“Wonderful baklava, though service is just perfunctory”
Review of Karakoy Gulluoglu

Karakoy Gulluoglu
Ranked #2 of 353 Dessert in Istanbul
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Karakoy
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful baklava, though service is just perfunctory”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I was ready for a break and the tram I was on was going to Karakoy... I ordered cay (tea) and an assorted plate of baklava - 5 pieces! I sat outside by the street. The fistikli sobiyet (triangular shaped) was so delicious. Unfortunately because cream is one of the ingredients it only keeps for 2 days so couldn't buy any for home.
The baklava is crisp, honey soaked and nutty - YUM! Though I felt the service was a bit gruff, not particularly friendly, with the exception of one cashier. Not the worst service, just not very good.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basel
“Good baklava, not so good service”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Tried the baklava at this place and it is quite good. There is a good selection of the sweet treat there and it can be difficult knowing what to choose. We had just the plain walnut and plain pistachio baklava and they were everything I expected.

I think the only downside to this place is that the service is not so friendly. We ordered 500 grams and said that was all we wanted. Upon hearing this, our server promptly frowned at us, sighed loudly and then pushed the box over to us in disgust. If the sweets weren't delicious, I would not recommend this place. But the baklava is good, so I would probably go back. Perhaps our server was just having a bad day, so I wouldn't characterize all the staff at this place as rude - but be warned - if you don't order "enough", they might get huffy!!

1 Thank expateurotraveler
Dubrovnik, Croatia
“Traditions & Traditions :)”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This special house for Baklava and other sweets is in 4th generation and runned by the same family ..The family is famous about their sensibility and authentic production style and they refuse to use any corn sugar and any factory beverages ..They preapare and serve only natural food and no chemical additives..
A nice variety of tradional tsouth urkish sweets and snacks.. Do not miss it if you are in Istanbul...

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Baklava Heaven”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Two words, Baklava Heaven.
But since there is a 100 character minimum, I'll add that it was so good that after downing two boxes, we returned and got a box to take back to the USA for our daughter to enjoy!

Istanbul, Turkey
“This is the best Baklava place of Istanbul”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place has fresh Baklava at all the time until 10pm if you want to eat real Turkish Baklava this is the place for that,and the most important think is they don't use any cornsyrup for making sweet..