlight shop may be a nice choice. However as I spent quite a lot of time in many shops in Turkey and also spent time to talk with sellers (as i love to talk with people and when I buy a stuff, I always would like to know more about culture or stories. And in Turkey, I really love the way they sell stuffs like turkish delight or ceramic or jewelry), I found that Julia is not warm as they often mention in this forum (feel like home, for example). I'm quite surprise that she won the first prize in tripadvisor, because I met in my Turkish trip quite a lot of sellers who are definitely better than her. For me, she is a skillful seller. However it's ok for me, as of course we are just a tourist.

3 Thank quynhmv