All reviews european side executive room excellent hotel min walk rooms are small ihg tl karakoy wardrobe reception taxi channels lobby ferries cereal gym internet
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Im writing this comment while im staying in the hotel,today i went out early morning around 10 Am requesting the housekeeping but i surprised when i came back at 5 pm and found no housekeeping came yet.

Yesterday i had a water drainage problem in the shower, and no one take it seriously, today one of the gentleman at the reception helped me.

I hope they will improve the services.

Regards,,,

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

If the access of the hotel was in a good place, it would be one of the most preffered once in istanbul. The room is clean and not very small. But, house keeping service should be careful about the needs of the bathroom. The bathroom stuffes should be renewed before the guests request. The free items in the room must be placed everyday. The Wastewater discharge was not working well in the room 315.
The breakfast is good enough but restaurant is not.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ihsankesmen
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul - Kadikoy, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Hello Ihsankesmen,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you found our rooms clean. However, it is unfortunate that the access to the hotel was not that easy, the housekeeping services failing to refill bathroom amenities and the condition of the toilet affected your overall satisfaction. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you have faced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

I visited the Holiday Inn in Kadikoy, Istanbul, as my wife was getting some cosmetic surgery, we needed somewhere affordable to stay and this hotel was booked for us by the surgery company.

Initially as we drove up we were concerned, the area is not the prettiest, nor most accessible. However when we entered the building, the styling and ambience was good. Check in was relatively easy, with English speaking reception staff. The first room we were taken to was a twin bedroom, this was a fault of the booking, not the staff. They rectified it to a double within minutes.

The rooms are not spacious, but they are clean and well appointed, with a well stocked mini bar, clean towels and lots of power points. Also an iron and ironing board was hung in the wardrobe and there’s a hairdryer in the bathroom. There’s a tv, but only 2 English speaking channels and no music channels.

Our stay was for 10 nights and we got to know the staff at reception, particularly Emre and Engin, who spoke the most English and were really helpful in getting taxis and communicating with the drivers for us, and in the restaurant, Razaman makes a wonderful foam free latte now, and iirem with her limited English is very helpful, getting us fresh pancakes in the morning and my personal favourite Folcaccia bread, which is always made fresh.

The food: Breakfast is a bit hit and miss but there are boiled and scrambled eggs a plenty, toast, cereal, pastries and fruit. There is room for improvement with the hot choices for breakfast as most dishes were unrecognisable to an English palate.

The restaurant is very good, food changes with particular chefs, Remzi, was my wife’s favourite, Lamb Provençal & Spaghetti Bolognese always hit the spot. Top tip, if you order the Quesedilla’s ask for yoghurt with it (sour cream) and thank me later. The chicken soup was great, especially when my wife was on a limited diet following surgery, it comes with lemon and herbs on the side and is both refreshing and delicious.

Room service was always punctual, and reasonably priced. Who doesn’t love a cheese toastie? All the staff were friendly and smiling though.

Housekeeping, it’s a bit hit and miss, at the start of the week it was fine, however we did have 2 times we had to call and have housekeeping come to the room, but nothing major or overly inconvenient. The chambermaid was always friendly, maybe a little overworked or busy.

We took the advantage of using the spa massage and sauna room, this service was incredible and reasonably priced, my only criticism is that the guy on reception had no clue what we were saying and had to call someone to speak to us, but then there was no-one to explain how the lockers etc worked. The services themselves were amazing tho.

It’s a well decorated and stylish venue, with a variety of board games/video games/ internet hub/ books etc on the ground floor. My only criticism of my whole time there is the lobby/restaurant music. Same 6-10 songs incessantly for 10 days!!!! At my request Iirem would change the restaurant music for some plinky plonky lift music to give us some respite.

Overall, we enjoyed our time here and this was really down to the staff, they’re a credit to the hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2018

I stayed here for 7 nights in April
The staff, room and food were very good however I found the noise from the dual carriageway road ( being a light sleeper ) a bit too much in fairness
The hotel is a bit far from anywhere really however cabs are cheap (some do rip you off ) and the Marina is a 20 miute walk from here which is well worth a visit for food and drinks

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2018

The Holiday Inn Kadikoy is an excellent hotel specially for copulas or business. it is modern and quite. They have valley car barking. The location is a bit far but if you have a car it will not be an issue. I don't know about the public transportation if it is close or not but I didn't see any one close. The staff is friendly.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple