“A Dockside Winner”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Karakoy
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Probably the best place to taste the baklava and turkish tea. The atmosphere is very friendly, and is nothing less then excellent. Do not forget to buy some for your return to the UK because this quality is rare!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

When you visit Turkey and especially Istanbul, you must enjoy a Baklava! Gulluoglu in Karakoy is an experience. Sit down and have an afternoon cay(tea) and a baklava. Here they have everything cookied fresh. In fact every visit we make to Istanbul we usually get a few packs made up to take home. They make good presents to bring back to family and friends, of course for yourself as well.

1  Thank mehmet c
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are big fans of baklava, so we did not only rely on reviews, but we asked locals about their favourite. This place by far provides the BEST baklava - and we have tasted a lot. Very fresh filo, fresh nuts, not too sweet, and not too buttery - just right. We packed 10 kgs on our way home!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We tracked down this shop and cafe just a short walk away from the tram station. I have had baklava at every meal while I have been here in Istanbul and this is one of the best. Pistachios to me are the classic, however my children preferred walnut and even the chocolate.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

As a loyal customer of Karakoy Gulluoglu I've been eating their baklavas since I was a kid. My last visit to Karakoy Gulluoglu was a disaster and I once a while felt like I am in McDonalds. The person serving baklavas asked me to pay first and then to bring him the receipt so he can able to be serve the baklavas. I would like inform the owner and the manager of Karakoy Gulluoglu that their traditional service and care to the customers made them succesfull and when ever they are losing that bond to their customers they will lose everything.

4  Thank Haluk70