“The Baklava Place”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Karakoy
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I do not like baklava and I never eat it. After watching a documentary on Turkish Airlines flight I was so looking forward to my next Istanbul trip to try it. This place was recommended from a friend in Istanbul. The place offers numerous choices, it is cool to walk around and choose and chat with the staff. We tried few versions of baklava and tulumbas and surprisingly I loved it! I suggest walk over the Galata bridge to the Old City after the baklava to burn calories.

5  Thank LejlaH
Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We read that this was THE place to go for Baklava, unfortunately we were sorely disappointed. On the upside, there were so many choices, it was fun to walk around and select what looked good and give it a try. We had one walnut thing that was absolutely delicious but it was the baklavas that tasted funny. I've tried them in the states and in Europe many times and Istanbul was the only place where there was a kind of a goat cheese taste to them. Almost like they used goat or sheep's milk for the butter. If you like that taste, then of course they would be kind of delicious, but I just don't think desserts and goat milk go together...but that's just me. They were also slightly on the expensive side in my opinion.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Yes it s popular place and baklavas s really good . The main problem is realy loud to many people around and price s in top . So expsive. There s better baklava cafeteria or baklava shop in eminonu area or taxim

2  Thank gulha
Reviewed January 26, 2014

A bit out of the way but worth the trip. Most succulent delicious baklava. Must stop for tea and baklava

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

In Gulluoglu they serve real baklava in Turkey. If you are used to have dried baklava; they have that option as well. Even you can taste other desserts like asure, sekerpare, tulumba ..etc. they mostly serve with serbet ( souce water+sugar + lemon sips)