“Great Food!”

Ranked #1,491 of 13,822 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Besiktas
Description: Since 1995, Köşebaşi is the only restaurant chain that is true to the traditional recipes of South Anatolia. Köşebaşi has managed to capture this traditional taste and is committed to continue to offer not only a cultural event but also an introduction to Anatolian lifestyle. Köşebaşi was voted as one of "World's 50 Best Restaurants" by the 14,000 members of Conde Nast Traveler magazine and was awarded with International Tourism, Hotel and Catering Industries Prize as "The Best Representative of The Traditional Turkish Cuisine". Köşebaşi was also cited as "The Best Kebab Restaurant in Istanbul" by Time magazine. Köşebaşi continues its journey in 3 continents, 9 countries with its 28 branches.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I went here with locals, so I can't speak to the many complaints regarding different prices for locals vs tourists, we never saw the bill. Also since we were with locals we enjoyed their selection of what they considered the best the restaurant had to offer and since they spoke the language, they were able to quickly get the waiters attention for items we needed. So I think we were at an advantage compared to the tourist. With that said, we really enjoyed the meal. I've eaten a lot of Turkish food in my lifetime and love it and to me this restaurant did deliver great food. Being a group of 6 meant we could try many items and I enjoyed the variety and being able to taste so many great appetizers. English was widely spoken and the restaurant was pretty full. I would love to go back, but can understand the annoyance of going it alone and wondering if you are getting ripped off-I always feel that way about Istanbul.

1  Thank AnnArborMHT
There are newer reviews for Kosebasi Reina

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Mediocre food compare to everything around,not even a good location. I travel to Istanbul every year and I am very familiar w/the cuisine.$7 local beer,$12-14 Turkish pizza. Careful at the beginning they will bring few small plates w/couple of bites in each plate worth that coast $5-6 and 2-3 pieces of plain bread that suppose to be free but they charged me $12 just for the bread......;(;(;( Over all foreigners are paying different prices then locals at this place and they do not care. The table next to us were Turks that payed 35-40% less then we did for similar stuff and trust me I talked to the table next to us and confirmed w/the menu. At the end because I was making to much noise they lowered down the total w/$6....what a relieve.....:):). Everybody have an opinion but this is a plain site robbery. I don't know how they received 4-stars raising here....crazy.

1  Thank PZlatev
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Reina has a group of diferent restaurants. We made a reservation at Kosebasi. The service is poor with waiters giving you no attention at all. The food is good but more expensive than other places with same level of cousine. The place is very beautiful at night and you have a wonderful view of the bridge that connect the two continents.

1  Thank marcosdias
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went to the Nisantasi Kosebasi location, right near the high end shopping area of Istanbul, for lunch. Even at such an early time, the place was packed and we had to sit inside because we had not reserved. The decor is very modern and it's not targeting anyone who is looking for an authentic local experience, but the food is OK. I do have a gripe about the extremely perfunctory service, but given the amount of tables and the low numbers of wait staff this should probably be expected. The waiters just don't take the time to listen to you, often walking off before you have completed your order, and are then afflicted with deafness when you try to call them back. I have had better food in Istanbul but the bathrooms were clean and it was in the perfect place for tired shoppers who need to refuel.

1  Thank tallool
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Good food. Good buzz & if I were local I might like it. BUT we left feeling ripped-off. Maybe we should have seen it coming - slick middle-aged waiters with selective hearing for the English language. Their offer to prepare a special 'off-menu' mixed kebab for the two of us meant our bill included the cost for 3 top-priced main courses rather than the two we understood we'd receive. Add to this another 24TL (~£10) for the unrequested mini hors d'ourve pizza each that was slipped onto our plates mid-meal with the slight of hand of a professional card-sharp. Then they claimed to have run out of their white House Wine - and guess in what price-range the nearest replacement was!
Final bill was way over-priced at more than 300TL (~£80 per person) excluding any tip (which they did not get).

1  Thank CB175