“Well but not worth the price”

Nisantasi Beymen Brasserie
Ranked #263 of 14,235 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: French, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sisli
Description: Beymen Brasserie has added a spark to the already very trendy and posh Abdi Ipekci street in Nişantaşı since its opening in 2003 with an exceptional location and impeccable service. Decorated by award-winning interior designer Zeynep Fadillioglu, Brasserie can accommodate up to 80 people; however, outdoor seating is also available. As the most frequented venue of Nişantaşı, Beymen Brasserie features mainly French cuisine with additional international items ranging from onion soup to king crab salad, mini hamburgers to ‘Cafe de Paris’ steak.Desserts are plenty and the wine list includes a wide range of local wines and well selected international ones.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Located at Nisantasi, the district that will never get old fashioned of Istanbul, Brasserie is a fine restaurant but is a pearl among a sack of thousand pearls. The service is not nice since the waiters has the luxury to treat you suiting their moods. The food is good, but not at a point to adore it. And added the fact it is quite too expensive for what it offers, I think brasserie remains at the low average.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Very nice location in high class Istanbul area, nasantasi. Food was excellent with fair price matching the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The best place for people-watching in the most beautiful street of the aristocratic district of Nisantasi!!! Delicious cuisine and the best profiterol I have ever ate!!! An authentic brasserie in the heart of Istanbul!!!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice, but an expensive break on Nisantasi. The menu has a wide range from sushi to pasta. Avocado shrimps is a delicious starter. The music is good especially on friday nights.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I've read many reviews about this French restaurant in Istanbul guide books. I've also walked by several times and seen the place fairly packed. My husband and I finally went there to have a nice meal before I went back to the states in September. It was about 9:30 p.m. on a Friday nite and the place was dead except for one other table. You think that would've meant we got good service but we didn't. Plus, there was road construction going on just down the street.

Our appetizer of beef carpaccio was fairly good, but I think it cost about 40 liras. We both ordered pasta dishes for entrees. My husband's was a gnocchi covered in a very rich, awful tasting blue cheese sauce. My pasta dish was okay but I don't remember exactly what was in mine....a mushroom sauce I believe.

Anyway, I def. would not go back again as the service and poor food did not justify the price.

1  Thank gerberagirl76