“Excellent food”

Pasazade Restaurant Ottoman Cuisine
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a wonderful meal sitting on the roof terrace. You need to book and ask for the terrace as the view is terrific. Relaxed friendly service and delicious food

1  Thank hillfieldjp

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Set on a busy passage way - so good for people watching but definatley a tourist only place. Our waiter was a bit too pushy for me-talked up the more expensive wine which was rather average and then did not really help with our choce of food. Turned out my starter was almost identical to themain a chose-I think that is something the waiter could have flagged. The grilled see bass was lovely apparently but don't choose the spice prawns followed by the seafood casserole-almost the same thing!

1  Thank TravelerFarnhamUK
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found this via Tripadvisor and were thrilled - thanks to previous reviewers!

Location and views: It was close to our hotel in Sultanmet, and one of the things we loved was the roof top terrace where we could watch the sun set over the Mosques and skyline.

Secondly, the friendliness and attentiveness of the waiter was excellent, especially given my friend has food allergies. They were most helpful and accommodating.

Thirdly, the food was very flavorsome and homely Turkish cooking. Not fancy, but more authentic.Very reasonably priced!!

1  Thank Porters051
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We came here twice during our stay in Istanbul and had mixed success. The staff is incredibly nice and were very helpful with my gluten allergy. The wine was very good and even let me taste my glass, which I've never seen before.

My husband LOVED his Mutancene meal both times he had it. I had the chicken rolls and enjoyed it the first time, and I love the eggplant mezze that they brought out. However, I had the Sultan Stew the second time and there must have been a spice we're not used to because it was not enjoyable to me or my husband, almost a burnt taste. I am not a picky eater, so it was weird for me to not like something. However, it must have just been me since the table next to us had the same dish and they appeared to love it.

I'd say go...but just don't go for the Sultan Stew.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Good food, good wine and good price. The view is fantastic. Dont forget to make a reservation as this is a popular place.