“Great place for a pleasant shopping time”

Moon Light Souvenir Silver Shop
Ranked #1 of 23 Shopping in Selcuk
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I went to Moon light souvenir shop drawn by the positive reviews and I can say they are all accurate but our own experience felt even better. There is a wide range of products from Turkey but the jewellery is what drew or attention. We spent a long time perusing the wide choice of beautiful pieces and Julia's very interesting explanations about the different tradition styles. You don't feel any pressure to buy but you'll probably fall for something such is the diversity of choice and quality of products. Julia has good advice and even made custom earrings for us to match the necklaces we chose, she can do a lot of custom work on demand and it is great to see her at work.
The prices are good, you can find souvenirs for small budget and the silver is sold by the weight : no haggling necessary, you get a full detail on the price and you can be assured that you have a good value for your money and something nice and unique. Julia also made us a good price even though we had to pay by credit card and add taxes to our final price : I really wish I had brought more cash along. We had a good time, not only a good opportunity for shopping. Julia has a shining personality and it is very nice to hear her discuss her business and products. A shop to absolutly visit if you go through Selçuk.

1  Thank Muriel A

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found this shop by accident while I was walking around the town and looking for souvenirs for my family and friends. My first impression about this place was the character of the shop owner, Julia. She came to talk to me not as a shopkeeper who tried to sell her stuffs but as a consultant to help me find the right gifts for the right ones.

For me, she is more than just a shop owner; she is my Turkish friend. I really want you to have this experience by yourself...

1  Thank WorawanW
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Who doesn't come to Turkey wanting to buy a few gifts or something special and unique as a memento of your travels. The problem? Who can you trust and how do you know what you are buying is authentic?!

My friend and I had been traveling through Turkey for 10 days, and after experiences with leering carpet salesmen, and getting cheated by a site-seeing tour company and various other bracing tourist experiences from Istanbul to Goreme -- finding Julia was a RELIEF!

I was intending to buy a carpet, when my friend wandered into Julia's shop. After hearing Julia explain the sources and wholesalers of her various products—without the hard sell that is standard everywhere else—I ended up buy several gifts for family and friends including a beautiful Kaftan.

If you travel to Selcuk/Efes you must visit Julia!

1  Thank g m
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Julia is one of the nicest shop owners I have ever met. Her style of business is a real pleasure.
She believes you must enjoy your experience and purchase more than the transaction.

Her shop has some great stuff from carpets to jewelry and pottery, now I have been to Istanbul, I wish I had purchased more from her. The prices are so reasonable, we found that even after hard bargining, the prices at the Grand Bazaar were still 2-3 times that of Julias starting price.
Go there, have a tea and a water pipe and see for yourself.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

From the first time you meet owner, Hulya (Julia) Celik you will love this place. Her friendly, no pressure style is very pleasant. She was a delight to meet and talk to, she also has a shop in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, but comes here for the summer. She designs much of her jewelry herself and it was very reasonably priced. She carries quality Turkish items from pottery, tapestries, scarves and lamps. Her shop cat is sure to amuse you as she lays in the large bowls out front of her shop. We will return to Julia's next time we are in Selcuk for the tea, friendship and hospitality