“Nice”

Ranked #118 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
Dallas, Texas
“Nice”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel was typical swanky. The bedrooms were a bit weird. The shower opened up to the rest of the room so with 2 roommates, you definitely flashed someone. The concierge was amazing. He was so helpful, I would credit him for having the best meal I had in the city. He also drew me a map to show me how to get to a place in Katikoy. Awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear W Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

Thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of our hotel design and concierge. I am delighted to know that you found them to be helpful and knowledgeable. I am sure that they will be glad to know that they made such a lasting impression.

I was very sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with your bathroom section in your room.I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.I would like to make you ensure that we also have private bathroom section room at our property.Therefore; I would kindly ask you to get in contact to me prior to your next stay at W Istanbul.

Should you have any further questions, I will be glad to assist you.

W Insider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed May 1, 2014

It is a fancy hotel in a nice area of Istanbul. I only stayed 1 night in a 2 double bed room. The room was stylish like we know it from W. Also it is could be a little bit more practical, so you cannot close the bath area from the sleeping area, which makes it humid after having a shower. But still, the Hotel entrance is beautiful, but it is a small Hotel and so it is a small entrance aswell. The bar looks nice, even though it has one of the ugliest entrance doors from the bedroom area I`ve ever seen in a stylish Hotel like this. Unfortunately the bar was very empty, just one other table in use. There was a kind of DJ. and he turned the music down when we came in. But now comes the worst experience in this Hotel. What I expect in a W Hotel is a cool bar, it was a nice place, but they had been running out of Gin?!?! What? Then we asked for the Winelist and ordered a wine from that list, another 5 minutes later the waiter, who by the way wasn`t really able to speak english , like the whole evening staff wasn`t, came again and said, that this wine was out aswell. That`s honestly not what I expect in place like this. We left the bar and went to a bar outside the Hotel, sorry not so good. The breakfast restaurant is also very stylish and I really liked it. Breakfast itself was soso. Before the bar experience I thought about returning, after it not. Maybe we were just unlucky that day.
The morning we left the Hotel, the reception staff was very nice and all spoke perfectly english. There is a potential.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Roger S
Koray K, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Roger,

I'd like to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Istanbul and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our design concept, w lounge and atmosphere overall. It's always nice to hear lovely comments about our design concept.

I am absolutely dismayed to discover that your w lounge experience was failed by the service, and furthermore disappointed to hear that you were undelighted to have your bathroom not placed in separate part of your room.

We generally have full list of drink menu available in W lounge during the whole week.However, there must be misunderstanding by our staff. I shall ensure that your disappointment will be taken into serious consideration.Please also note that we always put our bar staff through regular training and will also action your comments accordingly so that you do not experience the same for your next return. I sincerely apologise for the frustration this must have caused.

I would like to clarify that we have a great variety of rooms including the rooms with seperated bathrooms. Personally, I will recommend you to take a look at this type of rooms for your next stay at W Istanbul.

If you return to Istanbul, I would be delighted to welcome you back to W Istanbul. Please contact me directly should you wish to do so as I'd like to personally oversee all aspects of your visit.

New Mexico
Reviewed May 1, 2014

W Istanbul is the Best Hotel in Istanbul, its Outstanding ! ! !
this place is Outstanding, The Staff is Outstanding, Deniz Murat, Dilan, Isa, Turgay, Kudu, Eyup, Gem, and all the other staff members are all Outstanding ! ! !
this Property is Outstanding,
Great security,Great Food, Great Rooms Very clean Very nice !
We Love it here !
if your needing a Hotel in Istanbul you Must try the W Istanbul !
Sgt Eddie DeLuca & Amber DeLuca

Room Tip: All The Rooms Are Outstanding !
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Koray K, Public Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Eddie and Amber,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your visit to W Istanbul.

It is always a pleasure to learn that our service and especially our staff made a wonderful impression on you. You are most kind in your compliments regarding our welcome office,sip,ambassadors and concierge.That will always encourage us to go further with higher service standards.

I hope to welcome you back to W Istanbul very soon – perhaps on your next visit you will have the opportunity to indulge in what many consider the best turkish food in Istanbul!

Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at the W Hotel for three nights after the Easter Weekend. After reading the Tripadviser reviews complaining about the loud W night club music we decided to stay during the week to be on the safe side.
Unfortunately I overlooked that Wednesday was a Turkish Holiday.
Tuesday at 9 p.m. the music started and even with earplugs pushed deep into our ears it was not possible to sleep. At 12 a.m. we gave up and called the Front Desk and they moved us to another room for the rest of the night. The following day we got a little fruit basket with an apology. Nice gesture but I prefer my undisturbed sleep to an apple & banana any time.
I know that a night club/lounge belongs to the W concept but then build it in the basement, because I doubt that every guest wants to party until 3am.

Now the good things about W Hotel:
Our check-in was quick and efficient and to our delight we got a room upgrade. The staff is very polite and always greets you cheerfully. Cem, the W concierge, is very nice and helpful. Our room was spacious with many windows and a huge bathroom. (We stayed at no. 455- but beware if you want to sleep when the night club has open).

The area is very pleasant with some nice shops (Autoban , monies Copenhagen). Café Nero is around the corner and a lot of other nice restaurants/Cafes. A Milagros supermarket is also close by (all further up the lovely street).
The Dolmabahce Palace is a 10 minutes walk away.

