“Best Shop in Turkey!”

Moon Light Souvenir Silver Shop
Ranked #1 of 23 Shopping in Selcuk
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Three of us stopped into Julia's shop for just a look around but ended up staying there for a couple hours! We purchased beautiful pottery, a coffee set, as well as jewelry she and her husband had made. She even spent the better part of an hour explaining to us how to make proper turkish coffee and tea. I was interested in getting a tea pot to bring back home and she actually left the shop and brought me to were she buys her functional tea pots and the plain clear glasses! She tested my spoons to make sure they were sturdy enough, told me which saucers kept the glasses from sliding and showed me which pot she would recommend! Then she walked my friends and I to the best Kabab place in town while she took my tea pot and glasses and wrapped them for travel! I came back to her shop after dinner to a bubbled wrapped and ready- to- fly tea set!!! She is not only has a wonderful shop but is an incredibly helpful and caring woman as well. Stop by and say hello at the very least!

1  Thank Erin B
in 11 reviews
"stone"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed December 9, 2012

On our first day in Selcuk we were wandering past a gift shop when we saw a beautiful cat curled in a bowl for sale (the bowl, not the cat). While we took a photo the shop's owner Julia came over and introduced us properly to Susu. We talked cats for a few minutes and as we left Julia casually introduced herself as the shop owner... and left it at that.

We immediately decided we liked her :-)

On our last day we dropped in to buy souvenirs. Julia gave us apple tea to drink, explained how her shop was laid out and left us to browse. As we picked out things she'd explain their providence to us. She sells a wide range of good in a wide range of value. From her own designer jewellery to fridge magnets.

When we settled on all our purchases she worked out the prices in Sterling for us so we knew how much we were paying. All items were beautifully wrapped and the ceramics were bubble wrapped.

Oh, and I must mention Julia's lovely husband who kept us supplied with apple tea!

As an aside we saw Julia helping tourists a few times during our stay. She clearly sees herself as an ambassador for her country and displays great pride in showing visitors the best of Turkey.

Frankly, just visit here for all your gift and souvenir needs!

(As another aside, I know Julia reads these: Julia you should get some Selcuk merchandise. There were plenty available with Ephesus on but I'd really like to have a reminder of your lovely town too!)

1  Thank VelvetPresley
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I spent Thanksgiving in Turkey with family that joined me out there. We had 10 days in Turkey and went to Istanbul, and Izmir, which are two big cities with two huge bazaars. As well as Cappadocia which had smaller markets similiar to this little intimate shopping experience in Selcuk. Unexpetantly this shop and Julia, became the BEST shopping area in ALL of Turkey! You wouldnt imagine that this quaint shop would have everything that you could possibly take home from Turkey. Not only that but her prices are honest, there is no need to negotiate, she doesnt haggle you at all. We live in the US and she secured our purchases SO well that it arrived here in our CHECKED in luggage compeltely 100% safe. We had intended to put it in our carry on but totally slipped our minds. We bought two mini turkish lamps, my aunt bought a HUGE one as a chandelier for her home, as well as a medium size one. I bought some silver jewelry, hand painted key chains, along other things. Julia is so warm and so helpful. After doing so much shopping here I was SOO Happy that i randomly stopped in this store, because compartively everything i bought from her felt of better quality, better prices, than anywhere else we went over the 10 day trip. Definitly definitly just go to her shop if you are stopping in this city while you visit Ephesus...you wont find shopping like at this place else-where. Dont let the excitement of the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul excite you- quality isnt as good, it's crowded, and very expensive comparatively AND the merchandise doesnt look as high quality as Julias.

Julia if you are reading this- THANK YOU- the lamps made it, mine and my aunts. I have not hung them up yet, but I will and I will post a picture. Everything I bought from your store will forever have a warm and welcoming place in my home. Thank you for everything. May your store see a lot of success always!

1  Thank Sanastravels
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Although we read the excellent reports about Julia on Trip Advisor, she definitely exceeded all expectations.
Julia is very informative about her products and is extremely patient and caring without being pushy. Nothing is too much trouble and her prices are very fair. She shipped a bowl to Australia which arrived very promptly and was beautifully packed.
She is definitely worth a vist - the best we have dealt with in the 2 weeks we spent travelling in Turkey.
Thank you Julia. It has been a pleasure knowing you.
June & Catherine, Brisbane, Australia