“More than just the li'l shop around the corner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 23 Shopping in Selcuk
Amanzimtoti, South Africa
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“More than just the li'l shop around the corner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The minute one steps into Moon Light Souvenir Silver Shop, one is transported into souvenir heaven! The delightful Julia, proprietor of Moon Light, welcomes one in fabulous English and makes one feel immediately at home. Julia explains how she has expanded her shop and one can sense an incredible passion for what she does. And there is no shortage of the most beautiful items in her shop, from colourful decorated lights to amazing jewellery, the latter being her speciality. Then there are so many other keepsakes on offer ... one will need a container to ship everything back home! A true gem in the heart of Selcuk!

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“A wonderful shopping experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was my second trip to the small town of Selcuk and my second time to shop at Julia's store! She has recently expanded making her store lighter and larger, but her hospitality and warmth have not change at all. She is gracious, honest, and kind and I hope our paths cross again one day!

Visited March 2014
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Julia makes shopping in Turkey a treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Moonlight Silver shop has so many items and unlike any shop in the area you are met with a smile and no pressure. While this darling works hard and long, she always makes time for you and while I was there she was making dinner and invited me to join her. It was the most special time of my trip. I love to "know" the culture, really experience it and with Julia you do. I love her as my sister. She has amazing things in her shop and if she didnt have it she went and got it for me. SHE is amazing, and deserves good things to happen for her.

Visit the shop if you are there and if not order by phone...she will make it happen.

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely shop with lasting mementoes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in Selcuk and discovered a lovely jewellery shop belonging to a really friendly lady called Julia who spoke fluent English. I was shopping with my husband for an anniversary gift and came away with several pieces of very unique jewellery & a collection of ceramics which Julia kindly offered to post home. The ceramics actually arrived at our address before we did and now take pride of place in my display cabinet - if you read this thank you Julia!!

Visited November 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best shop in Selcuk <3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

The shop is the best souvenir and jewelry I have ever been in. The owner is so friendly, helpful and she will always tell the true, also if she thinks a jewelry is bad or not good for a customer. The owner and her husband are so good to English, so there will be no mistakes. All the Jewelry and the souvenirs is high Quality, I have many things in my home in Denmark. And I have already plan, to visit the shop again, next time I come to turkey. I you come to Selcuk, you mush visit moonlight silver shop. - To the responsible for bad review: hallo. I don't think your review is true. I want to see documents of the emails you have send Hulya the owner and dates. Make a screen shot. I don't believe you, before you have do that !!!!

Visited August 2013