See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Booked a private room for myself, get a private room with 3 beds! :)) I love the location and the staff. They had this volunteers helping them with admin stuff and I found it very good! Breakfast is enough, not plenty but hey, you can find places to eat outside as well so it's not a big deal for me. And oh, Little Jay the cat is super cute! ;3

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were traveling to Turkey for our friends wedding and decided to stay a few days in Istanbul to see all the tourist attractions.

Mansion by Cheers came up as the top hostel to book on HostelWorld and we can see why!

We had a warm welcome from the owners, Emre & Emily, their staff and the little kitty and were offered Turkish tea on the spot. Unfortunately the hostel had been fully booked by the time we arrived but they generously upgraded us to their new hotel that had been built down the road for NO extra charge!

The hostel was in a perfect quiet spot just minutes away from all the tourist attractions (we walked to all of them on the first day) and had a whole street full of restaurants one block away.

The owners also decided to have a BBQ with all the guests on our second night which was an awesome way to meet everyone and discover some Turkish cuisine.

We can't thank them enough for helping us feel at home and providing everything we could have needed. I would love to come back one day and maybe even work there ;D

Big shoutout as well to the staff, especially Erin and Atila - you guys were amazing, they are lucky to have you!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night at cheers mansion and I wish I could have stayed longer. It's in a great location with blue mosque and Hagia Sophia only being a 6 minute walk away. The staff was incredibly friendly and as a first time traveler in Istanbul this was really helpful. They explained about the best places to go to, how the metro works, and gave great tips for all around the city! They have an ADORABLE cuddly hostel kitty too. Having breakfast available in the morning with music playing made it a great atmosphere to meet the other guests and hangout. Also the front door is always locked and there is someone working 24/7 to let guests in which made me feel very safe and I wish more hostels did. The beds were comfy and the room was a good size. I would recommend mansion by cheers to everyone!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Mansion by Cheers for 5 nights on a solo trip to Istanbul. The hostel itself is just that - a hostel. Comfortable rooms, common space, quirky decor, and the resident kitten make it a truly unique place to spend time.

What really makes this place shine is its staff - always cheerful, helpful, and ready to point you in the direction of your next adventure! Whether you need a last minute taxi to the airport or just need some recommendations, someone is always there to help (and ask you how your day was when you return home)!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2017

I love Mansion by Cheers! To start, Amy, our host, were the best! Lovely person with great mood and will to help. She gave all the information and tips that we need to enjoy the most the only two days we had to meet Istambul. The hotel is near to the main atractions like the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, in a very lovely neighborhood where you can walk any hour of the day and night and appreciate the amazing place that Istambul is. We booked a room for a couple and was very large, with a great bed and shower! The breakfast is simple but really good, with fruits, bread, cheese, tea, etc. The room is clean everyday and all the people who work there were very nice and friendly. If you looking for a place with the best cost-benefit, Mansion by Cheers is your home! Also, I can not say enough about Istambul, what a beautiful city with great people and food. So many to see and taste, go with time, because it worth every minute.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple