Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Just perfect!

I highly recommend it to everyone. My girlfriend and I received a master class! Thanks to Denizhan... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Juan B
Best Guide for Ancient Ephesus Tour

Denizhan Pekoz was an excellent guide for our tour of Ephesus. We were greeted right at the port... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
carolew502
mission viejo
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Selcuk
from $5.71
from $13.00
from $45.00
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews denizhan pekoz cruise ship ephesus tour turkey his knowledge great tour detailed information hour tour terrace houses included lunch pottery shop mercedes van izmir airport booked a private tour answered all our questions turkish lunch sirince village
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2016

Denizen, with TransBalkan Tours, was simply outstanding! We had a group of four couples from the US. His comprehensive knowledge of Ephesus and the surrounding area was impressive. His English was probably better than most in the US. His knowledge of the chronology and history of Ephesus and Turkey was was also incredible. My wife and I have traveled extensively--Denizan ranks as one of our top tour guides ever,

Reviewed October 28, 2016

Denizkhan was the best tour guide I have come across, and I do travel quite a bit. He was well ahead of time waiting for us at our hotel. He clearly has a lot of passion and knowledge in the area around Ephesus and was full of historical facts but also helping us gain a broader understanding of modern day history. On request he also took us to some of the best local pottery and leather handicraft stores. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with him. He also dropped us off at the Izmir airport at the end of the day. Have made a connection for life, would visit again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of a wonderful day in Ephesus with Ezgi Pekos.

She was one of the best guides that we have ever had. Full of knowledge, excellent English. She was absolutely delightful and exceeding all of our expectations.

I highly recommend her.

Kathleen Donovan

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Denizhan knows it all! His comprehensive knowledge of Ephesus painted for us a most vivid picture of what life was like in a thriving metropolis and trade center 2000 years ago. And he was extremely helpful in addressing some personal matters for us. We could not recommend more highly!

Reviewed October 19, 2016

We loved spending the day in Ephesus with Denizhan. He and his driver were waiting with a friendly smile when we arrived at the cruise terminal. We were a group of four. We all love history and wanted to learn all we could about the Biblical history of the area. Denizhan was perfect for us. He knew more than we could ever know about the history of the area but was able to explain it in an interesting way. He knew and understood the Biblical text and explained it in a way that made the area come to life. He was also honest and realistic when authorities had different opinions or when they were not sure about what happened at a site. He kept us moving and ahead of the crowds---but not rushed. The lunch of typical Turkish food out under big trees was a highlight of our whole trip. We enjoyed visiting with Denizhan during lunch about the food and his life in Turkey with his family. He truly loved this country and passed this on to us. We were sad when the tour was over but left with an appreciation of Ephesus and Turkey. People were warm and kind. We hope to visit again some day. If we are anywhere near this area we will get in touch with Denizhan to continue with our tour of Turkey. My husband said this was the best tour he ever took and the rest of us agreed. Thanks for a great day, Denizhan!

Date of experience: September 2016