“Where Are All The Customers?”
Review of Yekta Restaurant

Yekta Restaurant
Ranked #6,878 of 13,905 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: French, Italian, Turkish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sisli
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This restaruant is a gem. Part of the fun for me when dining is the crowd. There were four tables, including myself the night I dined here. The "Winter Salad" (inappropriatly named) contained juicy peeled Tomatoes, fresh sweet Walnuts, Cucumbers, a light shaving of feta, with Arugula and other greens (unfortunately shredded) with a light flavorful Vinagrette. The salad was large enought for two or three people. My main course was tasty and fresh, well presented and the service was impeccable. The Waiters could have perhaps been more pesonable and happy to have a customer but perhaps if I had to stand around all night with only a few tables, I would probably loose my sense of humor too! Don't be fooled by the lack of people. This restaurant has a great well priced menu and well prepared food.

1  Thank Robert O

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was afraid because of I never saw people having dinner but I tried. It was nearby the hotel and I had good surprise, the food was delicious the price affordable. I sat outside and not too noisy. The ony thing to complain is that waiters try to push many courses...

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a very nice evening meal here which was very quickly served. The decor is dark wood and there is a terrace but at 8:30 p.m. we were the only people there and as we passed by on other evenings there rarely seemed to be more than one or two tables occupied. Two locals told us that this restaurant had been very fashionable at one point but that the fashionistas have moved elsewhere. That may be so but as a visitor who would like to taste some nice and very reasonably priced Turkish cuisine I can recommend this restaurant, fashionable or not!

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

an unbelievably salty 'pacanga' followed by very late delivered ok shrimp casserole. boeuf stroganoff with potato chips. we had asked whether this dish comes with shoestring fried potatoed as it is supppsed to; and the waiter assured us that it did. however, he later brought us one with regular fries and said with no shame that the kitchen was busy. we protested and then he brought 5 min later smooshy string potatoes. our meat was already cold and not so great anyhow. the waiter is so terrible he just poured water in my boyfriend's raki, although he drinks it without water. the whole service is so lame, the food is so not satisfying, I wonder about the desert now. we just ordered it. at this point we are curious about how bad it can go...
note: I attached a pic of the fries and the boeuf stroganoff

1  Thank nilkalak
Reviewed November 11, 2010

The food is excellent, and seems to be prepared by expert chifs. The old waiter is very nice guy and funny. The Kofte Kebap is excellent…you should try it.

1  Thank Abdulazizhj