“I always look forward to lunch at Koftecisi”
Review of Selcuk Koftecisi

Selcuk Koftecisi
Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Selcuk
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I always look forward to lunch at Koftecisi”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

When I am in Selcuk I always make sure to come here--simple very tasty food at a good value; I've eaten here on several occasions and always enjoyed it; reasonably priced fresh food!

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reston VA
“Just OK”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our food was acceptable. However the cooked vegetables which were supposed to be cooked in garlic had no flavor or texture. Server brought wrong drinks and could not be found to get the bill. There must be better in Selcuk.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Godguy
Cascais
“Excellent kofte”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After checking the reviews we decided to have our traveler’s Xmas dinner at the Selcuk Koftecisi. Small restaurant, basic furniture, simple local food but the best we had in Selcuk and the kofte the best I had in Turkey so far. The Meze were also excellent (Patlican Ezme and Yougurtly Patlican Ezme). It was an odd Xmas dinner although we enjoyed it a lot together with a Hindu Family, a Japanese couple a some local guests. Great Turkish food and friendly service.

• Visited December 2012
Laguna Beach, California
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch when we got to Selcuk the first day. So good we went back for lunch day two. One server spoke English and like most places in Turkey like this just go to the counter and talk to the English speaker about what you want. When you're done pay at the payment counter.
Had spivey meatballs the first day, lamb chops the second. My wife ate around the menu and could not stop saying how good it was. Had salad and appetizers as well as meat. Can beat it. Off the tourist street. By the market. Easy walk from main tourist strip.

Brooklyn, New York
“Terrible service!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place is in all the guidebooks. I decided to try it out after a long, hot day visiting the ruins at Ephesus. I must stress that it was a sweltering day and when I arrived at this restaurant, I was parched and very much in need of some water. I was woman traveling alone and the restaurant seemed to be full of tour groups. The waiter ignored me for the first 20 minutes of my sitting down. When I finally got him to take my order, I asked for a bottle of water (I asked in Turkish) and he said "no." Confused by this response, I asked again in Turkish and then in English and he stared at me and said "no water." I couldn't quite believe this as everyone in Turkey drinks bottled water, but I assumed they had run out. So I ordered my food and a soda, which I never drink, but that was all they had. As I waited for my food, I noticed every table around me had bottled water. I still gave him the benefit of the doubt and figured they had just run out. Once I got my food, the waiter pretty much ignored me the rest of the time. Shortly after that, a tourist couple came in with a guide and they ordered water from my waiter. They got it right away. This was just plain nasty. I can't imagine why he would lie and not give me water, but when I got the check (which I had to ask him for many times) I told him how rude it was that he he did that. He looked embarrassed but did not say anything in response.
The food was okay, but I agree with others about the portion size. Obviously I will never go back there.

• Visited September 2012