“Special location to eat delicious Koftas in Istanbul”

Konyali Lokantasi Topkapi Palace
Ranked #483 of 13,905 Restaurants in Istanbul
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant is located in one the courtyards of the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul. It has an honest kitchen and a wonderful view of the Bosforus, the strait that links Europe to Asia, in Turkey. The service is not that fast, but the food is worth a visit. The restaurant has very good Koftas, a Turkish specialty that is a must try when visiting the country.

After enjoy visiting the Palace, which requires quite a long day just to see the basics, it is quite convenient just relax and enjoy as well the view. Probability is that the weather will helps, as the sunny days happen very often in turkey.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

That was my faverait restaurants in the city the hospitality the food frachnes iskandar kebab withe the rice the sea view the the shrbet with the turkish pastry and befor we go befor the sunsat i do recomend it after a tour in topcape

1  Thank imaddakr
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I planned to go to this restaurant before visiting the Topkapi palace based on reviews I read in one of the traveler’s guides. After a long day in Topkapi and checking the amazing location of the restaurant, I and my friend were even more tempted to eat in the place and have what we thought would be a perfect ending for our day. Unfortunately that didn't happen. We first struggled on our own to find a place as it was packed by tourists. Finally when we found a place to sit, we were bit taken off by the prices; a sandwich cost 23 Turkish Lira and a coke about 12 Turkish Lira (about 12.7 and 6 US $ respectively), which is easily twice the prices at the far better places just outside the palace's walls. However, we decided to stay and ordered a doner sandwich and a coke each. After waiting for about 10 minutes the unfriendly waiter came and threw a doner plates on our table, when we explained to him that we ordered sandwiches and not plates, he told us that this is what is available, and he took the liberty in changing our order without even asking us!! We decided to leave and to our shock he told us in a very rude manner "yala leave". It was his lucky day that I didn't want to ruin my day and make a scene but I am definitely never returning to that place. One more thing, at the time of our visit the restaurant was undergoing major renovations and expansions, so the visitors don't even get to enjoy the view at the time being. I say they better invest the money in training their staff!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Used to be one of the oldest restaurants in İstanbul.
Good choice of food.
Expensive
need restoration.
which takes place now.
crowded always.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Location is perfect - right on the grounds of Topkapi Palace, with nice views of the water. Unfortunately, service is slow, prices are high and food is good, not great. I was glad to find it and take a break before finishing up my visit to Topkapi, but underwhelmed by the restaurant, especially for the prices.