“Loved the atmosphere and food”

Boomerang Guesthouse & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 105 Restaurants in Selcuk
Cuisines: Asian, Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Boomerang Garden Restaurant located right next to the Ephesus museum next to the boomerang guest house you can have a Chinese & Turkish cuisine dishes lovely yard outdoor seating and indoor area reasonable price
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Heard that they started serving Chinese food at this place and went to try it out. Food was really good. Atmosphere was peaceful. I would really recommend it.

3  Thank Beemar71
There are newer reviews for Boomerang Guesthouse & Restaurant

Reviewed September 1, 2013

In two weeks in Turkey, I didn't have a meal that I did not like. The difference between restaurants was more about the setting and the experience. You can get excellent food on noisy street corners or in quiet garden courtyards. I don't mind the former for a quick lunch, but when it comes to dinner, I like a quiet place where I can relax. Boomerang fits this category well, with tables scattered around an elevated courtyard overlooking the more renowned Mehmet and Ali kebab house. We never ate at Mehmet and Ali but from the reviews, the food sounds good. However, given a choice of sitting on picnic benches close to a busy street or at a quiet table in a garden setting, I know what I would choose. We enjoyed our evening at Boomerang and it is a pity that we didn't get to Mehmet and Ali to see what all the fuss is about.

3  Thank Robbo51
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Travelling to Selcuk, the town closest to the ancient ruins of Ephesus on the south west coast of Turkey was made more memorable by my visits to the Boomerang Garden Restaurant.
The setting for this restaurant is a relaxing space under the shade of large trees set on the side of a slope above the street below and next door to the guest house of the same proprietors. There are plenty of tables as well as lounge seating and in the evening it is pleasantly lit from the trees.
The atmosphere is truely friendly and welcoming and it is a family affair in all senses of the word.
Run by a group of brothers, all of the staff are family. The food is outstanding Turkish fare and as well as this there is an authentic Chinese menu, the chef for this being one of the owners wives who happens to be Chinese. She also has a classy Turkish specialty dish of Eggplant with Chilli.
The clientele included a lot of family groups on their holidays and if you are travelling alone then you are actually made to feel like part of the family, such is the hospitality of these people.
All these facets make for an above average dining experience which had myself and others coming back for more on my visit to Selcuk.
I have been travelling in Europe in the last few months and this restaurant experience is my most enjoyable.

3  Thank brendan m
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This family run establishment was so lovely and welcoming from the dorm rooms to the restaurant it was like a home away from home :) I loved every minute of my stay here and it was only for one night, the food was delicious, reasonably priced and the family are lovely! Definitely recommended!!!

4  Thank trappedoutside
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A lovely little restaurant tucked away in a side street behind the Ahmet Fehrali park. Delightful garden, friendly staff and good prices. Very peaceful atmosphere - good if you want a chat with friends as no loud music!
Delicious food - especially honey chicken and chocolate and banana pancakes.
well worth a return visit.

4  Thank Jane F