The tram station (15 minutes walk from W Hotel) brings you directly to Sultanahmet where the main sights are. Alternatively you can take the Ferry from Pier Beskitas ( 5 minutes away from W Hotel) to Pier Eminönü (you arrive at the Big Mosque and Spice Bazar). From Eminönü you can take the Tram to Topkapi Palcace (two tram stops) or Hagia Sophia (three tram stops) or walk.

Advice:
Get a Museum Pass Card (the W concierge can organize it if he knows in advance) so you can jump the queues at Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Archaeological Museum.
We did not buy a Museum Pass for our daughter, because kids until 12 years have free entrance. BUT: You need a “free-admission paper ticket” for your child to get through the barrier ticket gates after the entrance . That means you have to queue at the ticket office like the masses (exactly what we wanted to avoid).
Just showing your child´s passport the museum assistants at the barrier ticket gates does not work.
If you need the “free admission paper ticket” for small children in strollers as well I do not know. I recommend buying a Museum Pass for older children as well if you do not want to queue.
Start early in the morning, because from April on the sights are PACKED with cruise ship tourists (1 ship = 4000 tourists) + the usual tourists.

Room Tip: Do not take room number 455 if you want to sleep when the night club/disco has open.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ClaudiaMunich2009
Dear Claudia,

I am delighted that you enjoyed both room and service. I'm thrilled that our staff impressed you. It's always nice to hear lovely comments about our team and I shall ensure that your kind words are passed on to everyone.

Moreover, It is great to have some great tips and advices from you for upcoming guests to W Istanbul.We loved it.

I am absolutely dismayed to discover that your sleep was disturbed by the party that evening. We generally have entertainment at W Lounge as w happenings both some weekdays and weekend.However we always strive to ensure that this enhances, rather than interferes with, our guests' stay. I sincerely apologize for the frustration this must have caused.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night on the way to Bulgaria and found the hotel is very hip true to it's brand.

I was upgraded to a room with a balcony that gave extra space to hang out.

Bed is not as comfortable but after asked for the foam pillow it was delivered promptly. With the foam pillow it made up for the slightly soft bed.

Balloons all over the room together with birthday cake made my day more fun as it was on my birthday.

Hope to Come back soon.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JimmyKL
Dear W Guest,

It is absolutely fabolous to hear that you have enjoyed your whole W experience.We are so glad to have you stayed with us at your birthday.

Regarding the discomfort of your bed, I am saddened to hear that we could not provide you a comfy bed during your stay.However, I would like to clarify that all W hotels worldwide have the same type of signature beds.

If you return to Istanbul, I would be delighted to welcome you back to W Istanbul. Please contact me directly should you wish to do so as I'd like to personally oversee bed aspect of your visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Got upgraded to a room with a terrace but the door was locked so never went out there. No Bosphorous view either and not much in the way of cafés or shops in the neighbourhood. Staff were pleasant but breakfast little bad.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kaori s
Songul A, Public Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear W Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at W Istanbul. Please be assured that your valuable comments will allow us to focus on areas in need of improvement. I feel sorry to hear that you could not open the door, wish you had informed us while staying with us, so we had the chance to fix it.
Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Warmest wishes,
W Istanbul Team
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel could be so much more, but instead it's a dark, and ill planned hotel. First, it's located on at odd corner of a street- it's a historic building, but still, not an optimal place for taxis to park, and for hotel guests to get in and out. As soon as you step into the hotel, it's as if you've transported yourself to the dark side of the moon, black everywhere, oddly shaped furniture on a platform in front of you, and the checkin to your left.

The checkin was quick and easy, and the staff was very courteous. Now to finding your room, you go up a quick thing of stairs (2-3), go to your right, and then down a small tunnel to the elevators (10 ft) - the elevators are very small, barely fit three people. When you get out to your floor it's eerily quiet and again, very dark. There are these odd pink lights that guide your way through the corridor, but it all looks the same! If it weren't for the slight angle of the coordinator, it could be something from your worst nightmare.

Lastly, the rooms. They are spacious, and comfortable except again, they are way too dark. Also, the whole bathroom situation is a little odd. There is no real separate bathroom area so if you're going to be there with someone else, you're going to hear (but thankfully not see) everything. The toilet and sink are a bit far away, so you can't immediately wash your hands after using the facilitates. The shower while having a forceful spray, is quite cramped, so you can't really get comfortable (pressure and temperature is great though). The lights in the room are difficult to handle, and the lights for the closet and sink areas are not controlled by switches, but by having the doors opened and closed- not as easy as it seems since they're oddly shaped.

Overall- staff is great, the concierge gave us some excellent advice, room service and housecleaning staff was excellent, but if the theme of the hotel is to be modern, but simple, this misses the mark, it's too complex, and too dark.

Room Tip: The outdoor cabanas weren't that well kept when we were there- save your money and just stay in...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear W Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at W Istanbul. We do also apologize that your overall W experience was not up to your expectation. Please be sure that we take our customer's comments very seriously. It is true that some of the W Hotels are lighter in design, such as W South Beach and Barcelona, and there are several that use darker colors, woods and lighting as well. The W Istanbul is part of the Akaretler Row Houses, which were built in the 1870s as part of the Dolmabahce Palace and the interior designer blended the W design with Ottoman inspirations. I am glad that you received great service from our concierge and will coach our team members to continually improve.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and give us a second chance to Wow you,
W Istanbul Team