“Amazing - great food and wonderful hosts!”

Mehmet and Ali Baba Kebab House
Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in Selcuk
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are Turkish family run this restaurant, 2 brothers own this place and we always try to make best Turkish food for our guest, welcome all.We have free WIFI Wireless at restaurant ( internet connection ). we have a so many vegetarian options too.We have also face page you can check Mehmet and Ali Baba kebab house
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We had read the reviews and were just expecting an excellent restaurant - we were wrong. The generosity shown by Ali Baba literally confounded us hardened Londoners, we were left ashamed of initially questioning his kind actions.The offer of a ride to/from Ephesus as it would be tough to park the hire car. The loan of a guidebook when he found we had come unprepared. We had such a lovely time and went back the very next day - missed Ali Baba but met his lovely wife. I can only hope that they have fulfilled their ambitions of closing the carpet store and extending the restaurant. 5 star ratings can be doled out too easily but Mehmet and Ali Baba have earnt it!

9  Thank camlaity

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We really liked the food, and the friendly staff. The owner gladly lent me a book on Ephesus, to help me out with the tour.

9  Thank Xieschan
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm really happy for having discovered Mehmet and Ali Baba Kebab House! Thanks to this restaurant, I've discovered good traditional turkish food prepared by good local cookers! I've also lived a very nice moment; the environment is peacefull and the waiters very nice!

If you go to selçuk, don't miss this restaurant!

Ines

10  Thank inesGil
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The management and staff of this "kebab house" are friendly, warmly interested and patiently helpful with advice. They do cater for tourists and budget travelers and the meals and prices are therefore aimed at that market. it's not top notch nosh but it's many Turkish dishes are honest, hearty and healthy. Locals eat here too - the best recommendation. The Gozleme was very enjoyable - as was the first taste of Turkish wine.
I thoroughly recommend this place - the street seating is a real treat because the neighbourhood life continues around you.

6  Thank Bevan M
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I visit Mehmet's kebab house at least twice a week and I am very satisfied. Mehmet's place is among the favorites for me and my archaeologist colleagues from Ephesus. Working at Ephesus long periods every year we need a good place to eat. Mehmet has it all, the food, the cozy environment, the stories from his international trips. Worth visiting!!!

6  Thank polypap