“Very glad this was next/attached to our hotel”
Review of Neyzade Restaurant

Neyzade Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 13,538 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: REGIONAL TURKISH FOOD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very glad this was next/attached to our hotel”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

What a lovely start to our vacation. We really enjoyed the flavours and choices. The hot and cold starters were very tasty and the main courses reminded me of some of the dishes seen in Anthony bourdain's Istanbul episode of 'no reservations,, when he went to have a home cooked meal cooked by the mother of his host. Wine was good too. Very enjoyable as well as awfully convenient for walking home!
I believe you do need to make reservations - it did get pretty busy. We understand that the outdoor roof terrace will reopen during the summer months- it is too cold up there right now but the view is very nice for summer

• Visited May 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul
“The food Not as good as the design of the restaurant”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed 5 in Istanbul and every time we had to eat we tried different places. This one was just 50 meter awa y from the hotel we stayed,so as we were exhausted we made a reservation full of expectations and went there. The service was fine but was also a show off. The waiters used to run round around, more then 3 times we heard people in the cuisine throughing things down. the food was mediocre and the wine with less then one glass for everyone made us feel dizzy. It is a pitty to have such a nice ambience and to offer such a mediocre plates!

1 Thank Katerina P
Nepean
“Good spot for gluten free”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We enjoyed dinner here so much we returned for a second night. The food was plentiful and well prepared. When I explained I couldn't eat the bread they brought me some gluten free bread. This was great as I could enjoy the toppings for the bread along with my husband. They also offered to try and make any entree gluten free. The service was excellent and the food and wine seemed to be good value. It was great to find an excellent restaurant in the historic area.

5 Thank NepeanCanteach
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best stuffed cabbage ever”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The menu offered a good choice with local specialities as well as more international favourites. It was beautifully presented and thoroughly enjoyable. The stuffed cabbage starter was particularly delicious, cleverly spiced with tender lamb filling. The beef medallions were soft and flavourful in a lovely sauce. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive without being too intrusive - and proved to know a lot about the Turkish wines, the grapes, the various regions and history, and made excellent recommendations. A lovely experience which I would happily repeat and recommend to others.

Visited April 2013
sydney, australia
“Saved the day.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'm afraid this is going to be yet another in a long chain of positive reviews for Neyzade. Sorry - I can't really fault them.

It was our first day in Istanbul. We'd been ripped off over lunch (our own stupid fault; note to selves - never let a carpet shop, even if the owners hail from your own country, get one of their staff to take you to a 'recommended' eatery, or you'll end up being charged 76TL for barely edible food and be left with a sour taste in your mouth).

My point being that we were in dire need of a good experience. And we got one. At Neyzade.

The decor was a little floridly Austro-Hungarian, with tart's knickers pelmets at the windows and such. But the food was superlative, pared back and not at all fussy. And the service quite lovely. We ordered a glass of wine each and instead of getting a bit sloshed anonymously into glasses and dumped in front of us, the waiter brought the bottles to the table, explained the provenance of each and gave us a little to taste- all the ceremony (and more) you'd expect when you bought a good bottle.

My dish (roast lamb) came with a small cake of rice. I'm unable to eat starch and a waiter caught me sliding it onto my partner's plate. When I explained, he asked whether he could bring me anything to replace the rice, and in fact brought me a small salad.

It was one of those meals which restores the waning faith - we left feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

And the really good thing? It cost us one liras less than three dessicted chicken kebabs, disgusting green matter and anaemic dolmades that we had for lunch. As they say, go figure.