“OK business hotel”

Ranked #77 of 1,047 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Mjolby, Sweden
“OK business hotel”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The HI Istanbul Airport is a typical business hotel. Location is in the middle of nowhere more or less but since I was going for work at a hospital close by I didn't mind. For vacation I would not have chosen this hotel as it quite some distance from the central parts of Istanbul.
Room was adequate, maybe a bit on the small side for a "De Luxe room". Amenities were all right though, mini bar included in the room rate, comfortable bed. WiFi was OK, pretty good speed.
TV was not OK though, channels available were so and so. Channels in English slim to none.
Incredibly slow to change channel, the worst I've ever encountered at a hotel to be honest.
Spa/pool area was very nice.
Breakfast was just OK, selection is a bit on the small side. Coffee was very thin and I do miss my bacon, even if it's beef bacon.
Had some evening meals at the hotel and they were actually quite impressive. Nice, clean flavours and very good value.
Staff at the hotel was nice and pleasant.
Overall it was an OK stay and I would not hesitate to stay when I'm in Istanbul for business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
burcu t, Guest Relation Executive at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport Hotel.It is only through feedback that such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
Hopefully we will try to improve our service more for our valued guests and we will definetally work on the progress of improving the English channels.
We hope to see you soon in your next visit here in Istanbul.
Yours Sincerely
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 1, 2013

After my home stay canceled on me, I was forced to find alternate accommodations. I stupidly booked my entire 11 nights at this place, which is far away from everything in Istanbul. There are 3 shuttles per day into the city, so planning was important. Sometimes I took the more frequent shuttle to the airport and caught the metro into the city from there. If you want an authentic Istanbul experience, don't stay here.
The other negatives about this motel: 1. Stained, dirty carpet in my room. 2. Housekeeping forgot at least 2 or 3 things every day. I called the first time, but just made do after that. 3. Food was poor to just OK. I had room service 4 nights and the only thing worthwhile was the chicken club. 4. The shower "door" is really just a very narrow glass panel that stops 5% of the water. The rest ended up on the floor. 5. When I was checking out, I asked if I could get points for my club rewards. She said they only allow it at check in. After spending over $1400 for 11 nights, I was hoping for some leniency. 6. Breakfast is very expensive.
The positives of this motel: 1. Service by the bellboys, spa and room service staff is top notch. 2. Free WiFi. 3. There's a fridge in the room, so you can store some cold food. 4. Bed is comfortable. 5. The steam room/sauna was great. The pool was closed for servicing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Wanderfoolish,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you received top notch service during your stay. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I do not like complaining but this hotel is good only for a night's stop over before catching your flight.
Rooms are expensive in comparison to what they offer. Small bathroom, uncomfortable bedding, standard room decoration. If you book at a Holiday Inn hotel, you expect something more.
Staff was very friendly and helpful and made all the difference.
I would say a very good hotel for a very quick stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear jenny f,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted that you liked our hotel in particular our friendly and helpful staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that our room accommodation fall short of your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Washington
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am sure I could stay longer and enjoy the same way, but for a short stopover and needing to be close to the airport -- this was the best place and great value. I arrived early in the morning and transfer to the hotel was seamless. In less then an hour, I was shored and in bed! Got a good sleep and headed to have late morning breakfast, which was the best part of my stay! The variety and tastiness was superb, staff attended to your drinks and other needs with smile and executed your demands at a speed of light. All that minimum you need for a cranky red eye traveler!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nanjing
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed one night before I left for the airport. The service is very good and the people at the reception are very proactive and friendly.
The rooms are ok, but not exceptional. The bathroom is very small and the sink area does not fit for big people. For a price of 80 Euro including breakfast not good enough. The breakfast does not match international holiday inn standards.
Wireless is free in the whole hotel which is positive.
Overall as indicated in the headline only good for "emergency stay".

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear andie6931,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we received very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Placentia, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 1 night on our way back to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, from Cappadocia. Yes, it truly is a minimalist hotel....but very tasteful. The staff was outstanding....very helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Not sure....we took what we could get. But, it did have a marvelous view of downtown (we were on the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed by the hotel size and room size. Even though I was outside the city, I was surprised to see a hotel like that in that part of the world. It felt very safe for being in what is considered a bad area. Because of the schedule, I did not get to take advantage of the free airport shuttle, but a cab was only about 10 or 12 USD to the airport. Would have appreciated if the shuttle was a bit more accommodating, but what can you expect for free? The room was very nice, and they even had speakers in the bathrrom so I could hear the tv while in the shower, quite a few English channels, too, although we stuck with the music videos from Dubai. Couldn't really enjoy the pool because the room and water were quite cold and the "hot tub" was no hotter, and the weather was not even too cold yet in mid-September. Maybe they hadn't started heating it yet, as they should have... Really enjoyed the "baths" and sauna, however. Would have appreciated enjoying it with my male friend I was with, but I think that is more the region of the world than the hotel. Included breakfast was good, plenty of options. Overall, if you need a room near the airport and a place to relax, I'd recommend. If you're touring the city, it's too far.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheKriz
filiz i, Guest Relations Executive at Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport-North, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport Hotel.
We take the comments and problems into consideration very seriously and try to solve them quickly to avoid future guest complaints.Our aim is to give satisfactory service to our valuable guests like you.
We would like to thank you for sharing this comments with us.We are looking forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Istanbul Airport North Hotel.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact with me.
Best Regards