“Clean, comfortable and modern”

Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North
Ranked #85 of 1,114 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed for one night and were glad that we chose the Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport. We took the shuttle to the hotel from the airport (and it departed right on schedule) and again the following day back to the airport. Our room was very comfortable and modern and the bathroom was lovely and clean. Aside from the low rumble of the occasional plane, we barely heard a sound. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was ok but nothing particularly remarkable. We also took the free shuttle to Taksim Square which was an excellent service. The shuttle just drops you off on the side of the road so it's a good idea to have a map to get to Taksim Square itself. The shuttle departed a few minutes ahead of schedule so it's a good idea to arrive at the meeting point a few minutes early.
Overall, if I had a free night in Istanbul between flights then I would certainly choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
yusufmayda, Asst. FO Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Mssyb_11

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome.

We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was here only one night - from 09.00 pm to 06.00 am.
Good is shuttle bus from hotel to the airport. Location of this hotel is very good for transfer to the airport.I didnt eat breakfest. I ate only dinner in hotel restaurant and it was good. Price of this dinner was good.
I didnt use internet connection, or TV.
Room was clean without visual defects.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
burcu t, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Jaromir W

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

Yusuf MAYDA

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Nothing special, hotel offering all standard services, clean, simple. Rich breakfast buffet, free shuttle to/from the airport. Tea and coffee making facilities, helpful and nice staff. Fair enough....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nada M
burcu t, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear victoria_may_6

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been staying at various other properties in Istanbul during the last 4 years. This one was recommended by a co-traveller on a long haul flight at the end of 2013. The location suited me perfect halfway between the city and airport. Business centre area worked well for meetings I had. WiFi initially a bit tricky but then worked well. Bandwidth seem to a be a problem though. Found the staff friendly and willing to help. Enjoyed the quietness of the hotel that was surprising despite the fact that the hotel is next to the highway network. Small irritations like a smell in the room as there is no windows to open for natural airflow. Asked the housekeeping staff to 'perfume' the room nothing done about it. Room control not up to standard resulting in having to ask for shampoo & shower gel. Safe in the room not working properly. The Tulip restaurant closed unannounced resulting in having to make use of the Saltanat with a very limited menu. I will be giving the property another chance during a visit in early July and then decide for the future

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
burcu t, Asst. Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the slow WIFI connection. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas.
If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty

Yusuf MAYDA

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This Holiday Inn is rather tired, outdated, and in desperate need of maintenance to 21th century standards. Pictures below to highlight what I mean. Check-in clerk told me I had reserved a smoking room, when I had reserved a non-smoking room. Also, tried to upsale me for 65 euros - which I felt was very cheeky. After all, a hotel room is not like going to McDonalds - I ordered what I wanted. I told the clerk that actually I expected to get upgraded for free, considering my track record of being a high level Priority Club member for such a long time. When I got to my room (he "changed" it to non-smoking), I double-checked my reservation, and I had ordered non-smoking, so the mistake was their computer, and personally, I have an issue when my credibility as a customer is questioned. I also was not pleased with the TV in the room, which did not have an input for my computer - this is almost a standard capability in modern hotels. So, I called to complain about how I was treated and also because I wanted a room with a better TV. So, the manager did upgrade me to a suite, where, ironically, the TV was exactly the same, so it did not really help in that way, but maybe all the rooms have the same issue. The room, as stated, was definitely not up to the standards that I would expect, and again, you can see the pictures below with some of my comments. The fitness center also was very disappointing - very bad air circulation, not aesthetic, and the equipment is outdated (no TV on the treadmills and they were in Turkish, difficult to set up). On a positive note, the quality of the room service food was very good.

Room Tip: Getting an executive room includes free access to the mini-bar - this was a nice and fun surprise.
1  Thank Cincykid77
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Cincykid77,

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Finding this hotel on the GPS was a little tricky as it was not listed but we found the Mahmutbey area and then saw the hotel logo on what is one of the taller buildings in the area. Car parking is free of charge. Hotel check in was a little slow. The lobby is quite pleasant but the floor corridors and accommodation rooms (1105) are quite dark and dimly lit. I understand hotels are trying to save cost on energy but not at the expense of the paying guest. WiFi Internet is free of charge for room guests and is a good signal. There is nothing impressive about this hotel but it is functional for the business user and is reasonably priced so good value for money.

Room Tip: If you are going there by car, make sure you know the location of the hotel beforehand as it did not...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear roryjdoyle,

Brenda J.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport hotel for 3 days, and found the stay overall to be OK, there are some pros and cons as follow:

Pros:
1- Free airport shuttle is available, as well as shuttle to the city, although the frequency is poor and requires reservation, therefore we were able to use it only once on the way back to hotel but not when we were coming.

2- Rooms are large, well furnished, and clean

3- Staff are friendly and helpful

4- Room rates are excellent for the room size and class you get compared to Istanbul prices

Cons:

1- Location is poor, it is not really an airport hotel as it is a good 15 minutes drive away from airport, and it is not in a good location either, surrounded by trucks and truckers, industrial yards, etc. There are many outlets in that area within 10 min drive.

2- Air conditioning was hard to control as it was always on the warm side and we couldn't get it to cool the room.

3- Lighting in the room and hallways was always dark, not adequate, and tv channel selection was extremely poor with no more than 1-2 english chanels.

4- Every time you come in to the hotel, they search everything you bring in from the supermarket and you have to sign a paper that hotel is not responsible for food poisoning. This is unusual and uncomfortable.

Overall the hotel stay was ok and we had no issues, but I personally wouldn't stay there again. I still would recommend it for people who will have a stop over and need a place close to airport to sleep for a night or two.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear coldplay99988,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the area surrounding the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J