“Istanbul Baklava the best”
Review of Karakoy Gulluoglu

Karakoy Gulluoglu
Ranked #2 of 375 Dessert in Istanbul
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Karakoy
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I typically am not a big fan of Baklava, because it so sweet. I received a huge box from our tour guide, Yasar as a gift for my group I had booked on a Med. cruise. It was called Karakoy Gulluoglu Baklavacisi. If you ever get to Turkey, you must try it. It is not so sickening sweet like others. It was so delicious.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We foumd this place thanks to gps and TripAdvisor. It worked out well. Its not fancy and takes a minute to figure out the cash/order system. But the various baklava we sampled were all quite good. It was a fun spot with a local feel.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was never a big fun of baklava until we discovered this place. Luckily it was near our hotel (the terrific Karakoy Port Hotel; see a separate review), so we visited Gulluoglu quite a few times. We usually ordered the six piece sampler for 11L, which was absolutely perfect. After tasting many baklava and knafe, we came to the conclusion that the greener the pastry is the better. The abundance of pistachios and other quality ingredients make these baklava taste heavenly. Too bad that now we won't bother eating locally made baklava as it simply cannot compare to the ones made by Karakoy Gulluoglu.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place serves the best baklava in the world. Not the honey soaked glop served in the US. Real pastry. They also serve a delicious real lemonade. Eat some there and get some to go!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My fiancé and I went here on a food tour of Istanbul. We had been eating all day and thought we could not eat anymore when we arrived at this Istanbul institution. One bite of the first Baklava and we wanted more. So much choice and we tried 3 types and all were delicious. Recommend the Chocolate Baklava, if you have a sweet tooth