“Do it”

No Frills Ephesus Tours
Ranked #4 of 27 Tours in Selcuk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rated Excellent on TripAdvisor & Top Choice on Lonely Planet 2017 - History Only - No Shopping visits - Staying in Selcuk or Kusadasi? We at 'No Frills Ephesus Tours' offer a no nonsense tour experience without substituting on quality or service. Our aim is to provide the visitor to Ephesus a unique cultural based tour experience with a professional English speaking guide and NO SHOPPING STOPS along the way. If it is the Ancient City of Ephesus and the Ephesus Museum, the Temple of Artemis, St John’s Basilica or the House of the Virgin Mary that you have come to see then that is what we aim to show you. Our half day or full day Ephesus Tours are the perfect way for you to absorb the history of Ephesus without the pressure of carpet, leather or jewellery sales spoiling your day. Tours available every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays throughout the winter season (1st Nov - 31st Mar 2018). Cruise passengers please inquire about our Ephesus shore excursions and private tour options.
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a private tour and the places are not easy to appreciate without a guide. There are no audio guides available (at least I couldn't see any kiosks), so this is the best bet. Also, €60 for a 5.5 hr tour, which includes an unlimited lunch buffet in a desolate place is a good deal.

Just remember to check the Lira conversion rates and remember to carry enough cash, as they don't accept plastic money.

22  Thank Creakri
in 19 reviews
"ruins"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I recently organised a tour for myself, my husband and his brother and sister-in-law who came over from Melbourne, Australia to see us in the UK. As they had never been to Greece we booked a holiday taking in Athens and some the Greek Islands. As I had been to both Greece and Turkey before, I persuaded them that it was worth heading to Samos and then crossing over to Turkey to see Ephesus - certainly a "must-see" for anyone exploring that part of the world! My concern was that we would have very little time in Turkey and that in my own experience, as well as endless reviews online, most tours to Ephesus included an almost obligatory shopping trip. This was fine for people who wanted to shop (there are some lovely things to buy at very good prices) however we wanted to spend every minute exploring the historical sites rather than sit in some shop drinking apple tea and looking at wares. I did some searches on Google for "Ephesus without shopping" and up popped "No Frills Ephesus Tours" and thank goodness it did! From the outset, Christine was very helpful in providing me with the various options available. As our ferry from Samos would arrive after the usual tour start time of 9am she put together a private tour just for the four of us at an exceptionally reasonable price. We had some difficulty getting in touch while travelling and I also went into holiday mode and got some dates wrong but Christine was very patient and called me in Greece to make sure we had the correct details. On arrival in Turkey we were met by Christine's husband Mehmet and we later picked up our highly knowledgeable guide Oktay. Mehmet and Oktay provided us with a jam-packed, informative and well-organised tour which took in the Temple of Artemis, Ephesus, the Virgin Mary's house and a visit to the museum in Kusadasi. All our tickets were pre-bought so there was no waiting in queues and the price also included a delicious buffet lunch. Oktay was a qualified guide with an obvious passion about his subject and he managed to be both informative and amusing. We were very glad we were receiving his personal attention when we saw some of the huge groups being herded around Ephesus in a very non-personal way. We were totally overwhelmed by the places we visited and are still talking about it a month later. All in all we had a fantastic day and when we got back to the ferry, the four of us agreed that the tour had been one of the absolute highlights of our whole trip. We cannot recommend them highly enough - nothing was too much trouble, our expectations about what we would see was exceeded and the level of service was professional and friendly. There is so much to see and enjoy in this part of the world that we are already planning to go back - and we will definitely use No Frills Ephesus and its sister company Sea Spirit Travel when we do so. Well done to this company for catering to those in the market who don't want to just climb off a cruise liner and shop!

21  Thank mimi-nc
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We had an awesome day in Ephesus thanks to our guide, Oktay. He knew everything about everything we saw and, more importantly, seemed genuinely excited to be sharing it with us, which made the day way more fun. The tour started with a quick trip to the Temple of Artemis, followed by several hours in Ephesus, and a whirlwind tour of the museum, lasting from about 9:30 to 1:30 in all. Frankly, I don't think I could have handled more sightseeing/crowds/time on my feet. The tour is perfect for someone who wants to get the key history and background on Ephesus but isn't into marathon sightseeing and tiny details. Highly recommend!

22  Thank Hannah L
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our last 2 days in Turkey were made memorable by our visit to Ephesus with our guide Oktay - we were going to go on our own and have an audio guide but came across No Frills while walking to St Johns Church. The full day tour seemed to be good value so we decided to book. We were lucky to be the only couple on the trip and had a great day visiting the Temple of Artemis, the House of St Mary , Ephesus City and the Ephesus museum in Selcuk. Octay was very knowledgable and we shared lots of fun and laughs as well as enjoying the sights. The visit to the Terrace Houses was well worth the extra 15 Tl and the 10 Tl optional lunch was also good value.
We were really glad we decided to go with No Frills, I'm sure we got a lot more out of the trip than if we had gone on our own.

19  Thank Chrislyn578