“Hassle free shopping, great selection & price”

Moon Light Souvenir Silver Shop
Ranked #1 of 23 Shopping in Selcuk
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hassle free shopping, great selection & price”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Recently I visited Moon light in Selcuk. My family were greeted with a warm welcome and enjoyed the shopping trip very much. Julia the manager speaks fluent English and is full of local knowledge and is very happy to help you. Our souvenirs were good quality and cheaper than other prices we had been quoted. We would highly recommend shopping at Moon light. Hassle free & holiday fun.

1 Thank Boneym777

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Owner should win an Oscar for her performance.”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I really really do not understand how this shop has such a high rating on TA.

From the moment you enter the shop the owner begins her fake sales pitch and I am very surprised how many people think she is the real deal.

I had been in many shops previous to this all around Turkey so had a good idea of prices and what to look for. I feel Moon Light's prices are outrageous - even with the 50% discount for cash scam.

At the end of the day, if you feel happy with the price paid for your purchase it doesn't really matter what it cost, but I think it is naive for people to rate this shop so high.

Be warned - the lady owner's attitude and demeanor quickly changes if challenged.

Cheers

Cooperellie

8 Thank cooperellie
368julia, Sahibi at Moon Light Souvenir Silver Shop, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your opinion but I must ask how you can review a business that you have only ever been inside for 5 minutes ? I have spent the last 20 years building this business ( since I was 19!) which is my life and as an independent turkish business woman I am greatly offended by your comments. As you can see, I have 175 positive reiews on TA and only 2 negative (both from you and your daughter). I am always honest with my customers, that is why I have such a high ratings on TA and within 13 different guide books of Turkey. I appologise if my honest pricing of genuine turkish goods has offended you and your daughter. But... Please take your negativity somewhere else! You are always welcome back to my shop and to our hospitable Country.

Kind Regards,
Julia ( Hulya) Owner Manager of Moonlight Souvenir Silver Shop
Winner of the 2013 and 2014 Certificate of Excellence :)
Sydney, Australia
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Friendly honest service”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Julia was a delight to deal with. Her prices were very reasonable and she was genuine and honest in describing her goods and very fair in pricing. She is a friendly and outgoing person who makes you feel as much a friend as a customer. Loved the apple tea while we browsed. Strongly recommended.

1 Thank Principaltraveller52
san francisco
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best shopping experience in Turkey!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I absolutely love this store. 5 stars for Julia! she is the most amazing store owner I came across in Turkey. She was foremost honest, helpful and fun to chat with. Her husband and her cat were all very pleasant. Her store has everything if not more. As a careful shopper, I like the best value for my money. At her store, my fiance and I loaded up on souvenirs that we couldn't find anywhere else. I miss her Apple tea she shared with us. I regret not getting a few boxes from her...I was too mentally consumed by all the other beautiful items she has in the store. But I will be sending in a friend who's going there next week to get me some. :) She also introduced us to her neighbor's restaurant for a tasty dinner on our first night and helped us order food (we had no idea what to order). She also helped us save money by offering us to borrow her Ephesus guidebook. She is truly amazing and we learned quite a bit from her. Thank you Julia! The Smart Dentist will be sending friends to your shop!

1 Thank cheekyliu
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice shopping in Selcuk”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

That is a place must visit in selcuk, if u love shopping or planning to buy souvenirs for family or relatives. The price is reasonable.
Julia is so friendly and lovely.

1 Thank Leephei