Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$217
$208
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
$187
$147
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
$113
Agoda.com
$208
  • Restaurant
Divan City Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
$120
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$693
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree shuttlecity shuttleplatinum membershort stayan upgradetaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by the staffs of Crowne Plaza Hotel in Antalya as I needed to spend around 12 hours in Istanbul before my next trip. The relative advantage was that the hotel lies close to the air port - actually solid 15 minutes drive.

Having read some of the previous reviews, I was able to see that the management of the hotel did actually took some actions with regards to several comments made and improved.

The hotel rooms are spacious, clean and with amble amenities. I took a room in the third floor. Food is good and I liked the Turkish Breakfast specially. The internet worked well for me, contrary to the comments by other reviewers. There were also number of English TV channels (News and Movies) which is unlike the case in some of the other hotels where most or all the channels are in Turkish language.

Few things I did not like about this hotel, namely the location which is very weird, neither very close to the airport nor to the city center. The surrounding area is mainly industrial establishments, truckers zone, or having scattered properties that are under development, which I found little bit dull and irritating. The second thing which I noticed is that some of the staffs, specifically the female at the front desk is having somehow down attitude in dealing with people. I had really difficult time performing quite straight forward transactions with her due to this attitude. I guess this point was also raised by other reviewers of this hotel in the past. There is definitely a need to improve on the customer relations part and the way to treat the guests.

A bit of advise also to fellow travelers: please do not try to change money at the hotel, if you can, as their rates are significantly lower than the average market rates.

All in all, I think the hotel is average in many aspects, and probably suitable for short stop overs where you need to be near the airport, but with no plans for touring the city. Probably on my next trip I will look for another hotel, at least to make a better comparison.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear hadi4004,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. It is lovely to hear you found our the rooms clean and spacious. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with the service you received. I am confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nothing exceptional about this hotel other than it is situated close to the airport and has a decent gym for a HI. The rooms are also better than average for an HI but in all likelihood, would not stay here again unless I have another 4am airport time. It is quite far from the epicenter of Istanbul.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Ayşe P, Yönetici at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Rickc2651,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport Hotel for your accommodation needs here in Istanbul.

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Also I would like to inform you, we have a shuttle service at regular times for city center and aiport.

We hope that the above explanation is up to your satisfaction and in case you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport Hotel for your future accommodation needs in Istanbul.

Sincerely
Ayse Pecenek

Reviewed March 29, 2014

A marvellous building! I stayed on the 9th floor! Great experience! The room was very clean and tidy! The wi-fi connection was not very good! However, it was the best hotel I stayed to and I would like to go and stay there again!

Room Tip: Chooce a room on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Apostolos_Notios,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay & for the wonderful review and great comments! We are very happy that you are satisfied from our hotel.

Sincerely
Ayse Pecenek

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times now. My last trip saw me stay there for one night on 21/3/14. The hotel is clean and well staffed. The rooms are comfy and have good amenities and the restaurant is a-typical for Turkey. However I did have two issues on all my stays. Firstly was the noise from other rooms. I was unfortunate enough to have an interconnecting door in my room and could hear everything that was happening in the room next door. Not great when you have an early get up the next day. The second issue is one that actually will put me off from choosing this hotel in the future. The internet connection is very good and stable apart from when you wish to make a FaceTime or Skype call. I honestly believe they must be blocking the uses of these services. Every time I attempted to call home it would last 3 seconds maximum then disconnect. considering it is a business hotel it seems strange that they would stop their guests from being able to use internet calls. No other hotel I have stayed in has similar problems, unless the actual connection is poor. I have had the same issue on every stay I have had there and complained about it several times and no-one there really knows why it would happen, or offered any help to resolve it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
yusufmayda, Ön Büro Müdürü at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Campmark;

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the slow WIFI connection.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty

Yusuf MAYDA

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was in Istanbul for business and this hotel being not far from the airport, was ideal. On arrival I was disappointed and quite concerned from the look of it outside, but upon interring the hotel, put me immediately at ease. At the iterance there is a metal detector you have to go through that if nothing else makes you feel safe. The staff is friendly with fairly good English. When we finished checking in, we asked the front desk about the hotel’s restaurant and the only thing I didn’t like, is the way were told with emphasis that the rooms covered breakfast only, not dinner. I realize we were not wearing suits, but still the way we were told made us feel uncomfortable. We had dinner there anyway and it was good. You can choose between a buffet or a la carte. The buffet was about 20 euros per person (drinks not included) and had a good variety of dishes. When we asked for the bill, again were looked at with concern which again seemed strange to us but I suppose it’s because of the large bill we created. The breakfast buffet was very nice with continental and local dishes to try. Over all, it was clean, quiet and had good food.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker (or not), tell them because there are floors (rooms) for smokers.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
yusufmayda, Asst. FO Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Athena S ;

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to serving you in the future

Regards