Moon Light Souvenir Silver Shop
Review Highlights
The best place in Turkey for Souvenir shopping

Julia was the best thing that happened to us! She's an amazing lady who owns this amazing shop and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Niru64
Mumbai, India
Stunning souvenir shop

I wanted to bring everything home - a visual delight. Best of all, no pressure to buy, but lovely... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Aegeanantics

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Selcuk
All reviews her husband beautiful jewelry turkey no pressure bought several turkish tea julia hulya gifts moonlight necklace zuzu browse saleswoman tiles embroidered stone
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found this shop by accident while I was walking around the town and looking for souvenirs for my family and friends. My first impression about this place was the character of the shop owner, Julia. She came to talk to me not as a shopkeeper who tried to sell her stuffs but as a consultant to help me find the right gifts for the right ones.

For me, she is more than just a shop owner; she is my Turkish friend. I really want you to have this experience by yourself...

1  Thank WorawanW
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Who doesn't come to Turkey wanting to buy a few gifts or something special and unique as a memento of your travels. The problem? Who can you trust and how do you know what you are buying is authentic?!

My friend and I had been traveling through Turkey for 10 days, and after experiences with leering carpet salesmen, and getting cheated by a site-seeing tour company and various other bracing tourist experiences from Istanbul to Goreme -- finding Julia was a RELIEF!

I was intending to buy a carpet, when my friend wandered into Julia's shop. After hearing Julia explain the sources and wholesalers of her various products—without the hard sell that is standard everywhere else—I ended up buy several gifts for family and friends including a beautiful Kaftan.

If you travel to Selcuk/Efes you must visit Julia!

1  Thank g m
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Julia is one of the nicest shop owners I have ever met. Her style of business is a real pleasure.
She believes you must enjoy your experience and purchase more than the transaction.

Her shop has some great stuff from carpets to jewelry and pottery, now I have been to Istanbul, I wish I had purchased more from her. The prices are so reasonable, we found that even after hard bargining, the prices at the Grand Bazaar were still 2-3 times that of Julias starting price.
Go there, have a tea and a water pipe and see for yourself.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

From the first time you meet owner, Hulya (Julia) Celik you will love this place. Her friendly, no pressure style is very pleasant. She was a delight to meet and talk to, she also has a shop in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, but comes here for the summer. She designs much of her jewelry herself and it was very reasonably priced. She carries quality Turkish items from pottery, tapestries, scarves and lamps. Her shop cat is sure to amuse you as she lays in the large bowls out front of her shop. We will return to Julia's next time we are in Selcuk for the tea, friendship and hospitality

Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Went into this shop with no expectations of buying anything as we were back packing. Walked out with such amazing buys, we are grateful as currently in Istanbul and all prices here are ridiculous! My husband and I are kicking ourselves for not buying more! She is The Best! Not out to cheat or chase your $$... She just wants you to be happy with your purchase and her stories, warms your heart. We are currently disappointed with some of the sales persons here in Istanbul. The cheesy line we dislike, " We are here to spend your money, Haha!" We walk out without hesitation! Buy what you like at Moon Light without hesitation. It is not the money she is after but your satisfaction as she is in it for long term business and friendship.

2  Thank KMSM44