“Second stay for the second consecutive year”
Review of W Istanbul

W Istanbul
Ranked #121 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Second stay in this hotel.
the staff were very helpful always helping us with the baby strollers and chatting with us ( very friendly ) .
Rooms are more than excellent , beautifully designed and considering turkey its spacious rooms.
location are very good almost in the center of turkey, however traffic in istanbul are disastrous.
i ll definitely think of staying in it again when i visit istanbul , thnx a lot !

Room Tip: Mega Rooms and fantastic Suites
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Baris B, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear W Guest,
Thank you so much for spending time to let us know about your W experience. We are sorry you had trouble with the traffic but unfortunately being in the center of fashion, culture, design and elite neighborhoods comes with the price of a little bit of attention and crowd! We hope we could make it up to you inside our hotel.
Looking forward to see you again soon,
Regards.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is my second time staying at the W hotel and I thought it was time I wrote and gave them the praise they deserve. This unique building in the Akaretler district in the heart of Istanbul has been lovingly restored and manages to combine modern opulence and comfort within the shell of the 19th century row houses which were built to house the workers of the Dolmabahce Palace during the opulence of the Ottoman empire.

From the moment your taxi door is opened and you walk inside, the handsome and attentive staff are there to assist. The concierge team simply cannot do enough to assist you no matter what your request. Last time I wanted a Turkish bath experience and this time they found a yoga class for me to attend.

As a vegetarian the room service menu has a vegetarian mezze option for one person for 65 tl. I treated myself to a glass of sauvignon blanc and enjoyed some freshly baked Turkish bread with my mezze and salad followed by one scoop of creamy date ice cream.

I love the ipod stand next to the bed, the quality of the toiletries, the 350 thread count sheets and feather pillows and the large desk and leather chair I can work from. There is really no other choice for business travelers in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms on the 2nd floor have a walk way to your own private garden.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elaine K

Dear W Guest,
Well, since you've described your stay with such excitement and joy, all is left for us to say is how proud and glad we are that you have fully experienced the W core within our walls. We hope to see you more with lots of new trips to the undiscovered corners of Istanbul.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We would like to express here our very positive attidude and share here our great and only positive emotions about staying in W Hotel Istanbul. I would say it is a unique place. The hotel staff is very helpfull and friendly, the area is great for Bosphorus and city center lovers.
Very good location ....
kindly inform you that visit to W Lounge on Fridays and Saturdays .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear W Guest,
Thank you so much for spending time to share your valuable and inspiring words about your stay. We are glad you felt at home and cared during your visit to our hotel and wishing to see you more in our famous W Lounge nights,
Enjoy your time till then.
Regards.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

it was my first time in a W hotel, Therefore a bit surpozed by the type of atmosphere. Some loud music on a thursday night from the bar, made diffuclt to talk at the restaurant on 3rd fllor, but all together a very nice experience, nice rooms, great beds. Staff is polite.
would recommend it

Room Tip: avoid rooms too close to the bar
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Baris B, Guest Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear W Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry about the inconvenience about our restaurant. In W Istanbul, Okka and W Lounge are sort of a great combination for whole evening, designed for you to easily come downstairs to take a sip of our signature cocktails and dance after your dinner.
Next time, let us know and we will make sure you enjoy the unique sound of W Lounge.
Till then, have a nice time.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel. A little pricey but the staff made it WELL worth it!! We were given maps, personal recommendations, even escorted to a local salon! Very helpful. Also loved the area. Many local restaurants near by & within walking distance to the tram that will transport you all over Istanbul for about two euro.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear W Guest,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience in our hotel. We are glad you liked the unique Akaretler district. We are always trying to improve our service philosophy to make your stays more enjoyable and memorable,
We are looking forward to welcome you back in here,
Warm regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2013

A very nice W, in line with the brand and properties in other locations. A dark and edgy vibe permeates the building, from the softly throbbing techno in the hallways to the nearly pitch-black elevators. The bar attracts a very hip crowd, as expected.

The rooms are reasonably large (400-500 sf?), with fantastic beds and good showers. The layout is a little strange, with no obvious place to drop your keys and small items when you walk in the door, unless you want to put them on the bathroom sink. The room’s safe has a plug inside, so you can charge your gadgets while you are out, a very nice touch. I didn’t hear any street noise, but as my room faced away from the street, I don’t know if this is an issue.

The breakfast buffet is quite good, if on the small side, with a few hot plates of eggs accompanied by a wide selection of cheese and bread. A honeycomb sheet is available, and you can slice off a piece to eat with cheese – unique and highly recommended.

The gym is small, with three treadmills and a few highly polished dumbbells on high alert should you be overcome with the sudden need to exercise.

The hotel is located quite close to a lively restaurant street, so your late night eating options are very good, as long as you are eating local food. If you are into street food, the nearby cart serving sausage sandwiches is recommended.

The internet service is acceptable; I used it heavily during my stay and was quite pleased with the bandwidth.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, and their English skills are competent.

My only complaint is that every single taxi I used in Istanbul took me the long way to my destination, including the taxis that the W staff called. I was not happy to be headed north out of the city when the airport is to the southwest, early on a Sunday morning with no traffic. Either the W staff are unable to find honest drivers, or perhaps there is some other more sinister arrangement going on. Either way, ensure you have a GPS on your phone, and show it to your driver as soon as you start moving so they know you are tracking the route.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lgoldstar
Songul A, Public Relations Manager at W Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear W Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. As you have mentioned; we are a design-led brand, the interior design and lighting are unique and special to the W Brand. The interior design of the W Istanbul is a blend of Ottoman architecture and contemporary W style.
It is amazing to see that you did enjoy your W experience in Istanbul! We are proud of being able to reflect the real W concept to you.

We really appreciate your positive comments about our special W Talent and the service you received. We really pride ourselves on the W service philosophy of Whatever/Whenever. We are always focused on improvement and your feedback allows us to work on the areas that are most important.

Warm wishes,

W Istanbul Team

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was at a business meeting in Istanbul and extended it into a personal vacation, and with the exception a slight defect (will cover later), it was a fantastic stay. First the property is very well done -- the micro-district inhabits is modern, stylist, and well kept. Very much the W style of decor. It is a very pleasant place to stay within the bustle of istanbul.

Cem the concierge is worth his weight in gold -- well organized and gets the job done with impeccable attitude. Overall, the staff is quite attentive and really handled all requests well. Especially with the complication which can come with local taxis to try to take advantage of you, I never once had a problem leaving from the hotel.

I am an SPG gold, which usually doesn't get you very far, but we were upgraded to a top floor room with a nice private terrace overlooking the Bospherous. Fantastic. And since we were staying 5 nights, they invited us to a free movie and popcorn deliver, which was a nice additional touch. The only downer was when I checked in and asked for free Internet as a SPG gold, they told me that this was arranged as a corporate rate and this did not apply (although my co-worker received it). When I checked out I mentioned it again, and the desk manager said he would have taken it off the bill if I had used (note: there is free WLAN in the lobby and the breakfast room so not complete disaster). My feedback to the hotel is that they need to take care of this up front -- could have earned a 5 star rating in my book if this had happened. And to future guests, definitely press a bit harder.

Overall, you will not find this quality of place for the price anywhere in Europe. I would definitely return again.

Room Tip: 5th floor if you can get was outside the hustle and bustle of the general hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex W

Dear W Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us,
We are sorry that you had the internet fee complication but as you know these are all part of Starwood global policies. For your next stay,if there's anything else we can make easier and enjoyable for you, we would love to have it done! Till then, have a nice time planning your next visit to Istanbul!