“A wonderful dining experience”
Review of Imbat Restaurant - CLOSED

Imbat Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My partner and I went to Imbat on Saturday evening for my birthday, having seen the reviews on TA and we were not disappointed! Service, ambience, view and food all outstanding! We went for the mixed mezze to start followed by the baked lamb, washed down with some delicious Turkish wine! Good value for money too, which was an added bonus. The waiting staff were very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank FifiDHertfordshire

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, overrated food, but absolutely excellent young staff, well trained, definitely seem to enjoy their job, making you feel immediately at home.

Modern Turkish cuisine is on offer here, the chef is definitely doing a good job, however something is wrong.. To me the problem seemed to be located around the strong and heavy character of the eastern cuisine, which can always be improved by the use of lighter incredients. However in Imbat there was ample use of heavier incredients like eggplants, peppers, oil, sauces - which is reasonable - but together with fatty, not very careful frying can result in heavier dishes.

The view and the whole setting is very relaxing. Very good value for money. The staff and atmosphere make you forget about some minor food issues.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Excellent service - excellent food - excellent environment - right people make the difference.

I am very glad that I found this restaurant from tripadvisor being Turkish myself. It was an amazing night for me and for my wife to remember.

2  Thank Gezerturk
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It is not the best food, i rate it 4 out of 5. The service excellent and very fast. Nice view of turkey. Located at the top of a hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I dont usually write reviews but this deserves an exception.
I was there with a special someone and the restaurant couldnt be of a better choice: food is great and at a reasonable price, waiters are with great humor (or we were lucky). Highly recommended, especially for couples.